Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Brussels, Belgium {BEL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Brussels, Belgium {BEL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:21 pm

Hilton Brussells

Can someone tell me which is the best hilton to stay in brussells. I see there is a conrad plus a brand new one. Any help would be appreciated. D
Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:38 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Conrad Brussels is very nice. Good sized rooms. Good location. ^ See previous thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...onrad+brussels
Old Apr 15, 2004, 3:58 pm

which is better? right downtown? things to do near the hotel? stuff like that. I'm leaning towards the conrad or the hilton brussells city.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Was just in Brussels two weeks ago and stayed at the Conrad. I'd definitely stay there again. The Brussels Hilton and the Conrad are pretty close to each other so there isn't much differentiation there. It's a few blocks from the Conrad to the nearest subway stop and the trams are right in front of the hotel. The hotel is fantastic.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
The hotel is fantastic.
And their breakfast buffet: to die for!!! ^
The Conrad is attached to this little plaza. There's a little chocolate shop there (Pierre Marcolini): some of the best belgian chocolates around!!!
I'd go with the Conrad.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Smile

I had a 6-night award stay two weeks ago at the Conrad and found it to be one of the best Hiltons I've stayed at. Lobby is stunning, rooms are large (but the TV is small) and the bathroom is elegant. As a Gold, my wife and I got a free breakfast buffet, which is the best (and most expensive if I had to pay for it) I've ever had anywhere, and got it every day. Concierge service was great, and overall service was excellent. Didn't try the exercise facilities or the business center since it was a vacation (or "holiday" as the Europeans say). Located about 1/4 mile from subway, but the walk there is past upscale stores on fashionable Louise Ave. Close to Hilton on Waterloo Blvd if you'd rather have that, but similarly priced. The Brussels City Hilton near the north train station looks like it's in a marginal neighborhood, so I wouldn't consider that one if you're looking for upscale lodging. If you can afford the place or score an award stay, go for the Conrad!
Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:17 am

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
Hotels in Brussels

After reading many conficting views on the hotels in Brussels, I'm wonder whether you could advise on where is best out of the Hilton Brussels, Hilton Brussels City and Scandic Grand Place.

I know there is the Conrad, but my employer wont pay for Conrads... so .

Anyway, your advice please on the two Hiltons and the Scandic.

Btw, I'm a Gold, so what upgrades etc will I get at each?
Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:27 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Originally Posted by barella
After reading many conficting views on the hotels in Brussels, I'm wonder whether you could advise on where is best out of the Hilton Brussels, Hilton Brussels City and Scandic Grand Place.

I would definitely recommend the Brussels Hilton. As a Gold, I am always given access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast and cocktails in the evening. If the hotel is not full, you can also (in my experience) expect an upgrade to the Executive floor.

The location is excellent - only about five minutes from the Conrad.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
I stayed at the Conrad 6 months ago on a 6-nt award stay and thought it was great. I remember pricing it (even though I didn't have to pay) against the Brussels Hilton only 1/4-mile away and the rates were similar. So price both, and if they are similar, choose the Conrad if your boss will let you on that basis. If they are close, you may want to choose the Conrad and pay the difference. Even though I was on an award stay they upgraded my room (they don't have a lounge) and provided my wife and me the full breakfast buffet (valued at E21) every morning. Concierge was great.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:08 pm

I agree with srk123. Don't assume the Conrad will be (much) more expensive. When I stayed at the Conrad, the rate I got from the Hilton was no better. You might be pleasantly surprised. The Conrad is a much superior hotel.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:44 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I've never stayed at the Conrad as it always seems to be booked when I want it, but I have stayed at the Hilton downtown and it's very nice. The restaurant on the top floor is also very good; the on-the-hoof appetizer is an interesting experience-cured meats cut off the bone, some with the hoof attached, tableside. Not an experience for the vegetarian.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 8:12 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up you didn't ask about this one...

The Hilton Brussels Residence would give you a very nice room without any worries about if you get upgraded or not.

Not sure how long you're in belgium for... if you have a chance to stay over a weekend, the Hilton Groenplatz in Antwerp is a very nice place to stay and a nice change of scenery.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 3:39 am

Right, I'm having to choose between Hilton Brussels City or Scandic Grand Place... any advice?

Ando no, before you say, I cant choose any of the others in Brussels, company policy and what not
Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Right, I'm having to choose between Hilton Brussels City or Scandic Grand Place... any advice?

Ando no, before you say, I cant choose any of the others in Brussels, company policy and what not
You have to realize that FlyerTalk is a place where, if you ask, "Should I stay in Hotel A or Hotel B," there will be at least two or three responders who tell you to stay in Hotel C, or Hotel D, or Hotel E, etc. That's just the way it is here. (Or if you report "I stayed in Hotel A," there's always some joker who says, "You should have stayed in Hotel B!" -- even though Hotel B just happens to cost twice as much as Hotel A. )

I've stayed in the Hilton Brussels City Hotel and it was fine. However, I have no basis for comparison with other Brussels hotels.

If the other choice, the Scandic Grand Place, is actually on the Grand' Place, that would be a superb location. The Hilton Brussels City Hotel is on a somewhat tacky square, but there is handy public transport right under that square, and it is also within walking distance to the center of Brussels. But the Grand' Place is right IN the center of Brussels, is beautiful, is one of the highlights of the city, AND there's often stuff happening there -- festivals and whatnot.

So just on the basis of location, the Scandic might be a bit better. But you may have other criteria that are more important. Let me know if you have other questions about the Hilton Brussels City.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:38 am

Thanks for the advice KathyWdrf.

I'm veering towards the Hilton as the rate is slightly cheaper, and of course I'll earn more points!

You mention the hotel is "within walking distance to the center of Brussels"... would you by any chance know approx. how far it is, and is it safe on a night?

Also, would you know what my chances of an upgrade as a Gold?

Cheers.

Barella

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.