FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Texas, USA {US-TX} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/360729-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-texas-usa-us-tx.html)

jfe Dec 13, 2002 11:11 pm

The ES is really old, but unfortunately so is the Airport Hilton. They have a Hampton Inn that just opened last than a year ago, and there is also a Marriott and a brand new Courtyard.

You have a couple of options, they just sold the downtown Hilton to the Camino Real chain, very nice.

I would stay at either the Courtyard or Marriott, and after the HH devaluation, I wont be staying at Hilton anytime soon http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

lynneblack Dec 14, 2002 10:46 pm

I just stayed at the El Paso Airport Hilton and I thought it was very nice. As gold I was upgraded to a suite & given executive floor access. The room was immaculate and well furnished. Food sucked though - runny eggs and some kind of kool-aid for evening beverage.

EPS Dec 17, 2002 11:01 am

I stayed there last month. The only food I had was the executive level breakfast, and it was OK. No complaints.

No, I did not check out the water slide.

m Mar 9, 2003 3:33 pm

El Paso Hilton Family Hotel Review

I have now stayed at all the 3 Hilton family hotels in El Paso (there also is a Garden Inn in Juarez across the border, but I have not stayed there). They are all by the airport - Hilton, Embassy Suites, and Hampton Inn and Suites. Without a doubt, and surprisingly, the Hampton is the absolute best. The Hilton is very convenient to the airport and can be walked to from the airport- only 100 meters or so away. The top floor of the main building is their executive level, and it is very disappointing. The food in the mornings and evenings is not high quality and is not maintained for freshness or anything else. They do have a decent pool. You can also hear the planes taking off depending upon your room`s location.
The ES is on I-10 and the rooms facing the freeway are noisy. Some rooms have been remodeled and they are fine, but the unrenovated rooms have corrosion in the bathroom. If you get a renovated room on the side, it is more than adequate. The morning and evening food/drink are standard ES.
But the Hampton is super; in fact, it`s the best Hampton I`ve stayed in (the Portland Airport Hampton has now dropped to #2). For breakfast, they have lots of fruit, several different types of cereal and milk, many different types of breads and rolls, hard boiled eggs, etc. While they have biscuits and gravy too, the ES has more hot breakfast items if that is important to you - it is not to me). The Hampton has a evening reception Monday - Thursday, that is as good as many Homewood Suites receptions. Also if you can get an upgrade to a suite, it is a very nice and roomy accommodation. Even the regular rooms are nice, but small. The outside of the hotel is an ugly yellow, but apart from that, I recommend it. Actually, though, there is an even better hotel in El Paso - it is the Marriott at the airport. If you get access to their concierge level, it is extraordinarily nice. It beats its main rival, Hilton, hands down. It is nicer than the Hampton but more expensive and you get less if you are not on its concierge level.

[This message has been edited by m (edited 03-09-2003).]

u600213 Mar 9, 2003 5:46 pm

Hi,

On MLK day weekend in 2002 I stayed at the Hilton El Camino Real in Downtown El Paso using HHonors points. It is a historic hotel in an excellent location. The room was very nice, the hotel staff was nice , quick and efficient and I reccomend it unreservedly. Good resturant and a very fancy restored Bar.

Steve

SoldIt Mar 10, 2003 8:33 am

I stayed at the ES in El PAso a couple of weeks ago. Was very disappointed in the room. It had no alarm clock, TV reception was bad and one phone would not work. It ranks in the 5 worst ES properties i have stayed in. That being said, I was at the ES in San Rafael CA Mariun County north of San Fracisco. They are now my favortite ES property. The grounds are nice, the rooms clean and fresh. But the people working at the property were OUTSTANDING. The whole experience was refreshing. I would recommend the property. It is about 15/20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and a less expensive alternative to the bay area.

A wonderful Property. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

m Mar 11, 2003 6:02 pm

u600213

I stayed at the El Camino Real a year ago, and I agree with you. I did not include it in my review because it is my understanding that it, along with the entire Mexico chain it is part of, is no longer affiliated with HHonors. They were only part of HHonors for a very short period, like about a year or so, I think.

kenpo777 Oct 4, 2004 11:22 am

DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Texas, USA {US-TX}

We want to take a weekend trip in Texas(we live in Houston) and also doing a mileage run to keep the gold status. Where would be the nicest Hilton family hotel in Texas. I've stayed at Hilton Americas and the one in Austin.
How is the EB in Corpus Christi? Just looking for a weekend to kick back and relax..

Any ideas???

RFEngineer Oct 9, 2004 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by kenpo777
We want to take a weekend trip in Texas(we live in Houston) and also doing a mileage run to keep the gold status. Where would be the nicest Hilton family hotel in Texas. I've stayed at Hilton Americas and the one in Austin.
How is the EB in Corpus Christi? Just looking for a weekend to kick back and relax..

Any ideas???

EB is Embassy Suites ? (sorry I'm still learning the shorthand)

Stayed in Corpus Christi Embassy Suites last year, not bad place. It's a smaller property, smaller atrium, the manager's reception in the evening was ok, breakfast was good. Standard Embassy Room. During the week I got a rate of around $100, weekends could be higher. Nice thing it's only 15 minutes to the beach. :) have fun

underpressure Oct 11, 2004 12:08 pm

My daughter loved the Hilton SA by the river walk. Maybe it's cause daddy did it with points for her, but she loved it anyway.

DRP Oct 11, 2004 8:15 pm

Austin or San Antonio

We stayed at a Hilton property in Austin which was great. It was about 2 blocks from the Capital. It has been a couple of years but I believe it was a Hilton. We received an upgrade to a 2 room suite with a great view of the state capital.

jfe Oct 11, 2004 8:25 pm

If you are going far west Texas, El Paso Hilton ain't that bad, it has a 200ft long water slide

Doubt you will drive this far though ;)

BLI-Flyer Oct 11, 2004 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by DRP
We stayed at a Hilton property in Austin which was great. It was about 2 blocks from the Capital. It has been a couple of years but I believe it was a Hilton. We received an upgrade to a 2 room suite with a great view of the state capital.

You're probably thinking of the Doubletree Guest Suites. It's two blocks west of the capitol and is a nice property, in the middle of the state office complex, half-way between the University of Texas and downtown. There isn't another Hilton that close to the capitol.

The new Hilton downtown is also very nice. I stayed there last week and got upgraded to the executive floor, with a breakfast buffet and an evening happy hour reception. The staff was outstanding and the location (downtown, next to the convention center) puts you right in the middle of the Austin nightlife and just a few blocks from Town Lake, the hike and bike trail, and the famous Congress Avenue Bat Bridge. I'd stay at the downtown location again in a heartbeat.

kenpo777 Oct 11, 2004 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by jfe
If you are going far west Texas, El Paso Hilton ain't that bad, it has a 200ft long water slide

Doubt you will drive this far though ;)

El Paso is a looooooooong from Houston!!! I also stayed in the Hilton San Anotnio by the riverwalk. That's where I proposed to my wife after we got upgraded!

kdog311 Oct 12, 2004 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by kenpo777
El Paso is a looooooooong from Houston!!! I also stayed in the Hilton San Anotnio by the riverwalk. That's where I proposed to my wife after we got upgraded!

The Hilton Austin is a great hotel if you want to do any sightseeing - the capital is walking distance and the presidential library is in Austin as well.