Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Olympia {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by wizla
SPIRTS - gin, vodka, brandy and Havana ( whatever that is? )
Havana will be a Rum, I do miss that stuff, can't drink it anymore
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by beergut
Havana will be a Rum, I do miss that stuff, can't drink it anymore
yeah thought it was but wasn't sure...........im Enjoying this...staff approached asked if I need anything just ask and topped up my glass......jeez, this is better service than the Waldorf!........love this.......will report back!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:22 pm

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:04 pm

Well I can't complain guys, I've sat here and had my prosseco topped up many times and manager just come around with a plate of chicken spring rolls offering them around, they were actually very tasty.........I'm thinking - I stay at the Waldorf for double this price and half this service, maybe I just got lucky? But this lounge takes some beating, nothing ran out, everything was very tasty and I feel very looked after, my driver will be here shortly to take me to Brixton I almost don't wanna leave.......will report back in morning!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well I can't complain guys, I've sat here and had my prosseco topped up many times and manager just come around with a plate of chicken spring rolls offering them around, they were actually very tasty.........I'm thinking - I stay at the Waldorf for double this price and half this service, maybe I just got lucky?
No, not really. This Hilton has a long list of disadvantages, but it seems to have worked out the things it can do to make it up. So the lounge is actually (whisper it very quietly) possibly the best one in London, the staff are genuinely welcoming and highly professional; and at breakfast tomorrow hopefully you will see them going the extra mile there too. So the rooms and carpets are well overdue renewal, it's not the quietest place, and the local public transport isn't great for a central London location, but once you've worked out how to use the buses (e.g. from LHR changing at Hammersmith, to central London via High Street Ken) then actually it can be very good value. Nearly stayed there myself this evening funnily enough, but plans were changed.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, not really. This Hilton has a long list of disadvantages, but it seems to have worked out the things it can do to make it up. So the lounge is actually (whisper it very quietly) possibly the best one in London, the staff are genuinely welcoming and highly professional; and at breakfast tomorrow hopefully you will see them going the extra mile there too. So the rooms and carpets are well overdue renewal, it's not the quietest place, and the local public transport isn't great for a central London location, but once you've worked out how to use the buses (e.g. from LHR changing at Hammersmith, to central London via High Street Ken) then actually it can be very good value. Nearly stayed there myself this evening funnily enough, but plans were changed.
you are spot on there!........that's my conclusion too, somewhat tired hotel with a very good lounge.

got back from gig at 3am, saw a bunch of old friends backstage and probably drank a little too much so no gym for me this morning as I can't face it.......will shower and go for breakfast..........will report back!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:04 am

.......didn't try shower, had a bath.......breakfast was ok, I say ok as the selection was good but a lot of the hot food was tepid at best almost spoiling it......nice burcher musli .
done express check out as parking pre payed.

CONCLUSION - I liked it, it was ok......I think corporate wage slave summed it up correctly.........it's a tired and worn hotel that can be noisy ( traffic ) but the lounge is very good, would I return?......yes I would.....set expectations low and it's fine.

ROOM NO - 724

NEXT STAY - nothing planned.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:56 pm

chrism20 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:23 am

I'm back here again this coming Thursday night as I have a gig to do in Hammersmith ( RUN DMC ) , booked a double guest room and hopefully will get upgraded to an executive room.
Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend that afternoon at 1pm. ( 140 miles away ) so won't be arriving until around 6-30pm as my train doesn't get into London until 6pm so will miss afternoon tea and it's going to be tight too as on stage 9-30pm, may hopefully get an hour in lounge to report on.
Will report back!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:06 pm

Strange one, I looked online at lunchtime and I was preupgraded to a double deluxe suite, tonight I go on again to do OLCI and noticed I've been downgraded to a double room , I did get a screenshot of upgrade and I know I'm not entitled as such but I can't help but feel a little miffed.......should I be?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Strange one, I looked online at lunchtime and I was preupgraded to a double deluxe suite, tonight I go on again to do OLCI and noticed I've been downgraded to a double room , I did get a screenshot of upgrade and I know I'm not entitled as such but I can't help but feel a little miffed.......should I be?
"Should" is a difficult one but I certainly would be miffed too (regular at this property).

I definitely would have mentioned it to front desk and been prepared to show the screenshot if they were not forthcoming. How did it turn out?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
"Should" is a difficult one but I certainly would be miffed too (regular at this property).

I definitely would have mentioned it to front desk and been prepared to show the screenshot if they were not forthcoming. How did it turn out?
Still showing " double guest room ", STAY is not until tonight.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:32 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Still showing " double guest room ", STAY is not until tonight.
Good luck.

P.S. I would just like to point out that time-zone stuff is weird. You post shows to me as being posted at "Yesterday, 7:19 pm". Which presumably was 00:19 BST on Thursday morning as my computer is currently set to EDT. So, I might suggest that in the future things like "is not until tonight, Thursday" might be better / less confusing.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by stc
Good luck.

P.S. I would just like to point out that time-zone stuff is weird. You post shows to me as being posted at "Yesterday, 7:19 pm". Which presumably was 00:19 BST on Thursday morning as my computer is currently set to EDT. So, I might suggest that in the future things like "is not until tonight, Thursday" might be better / less confusing.
Ah......that's a good point and thanks for pointing that out.

Account still showing double guest room , it's 5-15pm here in the uk, I should arrive at hotel 6-45pm.....will try my luck at front desk but it appears hotel is nearly sold out.....will see.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

Arrived, 7-25pm, swift check in, didn't push for upgrade as I'm tight on time, straight to executive lounge as hungry after difficult journey, fairly quiet, nice vibe .

CANAPÉS - chicken skewers, acceptable cheeseboard, crudités, salmon moose and selection of great breads, lemon cake.

BEERS - kronenberg.

SPIRITS - there was some but sorry now taken away.

WINE - red, white and prosseco.

I've got a gig to do with run dmc down the road at Hammersmith appollo so will report on room in morning, tight schedule, will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.