Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:20 am

Any recent experiences?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by david55
I have reservations for both. Same price. One night before an early flight departure. I'm a HH Gold. Any thoughts.
I’m in the same boat, except I’m diamond. From what I can understand the Hilton hasn’t been renovated since it opened about 5 years ago. If so, I don’t want to stay there because that’s way too long for JFK.

If it is not renovated I would want to stay at the Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn.

I moved to the Hilton Garden Inn. I sent the Hilton JFK several emails over two weeks and they couldn’t bother to return one email, even after corporate asked them to reach out to me. If you can’t even get them on email, I can only imagine how bad it’s run in a everyday capacity.

I have points and two free nights but really don’t wanna go into the city. I lived in New York for five years and was happy to get out of that place. But maybe I should burn the weekend certificates at a ritzy hotel cannot make up my mind.

Anyway, out of the Hilton’s by the airport which is the most newly renovated?

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 4, 2023 at 9:45 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Stayed here recently. Lounge pretty standard for a domestic property. Coffee machine in lounge makes mochas. Breakfast in restaurant is pretty good for a domestic property, there is even smoked salmon and decent bagels. Main downsides: some rooms have air vents in the bathroom that blow smoky freezing air (at least in January/February) into the room, and this hotel only allows complimentary late checkout until 2:00 PM for Diamonds (1:00 PM for non-Diamonds). $100 fee to stay past 2:00!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:26 am

I stayed at the Hampton Inn by JFK recently a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed my stay there. Considering it was a hotel by the airport in New York, it was immaculately clean, and definitely more than above standards than your average JFK hotel. Perhaps I just set the bar so low for JFK hotels that anything slightly above average will impress me?

I have an upcoming stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at JFK, but am wondering if I should just move it to the Hampton Inn?

I recently had a canceled flight out of JFK and stayed at the Hampton Inn by the airport. I really like the stay and thought the property was really good. It’s in great shape and clean which is rare for JFK.

I have an upcoming Hilton Garden Inn JFK in April and am wondering if I should switch to the Hampton Inn? How is the Garden Inn compared to the Hampton?

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 4, 2023 at 9:46 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I recently had a canceled flight out of JFK and stayed at the Hampton Inn by the airport. I really like the stay and thought the property was really good. It’s in great shape and clean which is rare for JFK.

I have an upcoming Hilton Garden Inn JFK in April and am wondering if I should switch to the Hampton Inn? How is the Garden Inn compared to the Hampton?
I stayed at the JFK Garden Inn in early November. Unfortunately it was a very short stay, I got in on a flight from the Middle East about sunset, went through the international arrival stuff to the hotel, ate and went to bed, then got up at about 4:30 AM as I recall to catch my flight home. Physically, my room was fine, nothing special. I remember that the taxi driver complained that it was difficult to get to the hotel coming from the airport. The lobby staff was extremely helpful, especially a fellow named Alex. My only complaint wasn’t really an important one—I wanted to eat some comfort food before going to bed, so went to the restaurant, which was actually just an area of the lobby with tables, not really separated. They had a long row of tables set side by side with chairs on opposite sides, as if they were going to have a banquet for about a dozen people, and I sat rubbing elbows with a group of young travelers talking excitedly (not inappropriately, but with an animated discussion I wasn’t in the mood to hear after a lengthy flight in economy) on one side literally next to me, and immediately on the other side was another solo traveler who spent all of my meal time talking on the phone. It wasn’t a very relaxing experience, and there was no place else to move to or ask to be moved to. The food was fine and the restaurant staff helpful though busy. I left before breakfast and didn’t think to ask for a box breakfast. After the trip I received a survey and praised Alex and griped about the restaurant experience. I received a response supposedly from the hotel manager that showed a human being had read my survey, and politely apologized for the problems and thanked me for complimenting the lobby staff. It was an okay experience, and I wouldn’t hate going back. And I may just have been unlucky with a busier than usual restaurant.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:11 pm

Do diamonds get any credit towards breakfast?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I have had comped breakfast in other HGIs, but I left in the morning before breakfast at this one, so can’t confirm from experience.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

I read a whole thread on comparing the two and I ended up booking at the HGI. I'm sure that breakfast is included, we also get breakfast when we were golds at HGI and now that we are diamonds I certainly hope so! At our last stay in DC even our teenage boys got free breakfast.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mike B

I stayed at the JFK Garden Inn in early November. Unfortunately it was a very short stay, I got in on a flight from the Middle East about sunset, went through the international arrival stuff to the hotel, ate and went to bed, then got up at about 4:30 AM as I recall to catch my flight home. Physically, my room was fine, nothing special. I remember that the taxi driver complained that it was difficult to get to the hotel coming from the airport. The lobby staff was extremely helpful, especially a fellow named Alex. My only complaint wasn’t really an important one—I wanted to eat some comfort food before going to bed, so went to the restaurant, which was actually just an area of the lobby with tables, not really separated. They had a long row of tables set side by side with chairs on opposite sides, as if they were going to have a banquet for about a dozen people, and I sat rubbing elbows with a group of young travelers talking excitedly (not inappropriately, but with an animated discussion I wasn’t in the mood to hear after a lengthy flight in economy) on one side literally next to me, and immediately on the other side was another solo traveler who spent all of my meal time talking on the phone. It wasn’t a very relaxing experience, and there was no place else to move to or ask to be moved to. The food was fine and the restaurant staff helpful though busy. I left before breakfast and didn’t think to ask for a box breakfast. After the trip I received a survey and praised Alex and griped about the restaurant experience. I received a response supposedly from the hotel manager that showed a human being had read my survey, and politely apologized for the problems and thanked me for complimenting the lobby staff. It was an okay experience, and I wouldn’t hate going back. And I may just have been unlucky with a busier than usual restaurant.
The last time I stayed at the HGI JFK they had just renovated the restaurant to that long table in lieu of the typical many small table layout of most HGI restaurants and I also really didn't like it. Its been a few years since I have stayed there (unless there is a big cost savings I stay at the JFK Hilton) but staff was always pretty good and never any complaints other than that table set up in the restaurant. Prior to the Hilton opening I stayed there pretty often and it was consistently good from when it opened I want to see back in 2005 or so.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
I read a whole thread on comparing the two and I ended up booking at the HGI. I'm sure that breakfast is included, we also get breakfast when we were golds at HGI and now that we are diamonds I certainly hope so! At our last stay in DC even our teenage boys got free breakfast.
Would you mind reporting back after your stay at HGI JFK what the breakfast situation is? Also how the rooms are compared to when they opened?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shmom
AFAIK breakfast is free for Golds and Diamonds as long as thats what they chose as their MyWay choice, that is instead of getting the 750 pts. Cant remember ever getting both at least at US HGIs.. A person isnt Gold or Diamond I would think theres no free breakfast like by Hampton
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If you book through a third party, do you still get breakfast if you are Diamond, or do you get no benefits from booking that way?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
If you book through a third party, do you still get breakfast if you are Diamond, or do you get no benefits from booking that way?
It would be unusual to get it, that would require an overly generous hotel. The whole point of the status benefits is to get you to book through Hilton or their affiliates
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Miesque
It would be unusual to get it, that would require an overly generous hotel. The whole point of the status benefits is to get you to book through Hilton or their affiliates
That's what I thought. So at an HGI non-status people get NO breakfast for free, or just the buffet?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
That's what I thought. So at an HGI non-status people get NO breakfast for free, or just the buffet?

You will not get free breakfast at HGI if you are not gold or diamond unless you happen to pay extra for the breakfast included room rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.