Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing hotel {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I'll be in Beijing starting new years eve for 3 nights and booking a room here for the first night since my room type isn't available at the Wangfujing Hilton. How are these rooms compared to the ones at Wangfujing? I loved that hotel as a gold and as a diamond I'm sure I'll be treated just as well if not better. Hoping for an upgrade but it's only for 1 night so no big deal.

Also, is there anything to do in the immediate area? We arrive into PEK around 7 and will probably start out early in the AM touring so we won't wan't to venture too far. Again, not a big deal but it would be nice to mingle for a while if I'm not too jetlagged once we get in.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Just dropping in to say that the treatment of Diamonds at Wangfujing is top notch!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I may have a short trip to Beijing and Seoul planned for a few days from now. Due to the short nature I'm going to try to keep my sleep schedule close to normal so that would mean sleeping on the flight over and sleeping from about 11am-7pm Beijing time. Is there anything to do in this area late at night? By time I got to the hotel it would be about 9-10pm so by time I start walking around it would be a bit later. I was thinking of walking to Ghost Street since that seems to be one of the few things that is still going late within walking distance. Anything else that can keep me busy until the subways start running again?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
I may have a short trip to Beijing and Seoul planned for a few days from now. Due to the short nature I'm going to try to keep my sleep schedule close to normal so that would mean sleeping on the flight over and sleeping from about 11am-7pm Beijing time. Is there anything to do in this area late at night? By time I got to the hotel it would be about 9-10pm so by time I start walking around it would be a bit later. I was thinking of walking to Ghost Street since that seems to be one of the few things that is still going late within walking distance. Anything else that can keep me busy until the subways start running again?
Is SLT completely antiseptic now? I honestly don't know because I haven't been there in the past year, but it is much closer to the Hilton than Ghost Street.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Executive tower rooms are nice enough, the lounge - i guess like all EL's - is over-crowded. The better hot food items run out quickly, and the space (on the third floor of an atrium style tower) is without a ceiling, spookily overlooked by the corridors above.

Location probably isn't the best, though the subway/metro stop isn't too far

With no luggage, the rail link to the airport is an easy 15 minute walk.
BLazarus22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.