Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beijing hotel {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2002, 12:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Give yourself lots of time at the airport. Checkin starts 90 minutes before flight time and it is good to be there then. I have barely made flights even when I thought I left lots of time. If you are flying in business or first class you can relax a bit as there is a VIP line.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 1:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
Give yourself lots of time at the airport. Checkin starts 90 minutes before flight time and it is good to be there then. I have barely made flights even when I thought I left lots of time. If you are flying in business or first class you can relax a bit as there is a VIP line.</font>
I saw the VIP line when there a couple of weeks ago - unfortunately no one told me about it! No worries as had lots of time, but would have been nice not to stand in that mess of a line(s).

SimonC

PS: I enjoyed the BJ Hilton ... was treated very well there and would stay there again.

Old Dec 7, 2002, 1:28 am

I will be going to Beijing Hilton in March for sightseeing.
How far is it from sightseeing places like
forbidden city, summer palace, great walls.
Is there a local tour that I can book from the hotel.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 5:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Yes, many tours you can book from all the hotels. Depending on where you go on the wall (there are various locations, three are the best known and most visited), the ride is anywhere from 1-2 hours, less if you go by private car.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 6:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by myip:
I will be going to Beijing Hilton in March for sightseeing.
How far is it from sightseeing places like
forbidden city, summer palace, great walls.
Is there a local tour that I can book from the hotel.
</font>
Taking a taxi from the Hilton to the Forbidden City was about 20-30 minutes if I recall correctly. As for the Great Wall and Tombs I took a tour from the hotel - it was a full day tour but I found it personally well worth it. They have 2-3 tours you can book from the Hilton and then I would assume (but did not check) that the Kempinski Hotel ( a couple of blocks away - 5 min on foot ) would also have other tours.

PS: Taxis were very cheap - just make sure you get an estimate from the hotel desk otherwise you may be in for a shock if they do no turn on the meter!

SimonC

[This message has been edited by SimonC (edited 12-07-2002).]
Old Dec 7, 2002, 7:48 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Just had a very good 1 night stay here ...

Arrived lateish i.e. 9pm at the hotel.

My room had been "upgraded to Deluxe double before arrival. As it was not on the exec floor, I asked if this room was "better" than a std. Exec floor room, and was advised "uhhh, Yes" (!)
(I didn't check in at the Exec lounge - couldn't be bothered !)
On arrival in the room, I was pleasantly surprised - bottle of Sparkling wine, nice box of chocs & white roses awaited me !
Good sized corner room with balcony. Decor was fine, if a little "tired". Was on 16th floor, and view was as good as it could be from that location ...
All facilities worked perfectly, including internet access thru hotel network for 10c per min - pretty OK rate ...
Wiliam on Exec lounge reception on floor 22 was very helpful. I went up @ 0950 just to have a look at the (small) lounge.
He was back there in the morning, when I went down for breakfast, and gave me a very warm welcome.
Excellent selection of items to eat, and the standard of all the food was excellent - I would say that it was the most tasty breakfast I have ever had in all my years in Hiltons (and others) worldwide !!! Selection was both Western & Chinese food.
On departure, I was presented with the leatherette room key holder as a gift - a nice touch - could be used for business card holder.
All in all, a very brief (&lt;12 hour) stay, but very satisfactory, given the mixed reports here. I would certainly return again !!
Old Dec 8, 2002, 10:44 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by linda85003:
Thanks for the information. It looks like the St. Regis for Beijing and maybe the Hilton in Shanghai. Thanks everyone.</font>

I would disagree on the PEK St. Regis. I thought it was an over-priced rip-off. While the rooms & decor (including staff uniforms et al) was what you'd expect from a Luxury 5* hotel; the staff were severely lacking in 'Willingness to serve' mentality.

As such I presonally prefer the Great Wall Sheraton. I'll try the Hyatt or Palace next time.

Regards,
Alex
Old Dec 8, 2002, 12:54 pm

Sorry, but I need to ask a "side" question.

I have just booked two nights at the Grand Hotel Beijing (a member of the Leading Hotels of the World). Just curious if anybody have any knowledge to this hotel.

I have seen the Palace been mentioned a number of times now... The Palace os also a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. Is this proporty the best in Beijing?
Old Dec 9, 2002, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Palace is a VERY VERY poor hotel. Go for the St. Regis.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:56 pm
Original Member

Just a note for those who get access to Executive Floors at Beijing Hilton, these are the benefits:

- complimentary cooked breakfast 7-11 AM
- all day complimentary snacks and refreshments (open 6:30 to 23:00 daily)
- complimentary admission to health club on 4th floor
- complimentary use of=o a small meeting room for 2 hours
- pressing of one garment per day free
- business services at the clubroom
- limo service (for a fee)

Continue to get great service. Always upgraded to suite or large corner room. Huge bowl of fruit (mango, pineapple, apple, pear, bananas, dragonfruit), deluxe chocolates, sparkling wine from Italy, soft slippers (not like on other floors) etc.

Very friendly staff and front desk manager regularly comes out to greet me by name and check on me later. Two papers a day slid under my door . . .

Very good value.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Also stayed there this past August. Nothing but good things to say. Very affordable for that level of service. Asian countries are way more service oriented because of the cheaper cost of labor. Executive lounge was on par with others. Had lobster at the restaurant in the hotel twice a day for 3 days. Their lobsters were as big as my arm. They took one lobster for the 2 of us and made baked lobster, lobster frid rice, lobster soup and lobster filet. One of the only times that we were not able to finish a lobster dinner. Highly recommend.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 3:31 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I just got back from a stay at the Beijing Hilton. I was upgraded to an executive room (24th floor). The room was nice enough and they provided the bottle of wine and fruit in the room (missed the chocolates if they had them!) The breakfast wasn't anything special (included in the room rate) but they had a good mix of western and Asian dishes. The hotel is within walking distance of the Lufthansa center and Hard Rock cafe, but definitely out of the way for tourist spots. It's two miles to the closest subway stop and getting to Tianmen square in the morning took closer to an hour by taxi (due to snow); though it only cost about $4 for the trip. And I must say, their restaurant some of the best dimsum I have ever had, unlimited dimsum for lunch at 68Yuan ($8).

I also spent one night at the Shanghai Hilton; this is more conveniently located as it's a 5 minute walk to a metro stop. The executive lounge is huge compared to most and located on the 37th floor. Wonderfully soft robes and they provided a stuffed panda in the room (which went missing into my carryon).

[This message has been edited by hauteboy (edited 03-17-2003).]
Old Mar 17, 2003, 5:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
The Palace is a VERY VERY poor hotel. Go for the St. Regis.</font>
What about the Marco Polo? Is that any good as I'm boked in there for the summer.

Old Mar 17, 2003, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Stayed at the Beijing Hilton last August. Great service. If you stay there, you have to eat the lobster at the chinese restaurant.
You choose your lobster(huge). Then they make like 5 dishes from it. It was first time in Beijing so I don't have any other hotels to compare it to but I was very satisfied.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 3:16 pm
Original Member

Booking Bonus for Beijing; Elsewhere too?

Just looking at my second booking bonus in a couple of weeks at Beijing Hilton.

I can't find any reference to this MEAP booking bonus promotion. Anyone have the scoop so I can plan for it? Nice little surprise anyway.

Bonus Name HHonors Points +Partner Miles
AC Double Dip 0 500
Base Points 1,328 0
DIAMOND VIP - 2003 664 0
VISA MID-YEAR 2003 1,328 0
MEAP BOOKING BONUS 500 0
TOTAL POINTS FOR THIS STAY 3,820

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels (1 MB!)
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.