Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

A ha moment!: Guidance says "Upgraded room/amenities", not the rest of the details

A ha moment!: Guidance says "Upgraded room/amenities", not the rest of the details

Old Aug 1, 04, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Spent the past week at the Las Cruces, New Mexico Hilton - a mixed experience, more below.

What was memorable was seeing the HHonors poster behind the desk (my computer wasn't networking well and they let me use their computer early AMs; they are "a full service hotel" but don't have a business center.) The HHonors poster described the bennies for types of HHonors reward levels, but no where near the detail as on the HHonors site. For Gold and Diamond upgrades, it just said "Upgraded room/amenities".

Not sure there are any upgraded rooms at this property; just rooms on higher floors, probably with a better view, but you wouldn't get an Exec or Tower room -anywhere- if this HHonors information poster is the one distributed and used by staff at the Hilton properties.

More on Las Cruces Hilton: Great southwestern decor in the lobby, OK room on the 6th floor, just a king room with a desk, but aided and abetted by friendly staff in the dining room most of the time. (Great view from the restaurunt for sunrises and sunsets, but dinner one night took over 2 hours for unexplained reasons.) However, one of my folks had a a personal item removed from the room the first day and no replacement offer was made - and the mgmt didn't seem very concerned or customer-oriented about the matter. Her room also didn't get cleaned one day and the first floor rooms are very noisy most nights with the college crowd in the bar at nights.
Old Aug 2, 04, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
Poster is Required in all Hilton Brand Back Offices

Yep, it is required, and is very colorful with pictures of all the different HHonors Cards and Airline logos . It really helps when one isn't familiar with all the airlines that participate in HHonors or what the heck exactly is a Meeting Planner Gold VIP..all burning questions for the front desk . I worked the front desk of a Hampton right after Hilton bought Promus Hotels (the main brand Hilton wanted to compete with Marriott btw) and all front desk workers are required to be familiar with the basic aspects of HHonors and must watch DVD's on the program. All the hotels have a HUGE binder with the fine print of all HHonors rules...so never fear, the hotel will find an answer to your question eventually should you have one.

It is sooo important to keep your profile up to date. From my friends still at the Hampton, I have learned that soon the front desk will be able to adjust certain aspects of your profile (up to now they could not make any changes). I don't know when they will have that ability, but it is coming.

Last edited by NJRob; Aug 2, 04 at 11:47 am
Old Aug 2, 04, 11:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
NJRob,

Thanks! ^ That is all very interesting information! It's also interesting to hear a perspective from "the other side of the desk."
Old Aug 25, 04, 8:22 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drtravel
Spent the past week at the Las Cruces, New Mexico Hilton -
More on Las Cruces Hilton: Great southwestern decor in the lobby, OK room on the 6th floor, just a king room with a desk, but aided and abetted by friendly staff in the dining room most of the time. (Great view from the restaurunt for sunrises and sunsets, but dinner one night took over 2 hours for unexplained reasons.) However, one of my folks had a a personal item removed from the room the first day and no replacement offer was made - and the mgmt didn't seem very concerned or customer-oriented about the matter. Her room also didn't get cleaned one day and the first floor rooms are very noisy most nights with the college crowd in the bar at nights.

I'm heading to Las Cruces next week (HHonor Gold), did they give your breakfast certificates inasmuch as they did not have a lounge?
Old Aug 25, 04, 6:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
I'm heading to Las Cruces next week (HHonor Gold), did they give your breakfast certificates inasmuch as they did not have a lounge?
I was there back in May and was given breakfast coupons for one of the restaurants on the lobby level. I didn't use them and wasn't really paying attention when the clerk told me about them, but I think it was for the restaurant at the far end of the lobby.

Also got a nice upgrade to a jacuzzi room that had a sort of faded 70's charm about it (nice jacuzzi though).
Old Aug 25, 04, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, AC MM
NJRob wrote: "All the hotels have a huge binder with the details of the Hhonors program...".

I had a funny experience last year when I stayed at a newly-opened Hampton, and the front desk staff were still learning how the Hhonors program worked. I am Diamond, and I asked if I could get an upgraded room. They were not sure if this should be done or not, so they dug up the rather fat booklet (about 100 pages) that explains to the front desk clerks how the Hhonors program worked. After we all looked through the book, and found the answer (yes, I should be given a nicer room if one is available), the youngest kid at the desk looked at my Diamond card, and gave me a copy of the staff instruction book to keep - his comment was "If you have to stay in hotels so many nights each year, they should at least give YOU a copy of this book."

I thought that was a nice thought on his part. I still have the book.

Max Power.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: