Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Mission Valley {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Appreciate all the updated posts.

I was going to book this property next week to try out since it is near my client in La Jolla.

Have now removed it from the list of prospects--will try out the Hilton Torrey Pines instead.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Any recent stays at this property to share?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyP:16514244
Considering a mattress run here before end of year. Is street parking still allowed?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by mr27
Is street parking still allowed?
It was 2 months ago...very easy...just outside the hotel on a quiert str. with very little traffic...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR:17688384
It was 2 months ago...very easy...just outside the hotel on a quiert str. with very little traffic...
Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Hilton San Diego -Mission Valley - Great Deal on Groupon

Yeah I know it isn't the best San Diego Hilton property, but starting @$99 per night this seems like a pretty good deal so I thought I would pass it on-

This is a pretty central location for the Zoo and Sea World. Could be a good base for Spring Break.

One- or Two-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room with One Appetizer, Two Drinks, and WiFi. Up to Two Kids Stay Free.

Book by: 11/23/12
Travel window: 10/12/12–3/30/13

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-hilt...&c=deal_button
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: A few
I'm sorry - Im not sure if this is the greatest deal. I stayed in SD and Oceanside this past spring at the hampton inn (both places) for around $79 via mvp hhonors. I am leery of groupon to begin with.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by eyezon
I'm sorry - Im not sure if this is the greatest deal. I stayed in SD and Oceanside this past spring at the hampton inn (both places) for around $79 via mvp hhonors. I am leery of groupon to begin with.
Hampton Inn vs Hilton...can be quite a difference.

So you wouldn't spend $20 more to stay at a Hilton over a Hampton Inn?

I think the price for the property is pretty good.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Considering a mattress run here before end of year. Is street parking still allowed?
since this was asked back in 12/11 I thought Id ask again to make sure, its still an option. My flight in Dec was CXed and now Im on a late morning flight was going to stay at a Hil by the airport but this pace is now $20 cheaper but thats only if I can park w/o having to pay.

Looking to arrive 12/25 at night and leave apx 9am will I have to feed a meter in the morn? if yes what time does it start from? tia
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
My wedding party stayed here for my wedding in April, what would you like to know?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Found street parking for $0 yet a bunch of people checking in before I did all paid for self-parking $16+ a night Ouch!

Becareful as from the Arco till just past the car dealership theres a RED Curb = no parking. Then it was full by the LaQuinta so I parked right after that in front of the Comfort Suites and walked the few mins back up the road to the Hilton

I had just my cary-on rollerboard, anything more it pays to pull up and drop off your bags then go park

Last edited by craz; Dec 26, 2012 at 12:29 pm
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
From my stay last month.

Check In: Very friendly check in agent. There was quite a line but it was right at check in time but they seemed busy most of the time. All of the people I dealt with were friendly.

Room: I didnt really get anything special as far as room is concerned as a Diamond. At least it didnt feel special. The first room was a connecting room and I could hear the people in the next room like they were in the same room. I am not that sensative at all either about noise. The phone and internet connection did not work and there was a DSL connection device sitting on the desk. It was like the room wasnt ready for prime time. The front desk person switched me to a quieter room. Apparently the complaint about noise is a common one based on the reaction. Most people seemed to complain about road noise but that never bothers me but listening to other folks talking all the time is annoying to me. The room itself is nothing spectacular. It is old school Hilton style and while kept clean it is very dated.

Parking: Parking is way to high at the hotel so I parked on the street. I was always able to find parking on the street but it was challenging at times. The area seems completely safe.

Location: Within walking distance there are a couple of restaurants nearby, Japanese and a coffee shop type place. There is a large shopping mall across the highway and it would be walkable but a long walk I think. It has very good access to the highway also.

Dining: Had breakfast each morning at the hotel and service was excellent each morning. The food choices werent great but the quality was very good I though. I also had dinner one evening and found service to be not as good as it was in the morning. The people working didnt seem to be on top of things and could really care less. Maybe just a bad night. The food was good though.

Conclusion: I doubt I will stay here again unless I get a really really good rate. The parking is a bit of a pain and the Doubletree not to far way looks much nicer than this property.

Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:40 pm

Thanks for the TR and pics mcgahat ^. I agree that the DT at Hazard Center is a better
option.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by mcgahat
From my stay last month.

Check In: Very friendly check in agent. There was quite a line but it was right at check in time but they seemed busy most of the time. All of the people I dealt with were friendly.

Room: I didnt really get anything special as far as room is concerned as a Diamond. At least it didnt feel special. The first room was a connecting room and I could hear the people in the next room like they were in the same room. I am not that sensative at all either about noise. The phone and internet connection did not work and there was a DSL connection device sitting on the desk. It was like the room wasnt ready for prime time. The front desk person switched me to a quieter room. Apparently the complaint about noise is a common one based on the reaction. Most people seemed to complain about road noise but that never bothers me but listening to other folks talking all the time is annoying to me. The room itself is nothing spectacular. It is old school Hilton style and while kept clean it is very dated.

Parking: Parking is way to high at the hotel so I parked on the street. I was always able to find parking on the street but it was challenging at times. The area seems completely safe.

Location: Within walking distance there are a couple of restaurants nearby, Japanese and a coffee shop type place. There is a large shopping mall across the highway and it would be walkable but a long walk I think. It has very good access to the highway also.

Dining: Had breakfast each morning at the hotel and service was excellent each morning. The food choices werent great but the quality was very good I though. I also had dinner one evening and found service to be not as good as it was in the morning. The people working didnt seem to be on top of things and could really care less. Maybe just a bad night. The food was good though.

Conclusion: I doubt I will stay here again unless I get a really really good rate. The parking is a bit of a pain and the Doubletree not to far way looks much nicer than this property.
I'm pretty sure I have stayed in that exact room!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:35 pm

I booked a stay for a family member here recently. They informed me that
upon check-in a large employee union rally was being held in the lobby.
They were told the property will be under new management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.