Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Los Angeles - International Airport/South {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Los Angeles - International Airport/South {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2002, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Embassy Suites Los Angeles - International Airport/South {US-CA}

From an e-mail received today:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Suite Spring Savings in Los Angeles
Looking for a great deal in April or May? Then take advantage of Suite Spring Savings for a special rate of $99 on the weekend (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) at the Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South. Offer Valid April 1 - May 31, 2002. Rate of $159 available for Monday through Thursday. Book promotion code SSS by calling 1-800-EMBASSY.</font>
Old Apr 15, 2002, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Do you know if this is for ES LAX South? North? or both?
Old Apr 15, 2002, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Please read carefully...it says South.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-International Airport South

Have a reservation there in a couple months...any opinions on this facility?
Old Jan 30, 2003, 6:56 pm

Stayed there in August - they were doing TONS of renevations. It was okay - not as nice as most other ES.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 1:04 pm

If you can, get a reservation for the North property.

I like this one a lot better!!! The complete hotel is heads above the South location, IMHO.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 6:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
I've had mixed experiences at this hotel.

Mostly bad, though.

One was a December stay in a room that was uncontrollably hot. Management did nothing about it. The windows didn't open...in fact the wnidows faced south, and were basically tinned over....so not only could you not open them, but you couldn't see through them either.

Another time, there was a large high school group staying thre....kids 14-17 were carousing most of the night through the lobby and hallways making noise, and again, management did nothing to quiet it or control them.

Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the other hotels at LAX.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jim90068:
I've had mixed experiences at this hotel.

Mostly bad, though.

One was a December stay in a room that was uncontrollably hot. Management did nothing about it. The windows didn't open...in fact the wnidows faced south, and were basically tinned over....so not only could you not open them, but you couldn't see through them either.
</font>
This property used to be a "Crown Sterling Suites" before the chain was bought out by Embassy Suites. When they still where Crown Sterling, this property delivered a lot of value for the dollar. At rates between $89 and $109 per night, including free drinks in the evening and a full breakfast as well as free parking, it was quite a steal. When ES took them over, everything went downhill. Unfriendly and incompetent staff, prices twice as high as before, a $ 6 charge for parking - you get the picture. I went from about 20 room nights per year to ZERO at this property.

Some more coments: if you get a room facing south, you will have an "opaqued" window, through which you cannot see anything. If you try to open that window/balcony door, an alarm will sound. While I understand that this is due to some city ordinance, it can be quite claustrophobic. Most king suites are to the south. To the north, airport noise will be quite formidable. You are right across the street from LAX airfield. To the east (few rooms) there is the cargo and bus loading ramp to generate a lot of noise. To the west (even fewer rooms) you should be OK.

The shuttle service is a disgrace. On the last five stays, I waited no less than 20 minutes and up to 40 minutes at the airport for their shuttle. The management did not seem to mind.

Rooms are spacious, but quite old now with only marginal renovations. The "air conditioning" system is an ancient, two-pipe centralized system which can only heat OR cool, as set by hotel engeneering. If you are out of luck, neither is available. Let´s assume you have a room above the swiming pool (HOT) and the temperature outside is 70 degrees - the system will be on neutral and no cool air is available. If you are on the south side, too, you cannot even open a window!

While this property was a good deal during Crown Sterling days (I even had a negotiated rate of $69 from 1993 to 1995) I would just stay away at the current rates.

Old Feb 2, 2003, 5:40 pm

I happened to stay there last week and my experience was quite good. Airport shuttle arrived within minutes. Room was nicely decorated and, if memory serves, I had total of 3 sinks per suite. Yard inside the building was impressive (lush plants & small pond with live gold-fishes, turtles and ducks). Cooked to order breakfast was good also and points posted in the matter of days.
As a downside desk staff was somewhat apathetic and "internet machine" in lobby (far cry from computer) was inconvenient to use. And the window in bedroom was opaque and it was illegal to open it (regulations of City of El Segundo).
It was my first stay at Embassy Suites and I am not expert on this matter, but I would give 8 points out of 10 to this hotel.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 4:49 pm

Embassy Suites Hotel Los Angeles-International Airport South

It has been a long time since I have visited the ES LAX South. I briefly remember some available street parking. As I will only be staying there one night, and their parking is $16/night, I was wondering if anyone knows if the overnight street parking is still available.

Thanks,

Randomman
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In that area, I'd just as soon pay the bucks and feel my car is a bit safer. May be safer than ES LAX N, but still...

Originally Posted by randomman
It has been a long time since I have visited the ES LAX South. I briefly remember some available street parking. As I will only be staying there one night, and their parking is $16/night, I was wondering if anyone knows if the overnight street parking is still available.

Thanks,

Randomman
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
You will most likely be able to find street parking.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:39 pm

Embassy Suites LAX South

Forgive a HH board virgin but was looking for info on the subject line hotel, namely;

- What might be the best way to get to the hotel from LAX with wife and baby in tow - a hotel shuttle would be good but is there one?
- What might be the best communication method with the hotel to book a crib? (I'm in New Zealand.)
- Does anyone have any suggestions re room preference?
- Is this a nice property?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Any hotel with "LAX" in the name will have shuttle service (and the Embassy Suites website confirms this).
http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/h...tyhocn=LAXESES

Not sure if you can use Internet chat to voice call relay services like Sprint's from New Zealand (http://www.sprintrelayonline.com/). I use IP-calling for all my International calls ($0.029 per minute almost anywhere in the world).

Last edited by dbuckho; Mar 15, 2005 at 8:47 pm
Old May 22, 2005, 8:28 pm

Any recent stays at the ES LAX South? Any comments on the gym? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.