Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Zealand {NZL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New Zealand {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:55 pm

I had a similar experience at this hotel. I booked a points plus cash rate for 3 nights at this hotel and was upgraded to a Lake Wakatipu suite. The views were amazing!
On the breakfast .... I was not that impressed although it was good. I am not a big fan of the Park Hyatt sydney breakfast either. My all time favorite has been the Conrad Singapore @ Oscars but I am sure others will have a different opinion.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Currently staying at Hilton Queenstown on points. Upgraded to a Relaxation Room, which is a two level room with a fireplace and couch and chair on the lower level, bed and fancy bathroom on upper level. I believe this would be a junior suite elsewhere.

The great thing about the room is a hot tub on the patio, overlooking the lake. Very nice.

Continental breakfast, which is extensive, is free. An upgrade to hot breakfast is $10 pp.

Driving the car to town, which takes 10 minutes, versus the water taxi, which leaves the hotel once an hour for $15 round trip per person. You can park in town near the tram that takes you to the top of the mountain for $2.50 all day, or park for 4 hours for free at the tram on the street.

Very friendly and enthusiastic staff, even the person to clean my room greeted me by name.

The hotel definitely makes you feel special.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:29 pm

trying to decide which hotel to stay in for 3 nights in jan as a HHonors Gold. The Hilton is about 50 NZD more a night.

im wondering about upgrade potential and breakfast for a gold at the hotel kawarau. is breakfast included for golds? also someone on tripadvisor wrote no wifi at kawarau (have to go to hilton to use it in biz center), which i dont love. wondering if that's been fixed. also can you use pool and gym @ hilton if staying at kawarau?

thanks for any help
r
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:24 am

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by rgm18
trying to decide which hotel to stay in for 3 nights in jan as a HHonors Gold. The Hilton is about 50 NZD more a night.

im wondering about upgrade potential and breakfast for a gold at the hotel kawarau. is breakfast included for golds? also someone on tripadvisor wrote no wifi at kawarau (have to go to hilton to use it in biz center), which i dont love. wondering if that's been fixed. also can you use pool and gym @ hilton if staying at kawarau?

thanks for any help
r
Stayed back in August at the Kawarau and had a real great stay. Thought to have reported on FT but can only find my input on Tripadvisor. The hotels share services , staff, restaurants, spa , etc with the Kawarau adjacent but more on the inside in the complex, probably with a less nicer view. All Kawarau rooms have a small kitchenette, some have a small balcony and some a nice lake & mountain view . Wifi was working fine when I was there. Breakfast was very good (the best of all HH locations in NZ ) in the same lake view restaurant for both Hilton and the Kawarau. Cannot really recommend one hotel over the other, but only suggest to book a lake-view room and have breakfast included in the rate or as a selected benefit.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:50 pm

i noticed they charge for parking. does anyone know if street parking is available?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by cmkest
i noticed they charge for parking. does anyone know if street parking is available?
No it's not. The hotels are in their own "street" with no longterm (ie >60 mins) parking available. You could park at the top of the hill I guess but that would be a longish walk down, and especially back up.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: qfc, airnz,united, hilt,apec, avis pp
Parking

Stayed there 1 week ago - HH blue - car parking if you parked it yourself was free in underground park 100m away. or $10.00/nt for valet parking.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

How much for a taxi to the hotel from the airport?
Thanks all
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
It's less than 1km so not a lot. $5?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
It's less than 1km so not a lot. $5?
Sweet! Many thanks!
That's refreshing after 65 dollars to the hotel from Melbourne AU airport yesterday
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:22 pm
Suspended

It's actually a pleasant walk if you don't have bags...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
It's actually a pleasant walk if you don't have bags...
Wow it really must be close!
I'm afraid being gone for a month I've got to much stuff
Good to know though in case one can't get a taxi
I'll be surprised if I don't hear planes overhead!
Old May 7, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
In case it's of use, I've documented my recent stay at the Hilton Queenstown, here:

http://invol-upgrade.com/hotels/hilt...-hotel-review/

In summary, it's a nice property, in a slightly inconvenient location. A few disappointing issues left a slightly sour taste in the mounth, like a 1.5% credit card fee (on an Advance Purchase rate that should've already been charged anyway), a 15% public holiday food surcharge, refusal of a 1pm checkout as a Gold, etc.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
In case it's of use, I've documented my recent stay at the Hilton Queenstown, here:

http://invol-upgrade.com/hotels/hilt...-hotel-review/

In summary, it's a nice property, in a slightly inconvenient location. A few disappointing issues left a slightly sour taste in the mounth, like a 1.5% credit card fee (on an Advance Purchase rate that should've already been charged anyway), a 15% public holiday food surcharge, refusal of a 1pm checkout as a Gold, etc.
The public holiday surcharge is nz law .. They care of workers that have to work on holidays It's not a hilton issue as is the. Cc surcharge which is allowed by law.

We also encountered the only cold food for breakfast issue in the Hilton in lake taupo. It really is ridiculous and causes more bad customer feelings than the few eggs that might be eaten.

We have been to new Zealand a half a dozen times and queens town despite its beauty is our least favorite place Too much buzz and hype. There is a beautiful new Zealand to see outside of any of it's cities.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Stayed here for four days last week in a Lake Wakatipu Suite. Really appreciated the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the location of this hotel but only ten minutes away from busy Queenstown on the water taxi. We did not encounter "the breakfast issue" but maybe because of HH Gold status. Staff were friendly and efficient and the food in the Wakatipu Grill was very good. It was relatively cold at night, so sitting by the fireplace enjoying an after dinner pinot was wonderful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.