Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks for the info. Did you guys ask at the front desk or played dumb?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Thanks for the info. Did you guys ask at the front desk or played dumb?
I've travelled with both kids all over the world and have never been asked to pay extra for them. We are open when we go to breakfast and state that we are 4 people. Ive always been prepared to pay if required but it has yet to be questioned either at breakfast or the front desk.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:09 am

Ok thanks.

Mis the executive lounge at Hilton Singapore and Conrad Singapore worth paying extra for?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Bentley Miami Beach charged for a third person when we stayed in a 2 room suite (for which we paid, not an upgrade, for three adults). They said they could give a free cup of coffee to the third adult, though.

never tried elsewhere. As we book two rooms with two (different) diamond members booking.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Ok thanks.

Mis the executive lounge at Hilton Singapore and Conrad Singapore worth paying extra for?
no not really. Assuming you have to pay for 2 adults, the same amount of $$ can get you decent meals outside of the hotel.

But it if you want to experience the lounge and the facilities, then go for it.

In on my experience, you’re not missing out much. And especially now that conrad Singapore lounge is temporarily shifted from 31st to 4th floor due to renovations.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by RCTP

no not really. Assuming you have to pay for 2 adults, the same amount of $$ can get you decent meals outside of the hotel.

But it if you want to experience the lounge and the facilities, then go for it.

In on my experience, you’re not missing out much. And especially now that conrad Singapore lounge is temporarily shifted from 31st to 4th floor due to renovations.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:58 pm

Not had a problem for a family of 3. Then again, Hilton policy is that those under 18 stay free. Although that line is BS at the London Doubletree Victoria. Even in Tokyo, free breakfast upgrade for 3.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:28 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by andset1191
Bentley Miami Beach charged for a third person when we stayed in a 2 room suite (for which we paid, not an upgrade, for three adults). They said they could give a free cup of coffee to the third adult, though.
I think there is a big difference in how a party of 3 would be treated where the third person is a child versus an adult.

My only experience with 3 adults is in the Conrad Macau where restaurant breakfast would have been chargeable for the 3rd person, but lounge access was granted to all; however they said this was not a rule and depended on how full the lounge was expected to be.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by andset1191
Bentley Miami Beach...
As irrelevant to Singapore as one can get. Night and day, different universes when it comes to hospitality.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Which Singapore Hotel on points?

I'm planning a trip later in the year. I see the HGI is 20k per night and the Hilton and Conrad both 60,000. It will be a four or five night trip. I'm currently Gold and probably will be Diamond by then. I've stayed in the Hilton before and was very happy with it. Any views/issues/criteria to take into account would be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I would decide based on my plan. If I'm planning to live the city, sightseeing, eat out, I would consider the HGI; while if the plan is to spend time in the hotel, I would pick Hilton or Conrad.
I have been once at the HGI and I've been happy with the hotel and location, close to the MRT. But obviously it is not a Conrad, no lounge etc.
Also remember that staying 5 nights on points with Hilton means you'll get the 5th night free.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:00 pm

If a priority is lounge access, seems like the best benefit as a Diamond at that time would be at the Hilton...not sure which hotel if you will still be gold
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
5 nights is too long in Singapore. 3 nights is more than sufficient.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:45 am
jxd

Wouldn't suggest the HGI if you'e using points. Cash is a better option.

I would go for the Conrad over hilton if using points. Newly refurbed as well.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've booked HGI on points for 3 nights. I'll be there in 2 weeks and the plan is to go out, eat and see some stuff. I've also considered Conrad, but couldn't justify the points for the stay, and I'm not planning on spending much time in the hotel.
As for the HGI using cash, for the dates where I've looked, the lowest rate was $150US per night. Not worth spending that much cash. With taxes and everything, it's over $500US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.