Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:08 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
I have a question concerning noise levels. I have stayed several times at the Conrad Singapore and although I love the hotel, I find that there is significant constant general noise from outside. Any thoughts concerning the noise level at the Hilton?
Both hotels are by busy streets. It all depends on how of a floor your room is on and where it faces. I have stayed at both (more times at the Hilton) and never found the noise level to be annoying. Then again I usually request a high floor.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Have stayed at both Hilton and Singapore and never seem to have noise issues. But I'm always booked into higher floors.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Last time I was at the Hilton there was more disturbance coming through the thin and cheap room door from housekeeping in the corridor than from outside!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:01 pm

We just stayed at the Hilton on Orchard Rd recently. No issues whatsoever with the noise. I posted a review on another thread. It's a great property esp if you have access to EL, and a lot of good food/shopping within walking distance.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Many thanks!!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:43 pm

Stayed at both hotels many times - at the Hilton it has almost always been a room facing the rear of the hotel (I think overlooing the Four Seasons) and it has always been very quiet. At the Conrad, I recollect sometimes hearing the noise of fast cars revving up - but always very late at night (2AM and later), even though I always stay at floor 30 and above
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:46 am

Hotel Review: Hilton Singapore

Stay at the Conrad. It is leaps and bounds better.
http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointhig...lton-Singapore
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: HHonors (D), SPG (P), Marriott (P)
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
This is the worst hotel i've seen in Singapore.

Would not pay more than $200 for this.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Thanks for the review. The Conrad does sound a lot better. The EL at the Hilton looks embarassing
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zala
This is the worst hotel i've seen in Singapore.

Would not pay more than $200 for this.
You haven't seen the worst yet if this was so. HGI is coming up, at 200 pops a night.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Pity Hilton is not doing more in Singapore. I find both the Hilton & Conrad Singapore to be mediocre hotels for the price, especially their dated rooms.

With all the new buildings coming up, and steady amount of travelers, Hilton's missing an opportunity to make a statement. SPG & Accor on the other hand seem to be thriving there, not to mention the local brands.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Skymiles
Hilton Singapore or Conrad?

Planning a 6 day trip to Singapore for Leisure have lots of Hilton points to burn any recommendations on which hotel to pick?
forgot to mention traveling around Christmas & New Years

Last edited by SFOFlyer2; Jul 5, 2017 at 10:32 pm Reason: Added dates
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:51 pm

The Conrad was a stunning property. The location was great with a mall and many restaurants nearby. The rooms were a bit sparse but adequate. The Gold breakfast had a lot of variety as well. But what set it apart was the service, from check-in to the concierge to the manager to the valets. Everyone went above and beyond.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I didn't like Hilton Singapore last time I was there - lobby felt like a cheap shopping mall.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
The Conrad was a stunning property. The location was great with a mall and many restaurants nearby. The rooms were a bit sparse but adequate. The Gold breakfast had a lot of variety as well. But what set it apart was the service, from check-in to the concierge to the manager to the valets. Everyone went above and beyond.
thanks.. When you say "was" is it not the case anymore?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.