Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Old Jun 13, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by observer
Thanks very much for input.

In an earlier post this month you wrote that "The [Hilton] rooms are indeed a lot better than CCS."

So, all else being equal, and assuming equal numbers of unruly children, which hotel would you prefer? Is one EL much better than the other for breakfast?
Yup, my personal view is that the rooms at Hilton are better as 1)power outlets next to each side of the bed and 2)tv is facing the bed and not to the side. So that's my personal preference but I'll have to admit that CCS is more luxurious.

Hilton is like a Toyota, gets you from point A to point B with no fuss while Conrad is like a Lexus with an in car assistant. Lol.

Due to my current experience, I'll have to switch my preference back to CCS. So yeah no real hard n fast rule. Heh.

Do note that CCS lounge has better offerings than Hilton Singapore (goes without saying I suppose).
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:53 pm

My vote goes to CCS too.
Great breakfast and excellent lounge.
3 breakfast locations to pick from as you are a Diamond.
The restaurant at the lobby level is your best bet though.
CCS is not positioned as a family / vacation hotel and caters to mostly business stays.
I would not worry too much about kids.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by PayItForward
...3 breakfast locations to pick from as you are a Diamond. The restaurant at the lobby level is your best bet though.
I know of the top floor lounge and Oscar's on the ground floor - where is the third breakfast venue?

BTW, tastes differ of course, but I prefer the restaurant breakfast at the Hilton Singapore (especially after the renovation) a great deal over the breakfast at Oscar's / CCS
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hanako
I know of the top floor lounge and Oscar's on the ground floor - where is the third breakfast venue?

BTW, tastes differ of course, but I prefer the restaurant breakfast at the Hilton Singapore (especially after the renovation) a great deal over the breakfast at Oscar's / CCS
There is a lounge adjacent to the pool. I think it's called the business lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by danger
There is a lounge adjacent to the pool. I think it's called the business lounge.
Yes. The floor where the Spa, Pool and Gym is.
Less crowded than Oscar but also lesser variety.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:27 pm

I'm staying at the Conrad in August. My flight arrives at about 3 a.m.

Does anyone have experience getting checked into a room at that hour? I was just planning to hang out in the airport a few hours until the trains start running, then dropping off my stuff and getting breakfast, then walk around until hopefully a room is available but would love to get into my room if possible.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danpeake
I'm staying at the Conrad in August. My flight arrives at about 3 a.m.

Does anyone have experience getting checked into a room at that hour? I was just planning to hang out in the airport a few hours until the trains start running, then dropping off my stuff and getting breakfast, then walk around until hopefully a room is available but would love to get into my room if possible.

Thanks.
If you book the room for that night then you won't have any issue checking in at 4/5am.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by danger
If you book the room for that night then you won't have any issue checking in at 4/5am.
Well, my flight arrives 3 a.m. on the 12th but my booking begins the night of the 12th. You're saying they won't have a problem checking me in that early (~ 12 hours prior to check in)?

I am HHonors Diamond if that matters.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Well, my flight arrives 3 a.m. on the 12th but my booking begins the night of the 12th. You're saying they won't have a problem checking me in that early (~ 12 hours prior to check in)?

I am HHonors Diamond if that matters.

Thanks.
Well, you probably won't be at the hotel at 3 AM. It may be worth emailing the hotel with this request. I was going to be in this situation early 2017 until SQ changed the flight time so it's now no longer an issue.

The closest experience I've had like this with a Hilton was at Hilton Auckland when my wife I arrived at the hotel at 8:00 AM as HH Gold. The room wasn't ready right that moment, but it was ready within 30 minutes. They asked us to have breakfast while we waited.

I arrived at IC Nairobi at 5 AM once and they gave me early checkin on an award stay. When we arrived at the the room (upgraded to a suite for being Plat Ambassador) and it wasn't clean, the manager personally came up to our room and apologized and gave us Club access. That was just ridiculous.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Well, you probably won't be at the hotel at 3 AM. It may be worth emailing the hotel with this request. I was going to be in this situation early 2017 until SQ changed the flight time so it's now no longer an issue.

The closest experience I've had like this with a Hilton was at Hilton Auckland when my wife I arrived at the hotel at 8:00 AM as HH Gold. The room wasn't ready right that moment, but it was ready within 30 minutes. They asked us to have breakfast while we waited.

I arrived at IC Nairobi at 5 AM once and they gave me early checkin on an award stay. When we arrived at the the room (upgraded to a suite for being Plat Ambassador) and it wasn't clean, the manager personally came up to our room and apologized and gave us Club access. That was just ridiculous.
Got it thanks.

If anyone has an email for a manager at the hotel, I'd appreciate it.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:18 pm

Planning a stay over a weekend in December and looking for advice between the Hilton and Conrad.

Traveling with spouse and 2 kids (5 & 4).
Award stay on points and free nights from CC
We're diamond.
Does Conrad allow 2 beds instead of a king?
I understand our kids aren't allowed in the Conrad EL but are they allowed in the restaurant downstairs?
We'll be visiting kids attractions mostly.
Certain days I see Hilton award redemptions for a much lower amount of points so it's tempting.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by doesun
Planning a stay over a weekend in December and looking for advice between the Hilton and Conrad.

Traveling with spouse and 2 kids (5 & 4).
Award stay on points and free nights from CC
We're diamond.
Does Conrad allow 2 beds instead of a king?
I understand our kids aren't allowed in the Conrad EL but are they allowed in the restaurant downstairs?
We'll be visiting kids attractions mostly.
Certain days I see Hilton award redemptions for a much lower amount of points so it's tempting.

Any thoughts appreciated.
I'll answer what I know - Conrad offers rooms with 2 queen sized beds.

Children are allowed in the EL, but are requested to stay in a meeting room away from the main area.

I think I read somewhere that Conrad will grant free breakfast for the Diamond member and up to one guest - I'm pretty sure this was on TripAdvisor, where the hotel clarified why a third guest was charged for breakfast.

This summer, we (2 adults and 2 children) had booked a Centennial Suite and due to an oversell, we were offered connecting club rooms instead, one with a king and one with 2 queens. We took breakfast every morning in the restaurant, and on the sign-in sheet, each room indicated 2 guests for breakfast. Had we stayed in the suite, I suspect we may have been charged for 2 kids breakfasts.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Any news on the renovation progress of Hilton ?

Specifically looking at Hilton Exec Rooms which I was told in April would be undergoing a fit-out to include stand-alone shower. And apart from floor level, how do people feel about the Exec Room vs Premium Room ?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
Any news on the renovation progress of Hilton ?

Specifically looking at Hilton Exec Rooms which I was told in April would be undergoing a fit-out to include stand-alone shower. And apart from floor level, how do people feel about the Exec Room vs Premium Room ?
I'll beat the Hilton Singapore next weekend Staying from Friday to the following Monday. I've booked the Executive Plus room. Will let you know my experience when I'm back.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
I have a question concerning noise levels. I have stayed several times at the Conrad Singapore and although I love the hotel, I find that there is significant constant general noise from outside. Any thoughts concerning the noise level at the Hilton?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.