Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 3:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Motion122:
Is there a big convention or holiday the week of the 22-29th? </font>
I don't know, but there must be something because I couldn't get any room at all (for cash, money) at either the Hilton or the Conrad... so I'm going this week instead. I phoned Hilton Reservations and they said even if they could find a room at the Conrad, there would be a 4-day minimum stay.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:22 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Asian Aerospace conference Tue thru Fri at Changi
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Air France F+Rouge, Marriott, Delta Skymiles Gold Med
Smile Hilton Singapore hotel versus Conrad Centennial Singapore

I will go to Singapore in August for business.
Being Diamond member, Please anyone may advise me about hotel to choose, the Hilton or Conrad. I watched the web site, rates are pretty much the same.

Thanks
Damien
Old Jul 3, 2004, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some information for you.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ight=singapore

Welcome to FT.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I still haven't changed my vote for the Conrad, although the Hilton is more centrally located. The Conrad has a much better lounge, with nice views. The food at the Hilton is not as good as the Conrad, and the layout feels cramped with barely a view. Modern, minimalist decor at the Conrad. I liked it, but others might find it sterile. Better uniforms at the Conrad, and of course, the rubber duck.

The Hilton could also use some chairs in the lobby. I suggested this to a few of the employees in the lobby and they looked at me as if they were impotent.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 2:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FT, Damien!

I agree with Kevino. I have been known to break a 3 day stay, and spend the first night at the Hilton and the next two at the Conrad in other to get two stay credits - but as a Diamond, I vastly prefer the comfort and treatment I receive from the Conrad.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:08 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
No doubt about it ----- CONRAD

having stayed at both; the CONRAD is one of the classiest hotels in the Hilton system and my personal choice when in Singapore. Do some search on it and you will find lots of positive comments on this site........
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Conrad Singapore is leagues better than the Hilton Singapore.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:19 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I thoroughly enjoyed the Hilton rooftop pool and prefer it over the Conrad pool. If you want a prostitute they stroll the sidewalk right outside the Hilton. If you don't want prostitutes, then the Hilton location can be a nuisance to walk around at night.

My preference is to stay at the Conrad.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:23 pm

I you are there for a few days then definitely the Conrad. especially as Diamond and being able to have lounge access.
The Hilton is great if you are there for one day and want to shop all day as you can keep bringing things back to the room but then again its only $5 cab fare from the Conrad to Scotts rd.

When the rates are the same Conrad./
If there is a convention and the rates are a lot higher I use my Hilton Diamond Club coupon and stay for $US85 at the Hilton but usually

I aways stay at the Conrad now.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Diamond? Same price? Let me think? Conrad. I'd only stay at the Hilton to get an extra stay.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 9:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Air France F+Rouge, Marriott, Delta Skymiles Gold Med
Thanks everybody to help me for my first experience with Flyertalk. Definitely, I will choose Conrad.

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I you are there for a few days then definitely the Conrad. especially as Diamond and being able to have lounge access.
The Hilton is great if you are there for one day and want to shop all day as you can keep bringing things back to the room but then again its only $5 cab fare from the Conrad to Scotts rd.

When the rates are the same Conrad./
If there is a convention and the rates are a lot higher I use my Hilton Diamond Club coupon and stay for $US85 at the Hilton but usually

I aways stay at the Conrad now.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Conrad is really very nice!
Old Jul 4, 2004, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by satori
I thoroughly enjoyed the Hilton rooftop pool and prefer it over the Conrad pool. If you want a prostitute they stroll the sidewalk right outside the Hilton. If you don't want prostitutes, then the Hilton location can be a nuisance to walk around at night.

My preference is to stay at the Conrad.

Unless you go looking for them, it didn't seem that noticeable (note that I wasn't looking, but did notice!). They are mainly in the clubs inside the mall. Otherwise, the Hilton is at a great location for shopping and food. Singapore is not that big - I reccomend the Conrad hands down as well. That's where I'll be staying this month!
Old Jul 4, 2004, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar
Unless you go looking for them, it didn't seem that noticeable (note that I wasn't looking, but did notice!). They are mainly in the clubs inside the mall. Otherwise, the Hilton is at a great location for shopping and food. Singapore is not that big - I reccomend the Conrad hands down as well. That's where I'll be staying this month!
Across from road from the Hilton, it's impossible to miss. I was sort of shocked to find out that in a place where chewing gum is restricted that prostitution was so openly allowed (at least across from the Hilton Singapore). Who would have thought that the Hilton Singapore and the older Hilton Sao Paulo shared so much in common?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.