Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This hotel has a monthly 'Hilton Honors Appreciation' Event, 2nd Wednesday evening of each month, between 7 and 8 PM in the bar (small side room area to the left as one enters the bar area). All HH members invited, not just gold/diamonds...Decent alcohol choices to self pour (champagne, red/white wine, a few (bottled) beer choices), soft drinks and small nibbles.

Only a few seats put out so arrive early if that is needed/important.

Hotel staff mingle to better get to know the HH guests but it was pleasant and staff are quite nice here. From memory about 5 staff and roughly 10 hotel guests so decent chance to talk to the staff and for them to hear your feedback!

Event was held in Nov. 21, and most recently 9th Feb.

Please do update the wiki if you have other useful info to share regarding the hotel. Thank you!
Print Wikipost

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Oct 21, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Ok……arrived 4pm, digital key arrived to my phone at noon but as FD was clear I got two physical cards and was offered a glass of Prosecco ( I abstained but my lady said it was nice ) .
No upgrade as hotel is full ( this is true I checked ) so I’m in a level entry room on the 2nd floor.

DOUBLE GUEST ROOM - it’s okay, quite large , bit old fashioned but everything appears to work and is clean and tidy, queen size bed ( uk size ) it’s comfy.

BATHROOM- smallish , shower over bath arrangement….. my lady had a bath whilst I was in the spa and said it was fine.

I went for a sauna , pool area was a little noisy as it’s half term but not too bad, sauna is plenty hot enough. ( ice shower to the left ) .
I like this spa …. Straight forward no nonsense does what is says on the tin, no hassle of having to book a slot, no extra cost just friendly service and a decent pool area…..yes it’s not posh or fancy but it works well and the loungers are comfortable.
Changing rooms are small but functional.

Now back in room, we will go to dinner tonight in the restaurant ( booked for 7-30 ) last time I was here I seem to remember Botb and myself complaining about slow service but let’s see how it goes…….Will report back!
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Ok……arrived 4pm, digital key arrived to my phone at noon but as FD was clear I got two physical cards and was offered a glass of Prosecco ( I abstained but my lady said it was nice ) .
No upgrade as hotel is full ( this is true I checked ) so I’m in a level entry room on the 2nd floor.

DOUBLE GUEST ROOM - it’s okay, quite large , bit old fashioned but everything appears to work and is clean and tidy, queen size bed ( uk size ) it’s comfy.

BATHROOM- smallish , shower over bath arrangement….. my lady had a bath whilst I was in the spa and said it was fine.

I went for a sauna , pool area was a little noisy as it’s half term but not too bad, sauna is plenty hot enough. ( ice shower to the left ) .
I like this spa …. Straight forward no nonsense does what is says on the tin, no hassle of having to book a slot, no extra cost just friendly service and a decent pool area…..yes it’s not posh or fancy but it works well and the loungers are comfortable.

Now back in room, we will go to dinner tonight in the restaurant ( booked for 7-30 ) last time I was here I seem to remember Botb and myself complaining about slow service but let’s see how it goes…….Will report back!
Well that was rather pleasant…..
Got to the restaurant/ bar area at 7pm, after a quick drink we are shown to our table in the bar area ( menu all the same ) , service was good this time , order taken , food arrived reasonably promptly considering the whole area was quite busy, I had the smash burger , my lady had Mac and cheese , we both agreed the food was very good and the menu extensive with great choices, I finished with the sticky toffee pudding which was average.
Now having a nightcap before retiring.
In the morning I plan to use the gym before breakfast……Will report back!
Old Oct 22, 2023, 2:03 am

Well that was rather pleasant..
Got to the restaurant/ bar area at 7pm, after a quick drink we are shown to our table in the bar area ( menu all the same ) , service was good this time , order taken , food arrived reasonably promptly considering the whole area was quite busy, I had the smash burger , my lady had Mac and cheese , we both agreed the food was very good and the menu extensive with great choices, I finished with the sticky toffee pudding which was average.
Now having a nightcap before retiring.
In the morning I plan to use the gym before breakfastWill report back!
Slept terrible, walls are really thin on std guest rooms , could clearly hear nextdoor talking and when they used the bathroom it sounded like they was using mine!, folk walking past room was noisy also the pillows are rubbish although bed comfy.
Forgot to mention there is now a coffee station and some fruit by the lift on floor 2 , grabbed a flat white on way to gym , was mediocre.

GYM - cardio part is open 24/7 but the resistance part is other side of pool and not open until 8am on Sundays .kinda odd set up.
Modern equipment and quiet with only myself present.

Now off to breakfast..will report back!
Old Oct 22, 2023, 8:53 am

Slept terrible, walls are really thin on std guest rooms , could clearly hear nextdoor talking and when they used the bathroom it sounded like they was using mine!, folk walking past room was noisy also the pillows are rubbish although bed comfy.
Forgot to mention there is now a coffee station and some fruit by the lift on floor 2 , grabbed a flat white on way to gym , was mediocre.

GYM - cardio part is open 24/7 but the resistance part is other side of pool and not open until 8am on Sundays .kinda odd set up.
Modern equipment and quiet with only myself present.

Now off to breakfast..will report back!
BREAKFAST - very nice, not too busy, nice selection of food .
I only had grapefruit segments and musli but it all looked nice and hot.
Only downside as Ive said before is the coffee is grim.

CHECK OUT - I done this manually as I had a promotion code for dinner in restaurant last night to save 10.. all done swiftly and off we go.

CONCLUSION - I like it here, if staying again I will book a deluxe room rather than hope for an upgrade as they are definitely superior and in a quieter part of the hotel away from lifts , etc.

ROOM NO - 222

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree by Hilton Harrogate Majestic. ( Im here now )
Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A

I went for a sauna , pool area was a little noisy as its half term but not too bad, sauna is plenty hot enough. ( ice shower to the left ) .
I like this spa . Straight forward no nonsense does what is says on the tin, no hassle of having to book a slot, no extra cost just friendly service and a decent pool area..yes its not posh or fancy but it works well and the loungers are comfortable.
Thanks so much for the reviews I always enjoy reading them. It's interesting this property has a spa at all - I guess it just surprised me as it doesn't seem too common except in more expensive properties these days. Good to know.,
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Had my last stay here (for this year, as I stay fairly frequently) earlier this week, nice upgrade to deluxe room on 4th floor and greatly appreciated. Hotel has been very full lately, not sure what has changed, rates are also up compared to previous months/years. Parking generally comped here as diamond but not always.

Sorry I missed you Wizla, I was there the beginning of the week you were but we missed each other by a few days. Glad your stay wasnt bad and food was good. Safe travels everyone.
Sisosig and wizla like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Had my last stay here (for this year, as I stay fairly frequently) earlier this week, nice upgrade to deluxe room on 4th floor and greatly appreciated. Hotel has been very full lately, not sure what has changed, rates are also up compared to previous months/years. Parking generally comped here as diamond but not always.

Sorry I missed you Wizla, I was there the beginning of the week you were but we missed each other by a few days. Glad your stay wasnt bad and food was good. Safe travels everyone.
Thanks mate, yep it was only a brief visit on my way to Harrogate, I noticed prices here have gone up, was fully booked when I stayed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.