Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This hotel has a monthly 'Hilton Honors Appreciation' Event, 2nd Wednesday evening of each month, between 7 and 8 PM in the bar (small side room area to the left as one enters the bar area). All HH members invited, not just gold/diamonds...Decent alcohol choices to self pour (champagne, red/white wine, a few (bottled) beer choices), soft drinks and small nibbles.

Only a few seats put out so arrive early if that is needed/important.

Hotel staff mingle to better get to know the HH guests but it was pleasant and staff are quite nice here. From memory about 5 staff and roughly 10 hotel guests so decent chance to talk to the staff and for them to hear your feedback!

Event was held in Nov. 21, and most recently 9th Feb.

Please do update the wiki if you have other useful info to share regarding the hotel. Thank you!
Print Wikipost

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Haven't posted an update here for some time so thought I'd correct that...

-carpets in most hallways and the restaurant have been replaced so are new. ^

-furniture in the restaurant is also new (replaced in the last few weeks) so very nice. ^

-receive app upgrades as promised around 3 days before each stay (but only one level upgrade)

-had a very nice proper bottle of champagne and (hand) signed by staff Christmas card in the room early Dec. ^

As another poster usually states....next stay here 19th Jan!

A small tip: there's a decent Indian restaurant called Curry Tonight not far away by taxi or car in Castle Donington using the road that carries on past the hotel. Public parking is free there (a few options)...no guarantees in peak tourist seasons....

Safe travels.
Haha, you little tiger!. I really enjoyed my stay here before Xmas, have you tried the spa yet.. its not particularly modern but it works very well.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Iberia Gold
Had a 2 nights stay this week. Asked at checkin about free parking for diamonds but was told it's 5 but no parking charge on the bill.
BotB and wizla like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by AndersG
Had a 2 nights stay this week. Asked at checkin about free parking for diamonds but was told it's 5 but no parking charge on the bill.
Good to hear...this seems very hit and miss here to be honest...I stayed this week and used the app for checking in and out and digital key...but didn't get my receipt automatically so had to request it later and also noted they didn't charge for parking (I stopped at the desk in the evening and gave my registration details) so hoping they noted it and just didn't charge it.

Some other points: They must have done some further hallway renovations (at least on the 3rd floor) as there is new wallpaper and painted surfaces there (and signs aren't installed yet so room numbers just placed beside the rooms...) Looks good and nice to see but it would be far nicer if they'd do the interior of the rooms as well...that hasn't changed. I believe they did the painting and wallpaper work in Jan. as they only had the bottom two floors open for one of my stays back then.

Anyway, a decent stay this week, getting busier again and no-one using masks now (well, except me) staff or guests...and no blue stickers on the doors anymore either...

The towels were nice and new and soft so that was a nice improvement in the room but I note there are no bathrobes or slippers anymore...hopefully those are just being replaced as well?

Staff are mostly great (restaurant/bar staff especially, a bit more hit and miss with front desk staff).

I definitely prefer rooms that are even numbered and on the side with rooms x24 to x34 as they face the internal car park and not the motorways on either side, so are quite a bit quieter.

Safe travels everyone. Next stop: back here next week...

wizla likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:04 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

I've created a wiki for this hotel and put the update about the monthly HH appreciation evening there...worth considering staying here on second Wed. nights of a month if you are flexible as that is when you can talk to staff and enjoy a few drinks free of charge (as no lounge here).

Re: renovation works; The staff member I talked to mentioned they are doing the public areas first and then plan to update the rooms as well...that will be nice and glad to hear it. No timelines though.

I'm running a bit of an experiment regarding checking out via the app...as one doesn't get charged for parking then...even if you do stop the evening before and provide the car registration details...so will see if a fine comes my way or not but twice now I've checked out online via app and not been charged so time will tell (expensive mistake if I do get caught out but as I stay here quite regularly...thought it worth a punt). I'll post updates as time tells...

Bathrobes and slippers were back in the rooms so might have simply been a supplier issue during my previous stay.

Safe travels.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
I've created a wiki for this hotel and put the update about the monthly HH appreciation evening there...worth considering staying here on second Wed. nights of a month if you are flexible as that is when you can talk to staff and enjoy a few drinks free of charge (as no lounge here).

Re: renovation works; The staff member I talked to mentioned they are doing the public areas first and then plan to update the rooms as well...that will be nice and glad to hear it. No timelines though.

I'm running a bit of an experiment regarding checking out via the app...as one doesn't get charged for parking then...even if you do stop the evening before and provide the car registration details...so will see if a fine comes my way or not but twice now I've checked out online via app and not been charged so time will tell (expensive mistake if I do get caught out but as I stay here quite regularly...thought it worth a punt). I'll post updates as time tells...

Bathrobes and slippers were back in the rooms so might have simply been a supplier issue during my previous stay.

Safe travels.
Enjoying the updates here mate, I will definitely stay again sometime soon, I particularly liked it here, nice vibe!
BotB likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:34 pm

Here tonight, did OLCI, hotel is nearly full, good to see business is up. Pre-upgraded and selected a decent room. Generally getting the digital key at 3 PM (although that is when I say I would want the room so maybe affected by that).

Room is clean but this time no water in the room and the shower curtain is missing the inside bit that snaps onto the outer portion! At least two bathrobes and slippers and nice fluffy towels.

Car park was obviously very busy...and although the hotel is extremely convenient for the M1 motorway and nearby Leicester City football club...I did have to do a double take this evening when I saw this bad boy in the car park...(I'll excuse them taking two car park spaces given the value of the thing!)

Safe travels.

Bugatti Divo (1 of only 40 made)
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:39 am

I’m here next Monday night, bit surprised, booked double guest room Tuesday and preupgraded to a suite 3 days out, I’m quite impressed.
Should arrive around 6pm……will do the usual live reporting.
NoY, :D! and TheVengefulTraveller like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 7:55 am

wizla hope your stay is good.

I'm there for 3 nights on Friday. Not expecting an upgrade as HH Gold, the hotel will be full this weekend due to an event and Donington Park.

Keen to hear if there has been any more refurb work. I've not been since spring 2022 but my last couple of stays were in King Deluxe and Queen Deluxe on the top floor and I felt these were starting to look a little tired in places and noticed a couple of light fittings in the bar were held together with duct tape.

There was talk of rolling renovations so fingers crossed.
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Im here next Monday night, bit surprised, booked double guest room Tuesday and preupgraded to a suite 3 days out, Im quite impressed.
Should arrive around 6pmwill do the usual live reporting.
Nice! Looking forward to the live reporting
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by TheVengefulTraveller
wizla hope your stay is good.

I'm there for 3 nights on Friday. Not expecting an upgrade as HH Gold, the hotel will be full this weekend due to an event and Donington Park.

Keen to hear if there has been any more refurb work. I've not been since spring 2022 but my last couple of stays were in King Deluxe and Queen Deluxe on the top floor and I felt these were starting to look a little tired in places and noticed a couple of light fittings in the bar were held together with duct tape.

There was talk of rolling renovations so fingers crossed.
Not any renovations that I’ve seen since my last stay over a year ago.

Arrived 5-45pm, digital key arrived on my phone just after noon, no queue so did physical check in and registered car ( 6 per 24hours ).
Was preupgraded to a suite and up I go to the 3rd floor, it’s nice, nothing amazing but very acceptable,I will let the photos do the talking.

SPA - no change here since my last stay , it’s nice , sauna plenty hot enough, jacuzzi on timer ( 15 mins on/off ).
Pool was quite cool but I like that , ice shower just left of sauna that works well.
Changing rooms clean and tidy also has swimwear dryer .
Was a few folk present but not busy, comfy loungers .

BAR - fellow flyer talker Botb was staying at the nearby Raddison so we hooked up for a curry in nearby castle donnington ( curry tonight restaurant, absolutely delicious curry, I recommend ! ) .
We had a nightcap in the bar on our return and whilst the selection of drinks was good the service is terrible, basically you have to get the reception staff to get you a beer , not what you expect from a 4 star hotel, however we enjoyed a great meal together and it was great to catch up over a nightcap.

I will upload some suite photos and retire as it’s late, in the morning I will use the spa again before breakfast…..will report back!
BotB likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Apr 20, 2023 at 10:53 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:31 pm

King suite -
Attached Images           
pauleeepaul likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
You're sideways mate, must have been a good night out
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
You're sideways mate, must have been a good night out
I’ve tried many times to correct and I haven’t a clue why I does that but yes it was a great night out.

Slept well, bed comfy….I thought it might be noisy as suite is next to lift but didn’t hear it at all although I could hear the traffic on the nearby M1 , nothing loud but definitely noticeable.
Went down to grab a take away flat white and I remember Botb’s voice in my head telling me the coffee is rubbish here, he was right, I found adding an extra shot helped but yes it’s not great.

SPA - was very quiet this morning, jacuzzi was out of order but it was quite blissful to pretty much have the place to myself….forgot to mention yesterday that towels are provided and changing room lockers take 1 coin.

BREAKFAST - it was okay , quite nice in fact, I had grapefruit segments / musli with skimmed milk and Greek yogurt / chocolate twist .
Didn’t fancy hot food but it looked good.
I was there at 8-30am and it was fairly quiet, didn’t notice many staff, I kinda just walked in found a table and went up unquestioned….. breakfast is 6-30 to 9-30 on weekdays.

CHECK OUT - I done this online at 9-30 am, I received an email almost immediately with the bill and I haven’t been charged for parking ( it’s normally 6 )

CONCLUSION - I like it here, I think I prefer the deluxe rooms on the top floor but none the less the suite was nice, nothing fancy but nice, air conditioning was rubbish and only blows hot, luckily the windows open…..apparently this is normal for here….. I like the spa , it’s old but it’s clean and pleasant, service in the bar is rubbish but I can live with that.
I would definitely return.

ROOM NO - 307

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Leicester ( I’m here now )
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Stayed recently, last stay was 7 years ago. Booked double with sofa bed but somehow got a room with 3 beds which wasn't needed. Check in guy was very professional and said the word diamond at least 4 times, but no additional benefits.

Wanted to use pool but kids are banned after 7pm on weekdays and there were classes in the morning so that failed.

Breakfast was better than I remember from before, they had smoked salmon and more interesting juices.

The parking seems to be an in house solution, maybe the cameras don't even work. There are no signs about payment other than before the barriers which still says 5 for residents (not the 6 mentioned on website/app), and definitely nothing about any "fines", so the most they can do legally is send you an invoice for 5.

Check out is supposedly noon according to the app. At 1130 housekeeping came into the room when I was still there. After leaving I tried to check out on the app only to find that I had already been checked out, and on checking my email later it looks like I was checked out at 11am without being charged for the parking.
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:28 am

I’m here Saturday night as a stopover on a road trip to Harrogate.
Booked double guest room and no preupgrade yet but maybe the 72 hour pre upgrade doesn’t happen here.
Should arrive mid afternoon/ early evening….. will do the usual live reporting!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.