Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 12, 22, 10:57 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: BotB
Wiki Link
This hotel has a monthly 'Hilton Honors Appreciation' Event, 2nd Wednesday evening of each month, between 7 and 8 PM in the bar (small side room area to the left as one enters the bar area). All HH members invited, not just gold/diamonds...Decent alcohol choices to self pour (champagne, red/white wine, a few (bottled) beer choices), soft drinks and small nibbles.

Only a few seats put out so arrive early if that is needed/important.

Hotel staff mingle to better get to know the HH guests but it was pleasant and staff are quite nice here. From memory about 5 staff and roughly 10 hotel guests so decent chance to talk to the staff and for them to hear your feedback!

Event was held in Nov. 21, and most recently 9th Feb.

Please do update the wiki if you have other useful info to share regarding the hotel. Thank you!
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 21, 5:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I’m here tomorrow evening, booked an entry level double guest room and was upgraded to a double deluxe yesterday morning.
I should arrive mid afternoon but I’ve already done OLCI to a room on 3rd floor facing away from the motorway ( apparently these are quieter) ……will request digital key before I leave tomorrow morning.
I’m looking forward to staying here and will do the usual live reporting.
Old Nov 28, 21, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by wizla View Post
Im here tomorrow evening, booked an entry level double guest room and was upgraded to a double deluxe yesterday morning.
I should arrive mid afternoon but Ive already done OLCI to a room on 3rd floor facing away from the motorway ( apparently these are quieter) will request digital key before I leave tomorrow morning.
Im looking forward to staying here and will do the usual live reporting.
Hope you have a good stay. I recently stayed in a Double Deluxe Plus (what I booked and what I got). Not sure what was deluxe about it, let alone plus. The room was super hot, and the skylights mean you cant get that much airflow, even though its really noisy outside, or see outside. The hotel puts pictures of these rooms having shower and separate bath. In actual fact its a shower over bath so I shouldve picked the standard room. It was clean and tidy though, if super super dated.

The hotel feels like those classic Stakis ones, with the leisure club just off reception. It has a nice feel to it but a little dated. The restaurant/bar area feels like a spoons but about twenty times the cost. Food was OK and the service was rushed but still polite. Breakfast was really good, quality ingredients, friendly service and a good selection, way better than most non-London Hiltons recently.

Car parking was 5, no mention of it being complimentary for Honors and no other recognition/benefit other than free breakfast.
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 28, 21, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by residentx View Post
Hope you have a good stay. I recently stayed in a Double Deluxe Plus (what I booked and what I got). Not sure what was deluxe about it, let alone plus. The room was super hot, and the skylights mean you cant get that much airflow, even though its really noisy outside, or see outside. The hotel puts pictures of these rooms having shower and separate bath. In actual fact its a shower over bath so I shouldve picked the standard room. It was clean and tidy though, if super super dated.

The hotel feels like those classic Stakis ones, with the leisure club just off reception. It has a nice feel to it but a little dated. The restaurant/bar area feels like a spoons but about twenty times the cost. Food was OK and the service was rushed but still polite. Breakfast was really good, quality ingredients, friendly service and a good selection, way better than most non-London Hiltons recently.

Car parking was 5, no mention of it being complimentary for Honors and no other recognition/benefit other than free breakfast.
Thanks.yep I have stayed a couple of times here but not for a few years but very brief stays ( arriving late and leaving early) ..at least this time I will get to enjoy the facilities.
Old Nov 29, 21, 3:36 am

Programs: Ihg platinum hilton gold
Driving back to the homeland at xmas and currently planning on staying at DoubleTree notts...could be swayed by this review
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 9:43 am

Arrived 4 pm although digital key was sent to my phone at noon, car park seems fairly quiet, FD clear so went to manually check in and get physical key instead.
Receptionist took my reg no and gave me a room card and drink voucher swiftly......friendly and professional.

ROOM - Double Deluxe..... I done OLCI to a room on 3rd floor end corridor and this is what I received, it was an upgrade from a Double guest room , its fairly large and has a uk super king size bed, there is a chair and coffee table , a desk and chair , a large wardrobe that contains two robes and a safe.
Its a nice set up, yes its old and very dated but everything is spotless.

BATHROOM - this is not so big, shower over bath arrangement and the usual toiletries......this too is spotlessly clean.

I have no real plans, Ive been on an 8 mile geocaching walk today so no need to use gym , I will probably go and lay by the pool for an hour or so and the use the bar for dinner tonight....... will report back!
Attached Images      
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I’ve stayed a few times before, room looks familiar.

It’s a bit of an odd location, being sandwiched between an A road and the motorway.
There’s nothing else really nearby, unless you fancy and Alan Partridge type stroll down to the motorway services.

The village of Castle Donnington isn’t bad, however it’s too far to walk realistically.
there’s a couple of nice pubs, including a micro pub called “the flag”, owned by a guy who is keen on his motorsports and Ayrton Senna in particular.
https://www.chequeredflagmicropub.co.uk/
Some nice memorabilia/pictures in there and they do draught takeouts in milk carton type containers.
Previously I’ve had a pint in there and then taken a carton back to the hotel for consumption in the room😁

if you have a nominated driver or want to get a taxi/Uber, you can enjoy several other pubs and a decent curry house.
Old Nov 29, 21, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
I’ve stayed a few times before, room looks familiar.

It’s a bit of an odd location, being sandwiched between an A road and the motorway.
There’s nothing else really nearby, unless you fancy and Alan Partridge type stroll down to the motorway services.

The village of Castle Donnington isn’t bad, however it’s too far to walk realistically.
there’s a couple of nice pubs, including a micro pub called “the flag”, owned by a guy who is keen on his motorsports and Ayrton Senna in particular.
https://www.chequeredflagmicropub.co.uk/
Some nice memorabilia/pictures in there and they do draught takeouts in milk carton type containers.
Previously I’ve had a pint in there and then taken a carton back to the hotel for consumption in the room😁

if you have a nominated driver or want to get a taxi/Uber, you can enjoy several other pubs and a decent curry house.
Everything you mention there is spot on, I was in castle donnington earlier and saw the pub you mentioned , didn’t know that!, I’m a F1 fan too.

POOL - it’s a nice set up, bit unusual as the gym is in two parts cardio room is in reception part and resistance is at the other end of pool so gym folk have to walk down the side of pool to get to the weights room
The pool area is nice , not particularly large and I imagine it could get busy but when I arrived there was a couple of folk swimming but it was very quiet, there is a sauna , steam room and jacuzzi.......sauna is small and could have been a hotter but acceptable none the less, jacuzzi was very hot, didn’t try steam room due to covid risk.
There are three sun loungers where i spent a while reading a book and relaxing, not the most comfortable type ( plastic) but acceptable, there are some tables and chairs too.......Ice shower down far end for after the sauna .
I was there for 1.5 hours and the last hour it was just myself present......bliss.
Changing rooms are modern and clean, there is a swimwear dryer too.

BAR - the bar has a nice vibe , it’s actually a little busy, there is nice furniture/ decor and a very open plan feel.
Menu is good and reasonably priced for a Hilton, I had the rib eye steak @26 and it was delicious and cooked perfectly, service was good too, nice vibe , used free drink chit for a pint of Stella but I guess you can use them for any drink.

Will probably be here for another hour or so before I retire......will report back
NoY likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Nov 29, 21 at 1:58 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 29, 21, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Worth a trip back to the Flag if you’re into F1, some interesting Senna stuff on the wall from when the British Grand Prix was held at Donington!
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 29, 21, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
Worth a trip back to the Flag if youre into F1, some interesting Senna stuff on the wall from when the British Grand Prix was held at Donington!
Im pretty sure it wasnt open when I walked past just after noon but if ever in the area again I will definitely do that, I didnt get into F1 until 1996 but obviously Ive read about when it was at donnington , I was a the track watching testing only a couple of weeks ago after my stay at Hilton Nottingham.
Old Nov 29, 21, 4:09 pm

Well that concludes my evening, pleasant atmosphere, great meal , great service. Not particularly busy but a few folk dotted around.
Now about to retire but in the morning I plan to use the pool again before breakfast.....will try and get some more photos for you guys.
Will report back!
Old Nov 30, 21, 12:02 am

Slept well , bed firm but comfy....... went down to get a takeout cappuccino from restaurant and not a problem, friendly staff I noticed....... cappuccino needs an extra shot !.
This morning I will pop down for a swim before breakfast and after I will try and get some photos for you guys......... will report back!
Old Nov 30, 21, 2:30 am

Spa quiet again this morning, just a couple of swimmers, it’s open from 6 am to 10 pm .

BREAKFAST - a very typical Hilton breakfast selection and arrangement, the area is fairly big and it was quiet at 8-45am and remained that way with just a few folk around.....service was good, I started with some branflakes with Greek yogurt then had an omelette from the egg chef, this took a while to come but was tasty , I finished with some toast and jam......all very nice. Breakfast hours 6-30 to 9-30am on weekdays.

Now finishing with a cappuccino in the bar area ( comfy sofas in here ) as I said earlier cappuccino needs an extra expresso shot.
I will check out shortly and give my stay some thoughts on the drive home and return later with my conclusion ..... will report back!
richardhall99 likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Nov 30, 21 at 10:48 am
Old Nov 30, 21, 7:26 am

CHECK OUT - i was in no hurry so I checked out the old fashioned way at the front desk, bar bill correct and confirmed and I’m on my way, parking is not free for diamonds it’s 5

CONCLUSION - Great stay!, absolutely no issues, yes it’s not the greatest Hilton or has amazing views but it’s a good solid choice , I paid 79 and feel that’s very good value for money, I enjoyed my stay and wouldn’t hesitate to return.

ROOM NO - 363

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 28 / 12 / 21 )
chrism20 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 22, 7:25 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat, BA Silver
Haven't posted an update here for some time so thought I'd correct that...

-carpets in most hallways and the restaurant have been replaced so are new. ^

-furniture in the restaurant is also new (replaced in the last few weeks) so very nice. ^

-receive app upgrades as promised around 3 days before each stay (but only one level upgrade)

-had a very nice proper bottle of champagne and (hand) signed by staff Christmas card in the room early Dec. ^

As another poster usually states....next stay here 19th Jan!

A small tip: there's a decent Indian restaurant called Curry Tonight not far away by taxi or car in Castle Donington using the road that carries on past the hotel. Public parking is free there (a few options)...no guarantees in peak tourist seasons....

Safe travels.
Old Jan 11, 22, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by residentx View Post

When I stayed in September 2021, at Check In the the agent asked for my car reg and said he sorted the car park system for my car. He had done the same for guests checking in before me who didn't appear to be regular travellers. I read somewhere, I don't know where now, that it is 5 for non-guests but free for staying guests.

Search this Thread