Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
This hotel has a monthly 'Hilton Honors Appreciation' Event, 2nd Wednesday evening of each month, between 7 and 8 PM in the bar (small side room area to the left as one enters the bar area). All HH members invited, not just gold/diamonds...Decent alcohol choices to self pour (champagne, red/white wine, a few (bottled) beer choices), soft drinks and small nibbles.

Only a few seats put out so arrive early if that is needed/important.

Hotel staff mingle to better get to know the HH guests but it was pleasant and staff are quite nice here. From memory about 5 staff and roughly 10 hotel guests so decent chance to talk to the staff and for them to hear your feedback!

Event was held in Nov. 21, and most recently 9th Feb.

Please do update the wiki if you have other useful info to share regarding the hotel. Thank you!
Print Wikipost

Hilton East Midlands Airport {GBR}

Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by jaguarpig
It is the closest Hilton to us about 20 minutes away and we use it quite a bit when the price is right to bump our stays up.
As a Diamond you get upgraded to exec floor slightly better fitted out rooms.
1/4 bottle of wine, a jar of nuts, jar of sweets, couple of dressing gowns and slippers.
Full comp English breakfast sometimes all off the buffet sometimes off the menu depending on occupancy, there is always a chef to cook eggs to order.
Free car parking and a couple of drinks vouchers for the bar.
Lovely staff hope you enjoy.
Thanks for the info.....yeah it's exactly as you said....upgraded to double deluxe ( booked double family room).....seems nice enough....service at dinner wasn't great, staff disinterested , to busy chatting amongst themselves......but my steak was very good......slept well ( great curtains )...... Now off for sauna then breakfast.......will report back!.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
HERES MY TRIPADVISOR REVIEW - Arrived late afternoon , quick check in and upgraded to double deluxe ( Hilton honors diamond)......room nice bed comfy clean tidy and nice bathroom .
Used sauna and pool again nice and changing rooms clean and fresh .
Had dinner in the bar that night and whilst it was good the service was slow, the staff seemed more interested in larking around with each other than looking after guests....shame!
Slept well and breakfast was very nice....no complaints.
CONCLUSION - I liked this Hilton, it had a nice feel about it, yes it is old but clean and well maintained ......slightly let down by the bar staff , however I would stay again billy!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Recent 1 night weekend stay

Professional check in and good DIA recognition.

Automatically upgraded to Club Room on 2nd floor

Received: 2 waters, jar of nuts, jar of jelly babies, small bottle of shiraz, robes (no slippers), free bar drinks voucher and free parking (normally 5), free I papers were available at reception / breakfast.

Breakfast was standard UK buffet fare - not a huge variety but good quality and service.

Overall, very good value for just over 40 per room
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
It's a good, solid hotel, with consistent recognition.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Skimanant
It's a good, solid hotel, with consistent recognition.
I totally agree. I sometimes use this hotel for mattress runs as the rates can be very cheap
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hmmm... Why do I always fine this hotel expensive - looking at 90+

or maybe prices have risen by a fair bit now.

Looking at end of April.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Another very good stay, the set menu was excellent overall value.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:54 am

No reviews for a while, so an update.

1 night stay, upgraded at check in to deluxe, but then to a refurbished suite by front desk manager (who is excellent and really cares).

A smaller suite overall, separate lounge, nice though, and I adore the chairs they have which are perfect height and comfort wise for me. 2 big flatscreen TVs. Recently new carpet/ paint etc.

2 water in room, welcome amenity has gone, as in some other hotels. Robes and slippers included.

Had the 2 course bar meal for 17 each, enjoyable, and a bottle of wine between us- they do a house special for 15- we had a very well chilled rose which was good for the price.

Its still a good Hilton, good staff, solid. Full breakfast included complimentary, enjoyed the stay.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Skimanant
No reviews for a while, so an update.

1 night stay, upgraded at check in to deluxe, but then to a refurbished suite by front desk manager (who is excellent and really cares).

A smaller suite overall, separate lounge, nice though, and I adore the chairs they have which are perfect height and comfort wise for me. 2 big flatscreen TVs. Recently new carpet/ paint etc.

2 water in room, welcome amenity has gone, as in some other hotels. Robes and slippers included.

Had the 2 course bar meal for 17 each, enjoyable, and a bottle of wine between us- they do a house special for 15- we had a very well chilled rose which was good for the price.

Its still a good Hilton, good staff, solid. Full breakfast included complimentary, enjoyed the stay.
Staying at the weekend, sounds promising!
Has been a few years since I have stayed here!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
stayed here a few weeks ago midweek for one night stay. (two weeks before Skimanant)

Not the easiest to find if you have never been before and with the construction going on nearby.

I have to say the front desk staff and reception was probably the best I have ever had at a Hilton chain hotel ever. ^^ I had had a ridiculously long work day and long drive afterwards to the hotel so arrived just before 22:00 and this really changed my mood instantly to very positive so kudos to the staff for being so very welcoming, warm, friendly and still every so quick so that I was soon on my way to the room.

Received a nice room (not sure what upgrade but an upgrade) to a bigger room (but not a suite) with a view of the inside courtyard so quiet. ^ IIRC the room had a 'club' sign on it from previous hotel chain so assume it was an 'exec' room.

-large bottles of PTR amenities which were appreciated.

-incredibly large car park as some park and fly people here as well, and happy to say parking for hotel guests is free (for hotel stays only, not park and fly!) which is not shown on the entrance barrier pricing scheme so this was good to learn at check in.

-very good breakfast, with good selection and great staff. I asked for some cooked to order eggs and went to get other items and the cook even brought the plate over to my table without asking and even though he was quite busy ^^

-proper cappuccino (well from Costa barista machine) upon request, not the cheaper machines in so many hotels. ^^

-all in all an excellent stay.

Great to see Skimanant received excellent repeat customer recognition at this hotel, I can certainly believe it here, wish I was a more regular guest due to the staff.

I did get a nice little bit of paper that I could fill in with my preferences that the hotel would store for the next stay here (not globally) which I found very nice touch and could be very useful for those that do frequent the hotel. ^^

Hopefully adobbing also had a similar (or better) experience.

Would happily return if in the area.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by BotB
stayed here a few weeks ago midweek for one night stay. (two weeks before Skimanant)

Not the easiest to find if you have never been before and with the construction going on nearby.

I have to say the front desk staff and reception was probably the best I have ever had at a Hilton chain hotel ever. ^^ I had had a ridiculously long work day and long drive afterwards to the hotel so arrived just before 22:00 and this really changed my mood instantly to very positive so kudos to the staff for being so very welcoming, warm, friendly and still every so quick so that I was soon on my way to the room.

Received a nice room (not sure what upgrade but an upgrade) to a bigger room (but not a suite) with a view of the inside courtyard so quiet. ^ IIRC the room had a 'club' sign on it from previous hotel chain so assume it was an 'exec' room.

-large bottles of PTR amenities which were appreciated.

-incredibly large car park as some park and fly people here as well, and happy to say parking for hotel guests is free (for hotel stays only, not park and fly!) which is not shown on the entrance barrier pricing scheme so this was good to learn at check in.

-very good breakfast, with good selection and great staff. I asked for some cooked to order eggs and went to get other items and the cook even brought the plate over to my table without asking and even though he was quite busy ^^

-proper cappuccino (well from Costa barista machine) upon request, not the cheaper machines in so many hotels. ^^

-all in all an excellent stay.

Great to see Skimanant received excellent repeat customer recognition at this hotel, I can certainly believe it here, wish I was a more regular guest due to the staff.

I did get a nice little bit of paper that I could fill in with my preferences that the hotel would store for the next stay here (not globally) which I found very nice touch and could be very useful for those that do frequent the hotel. ^^

Hopefully adobbing also had a similar (or better) experience.

Would happily return if in the area.
Unfortunately my experience was not so good!

Arrived at hotel on Saturday evening at approximately 1800 after a long hot day.
Was welcomed as a diamond at check in, but no mention of upgrade from room I had booked.

Had checked previous day and at lunchtime seeing there were superior rooms available that I could have been upgraded to, although no upgrade showing on the HHonors app.
Asked about upgrade and was told nothing available. When I questioned this was told they were full.
Pointed out that at midday they had better rooms, was told they were "now full". Nothing else offered and was told I was already in a club room.
Pointed out that was what I had booked, referred to duty manager who didn't even bother checking and said nothing available.

Room was on second floor and although it had "club room" on door, so did every other room I passed on that floor.
Although appearing clean it was very dated and faced the main road.
Just two bottles of water in room, nothing else like drinks vouchers, nuts or fruit.

Went down to reception to arrange taxi, the Duty manager (without even making eye contact) asked the other guy to "deal with it".
Taxi arranged for earliest 20 minutes, so headed to bar.

3 staff behind bar, one was serving, the other two ignored me and colleague disappearing to do other things.
After a couple of minutes one appears but doesn't offer to serve anyone ( by this time several people waiting), then proceeds to chat to the other and then both disappear again.
After another 5 minutes sole barman serves us without any apology for wait and with little courtesy.
2 bottled beers placed on counter and signed for, no offer of glasses which when requested were reluctantly supplied.
Bar staff appeared to see serving customers as beneath them.

Breakfast was decent quality,although plates on the hot section were dirty.
After rummaging through the pile I found one that appeared to not have food residue on it, although after selecting my food noticed that was not the case.
Quite grim but as I was in a hurry I ignored it.

Altogether a disappointing stay, quite unlike I remember previous experience.
Would probably look at the newer St Georges hotel.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:39 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Sorry to hear that adobbing, however, you reminded me that the bar experience was actually the same as I had...there was some function that had been on earlier with plenty of people still networking at the bar and when I tried to get some service for a beer to relax after the long day and after the good check in experience...well, it went downhill quickly as you mention. Did feel like I was very much a bother rather than a customer. three quite surly staff and particularly the two women were not meant to be in customer facing roles.

No drinks coupon, did get two bottles of water in room. the furniture was indeed dated but in good condition. Imagine it was only a one level upgrade but was still appreciated.

Shame that the front desk staff can be so variable, must have been different people to be sure as there was a small queue when I arrived and one of the staff even went into the back and asked a third person to come out and help out for a minute which the very kind lady did and was the one that served me later.

Just goes to show that people do make the difference and the soft product is equally as important as the hard one.

safe travels.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BotB
Sorry to hear that adobbing, however, you reminded me that the bar experience was actually the same as I had...there was some function that had been on earlier with plenty of people still networking at the bar and when I tried to get some service for a beer to relax after the long day and after the good check in experience...well, it went downhill quickly as you mention. Did feel like I was very much a bother rather than a customer. three quite surly staff and particularly the two women were not meant to be in customer facing roles.

No drinks coupon, did get two bottles of water in room. the furniture was indeed dated but in good condition. Imagine it was only a one level upgrade but was still appreciated.

Shame that the front desk staff can be so variable, must have been different people to be sure as there was a small queue when I arrived and one of the staff even went into the back and asked a third person to come out and help out for a minute which the very kind lady did and was the one that served me later.

Just goes to show that people do make the difference and the soft product is equally as important as the hard one.

safe travels.
Yep, disappointing overall down to this particular experience and because I had expected better.

The experience in the bar reminded me of Bromsgrove and Swindon about five years ago, when staff wandered round amelessly and unmanaged.

The food quality at breakfast was good, but the numerous dirty plates indicates a lack of attention to detail.
A health inspector would have had a field day!

I was surprised as I remember my previous stays being very good.

Had I have had more time I would have flagged the issues to the duty manager, but as it was the same guy as the night before I thought I would have been wasting my time.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I have recently stayed in this hotel five times in the last couple of months. I am only gold, so don't really expect much. But I have never had an upgrade. Although, I always checkin online, I think this limits my chances. I also received a card from reception about my preferences for future stays. I have filled this in twice now and have never been given what I put down on the card (ie 2 bottles of sparkling water instead of one still & one sparkling).

Some of the rooms are dated. I have found that some are more modern than others with newer TV's and newer furniture. Four of my stays I was told that parking was complementary and one stay I was asked to pay 5, so I really dont know which is true.

Breakfast is fine. I have definitely seen both better and worse in UK Hiltons.

The gym is ok and the pool is a nice touch.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:18 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Four of my stays I was told that parking was complementary and one stay I was asked to pay 5, so I really dont know which is true.
The Hilton website says parking is 5, but I see more than one person has received free parking

I'm going to be arriving at 2300. On Google Street View, it looks like you need to collect a ticket and pay on exit - and there is a board saying it's 16 for 10 hours... does anyone remember what they did to get it for free?

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.8480...i13312!8i6656/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.