Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
From a property's perspective, a Be My Guest certificate is basically a check for the room and tax paid for by Hilton. The way it is processed is the same as if you were to pay by check, and will most likely earn points and stay credit.
This may vary according to how the hotel processes it. When I used my BMG cert at a Hampton Inn earlier this year I booked at a regular rate. When I got the bill at checkout they had changed the rate to zero so no stay credit or points accrued. The nice HH rep here at Flyertalk was able to get me the stay credit, which was what was important to me.

I did use the cert at the hotel that had originally given it to me. I don't know how/whether that affects anything.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:19 pm

That was a poorly trained front desk team, then. Absolutely not how we are to process them.

Using the cert at the hotel that originally issued it should change nothing from the guest's perspective. There's a slight difference in the reimbursement amount, but nothing you should notice.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AA
I booked the hotel. It has to be a hilton hotel as the incidence happened in a hilton hotel. So Conrad is out. HIlton club is not allowed either. When I received the reservation it is on revenue (with the actual dollar amount), so my guess is that I will earn the points and stay credits.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:05 pm

I have a Hilton Garden Inn BMG certificate. I asked (three times) if it could be used at a Hampton instead. I was told no. I always thought it could be used at a "lesser" property, but I guess not.(?)
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Best Use of HGI certificate

I was given a Be Our Guest certificate for HGI properties and it expires in September so I need to use it. I am quite open as to where I use it (within the continental US) so would like to know where are the most costly HGIs since that they would likely be the best use of this certificate.

I have been searching for a list of HGIs by category and cannot find one. Does anyone here know where there is one?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
NYC and nearby
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List, AA Platinum
I have a Doubletree BMG certificate. The hotel im looking at currently only has standard rooms but with a diamond force. Can I reserve a room under diamond force and still use my BMG certificate without issue?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: All
Yes you can use your BMG certificate in this case (I have used previously in this situation). It is actually a rather good usage as you will be receiving points for the stay due to a glitch. However, I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask for the Revenue (or in-house reservations) department and note the name of the rep making the reservation for you. Good luck.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
Yes you can use your BMG certificate in this case (I have used previously in this situation). It is actually a rather good usage as you will be receiving points for the stay due to a glitch. However, I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask for the Revenue (or in-house reservations) department and note the name of the rep making the reservation for you. Good luck.
My understanding is that points and stay credit is intended to be the case with BMG reservations rather than being a glitch?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton DIA / SPG Gold / Hyatt Plat
i also made this summer nearly 90k points with 2 nights on diamond force + 2 bmg certs.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:51 pm

I have a BMG certificate specific to Hilton Garden Inn I'd like to use tomorrow. The certificate says "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any HGI"

I'm assuming the "standard room" language excludes suites? What about rooms with better views? I want to get the most bang for my buck but I'm nervous about booking anything better than the lowest room listed. Will I be on the hook if I try and book a suite and hand them the cert at check in?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
I have a BMG certificate specific to Hilton Garden Inn I'd like to use tomorrow. The certificate says "Redeem this certificate for one night of complimentary lodging (standard room and tax only) at any HGI"

I'm assuming the "standard room" language excludes suites? What about rooms with better views? I want to get the most bang for my buck but I'm nervous about booking anything better than the lowest room listed. Will I be on the hook if I try and book a suite and hand them the cert at check in?
Book a standard room only and request an upgrade at check-in. Once you have presented your BMG at check-in, they are free to upgrade you if they feel like it.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Be Our Guest Certificate question

Do you get stay credit or points when you are on a “Be My Guest” certificate?

Tahnks!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You should receive stay credit, you may or may not receive points. See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...rn-points.html
Points for stay paid by certificate due to service recovery?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by flyou10
Do you get stay credit or points when you are on a “Be My Guest” certificate?

Tahnks!
You will receive stay / night / points credit
The voucher is meant for a entry level (standard) room at BAR.
No package / promo rates that includes extra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.