Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 3:57 pm
bxs

I just made three one night bookings at the following hotels using my BMG certificate by calling the diamond desk.

Conrad Singapore
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Doubletree Istanbul Old Town

All went relatively well until I checked my reservations online. With the exception of DT Istanbul, the other two rooms were booked as non standard rooms. Will it be an issue upon check in? I was told that it will be valid by the agents and it's noted in my reservation that BMG certificate will be used.

Conrad
Old May 15, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I had 2 BMG certs, I wanted them used before they expired--hubby and dd went away for a weekend, i booked rooms for them thru the website(1 at HGI shich certificate said) and one at homewood suites (which certificate said) and they had no problem using either of them. i did get tier credit!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Has anyone had any experience using these certs with Diamond Guarantee reservations? The rooms on offer through these are standard ones but obviously the rate is a bit higher! I've used a couple of BMGs previously, but these were just on standard BAR rooms I booked through the website (then liaised with the hotel to let them know I'd be using a BMG)
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by payam81
Quote:
Curious which Conrad offended and what for?
In my experience, the front desk check in agent will also ask you at least where the screw up was, especially if you have TWO!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:34 pm

Be My Guest Certificate not so easy to use

I was given two Be My Guest certificates by Hilton hotels. When the hilton agent spoke to me about them, she said I could use them on any Hilton property before July 14, 2014.
We went to NAPLES, Fl. last week , and I had made reservations at the Waldorf Astoria for two nights,notifying them of the BMG cert. at time of booking. They said just be sure to bring them with me, and I would just pay the tax on the room.
When we arrived at the Waldorf, they said they had never seen these coupons before. They called several dept. of Hilton, and decided that they wouldnt accept the BMG cert. because it had to be a Hilton hotel only. There were no restrictions listed on the cert.
We ended up paying $745. for the two nights. Any advice for me ? I feel a bit jipped.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, UA 1K, AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pjd141
I was given two Be My Guest certificates by Hilton hotels. When the hilton agent spoke to me about them, she said I could use them on any Hilton property before July 14, 2014.
We went to NAPLES, Fl. last week , and I had made reservations at the Waldorf Astoria for two nights,notifying them of the BMG cert. at time of booking. They said just be sure to bring them with me, and I would just pay the tax on the room.
When we arrived at the Waldorf, they said they had never seen these coupons before. They called several dept. of Hilton, and decided that they wouldnt accept the BMG cert. because it had to be a Hilton hotel only. There were no restrictions listed on the cert.
We ended up paying $745. for the two nights. Any advice for me ? I feel a bit jipped.
ugh - thats a shame!
i had a similar situation - i wanted to use a BMG cert for a night at the Conrad Singapore, when I called to book with the Diamond Desk they booked the stay for me, but told me i couldnt use the BMG cert because it wasnt a hilton property, even though there were no restrictions listed on the cert. I brought the certificate with us anyway & was going to try to use it - the diamond concierge at the Conrad asked for my cert the morning after we checked in...i was surprised but i guess they mentioned it in my reservation notes...? weird because they said i couldnt use it - anyways the diamond concierge used the cert & we got one night free - so i think it just depends on who you speak to...i would call the diamond desk & let them know that you were assured (by them -at the time of booking) that you could use the cert...its a crap shoot, but worth a try!
Good Luck - be persistent!!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by pjd141
Oh dear, that is terrible. I would follow up with Hilton as they should deliver on their word. If they confirmed that you could use the certs then it's their responsibility to have the hotel honor it.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
We had an issue at an HGI recently and they offered us a BMG cert, good at "a HGI of your choosing". It will be interesting to see the actual terms when the cert arrives. Will report back. I'm hoping it's NOT restricted to HGI.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:03 am
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Does anyone have any experience with whether these are transferable or not? The question was asked (but doesn't seem to have been answered) up thread.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:49 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by gba
Does anyone have any experience with whether these are transferable or not? The question was asked (but doesn't seem to have been answered) up thread.
Hi gba,

Be My Guest certificates can only be used by the guest and Hotel Brands they are issued to.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi gba,

Be My Guest certificates can only be used by the guest and Hotel Brands they are issued to.

Thanks,
Erin
This is such nonsense. I just went to redeem on of my Hilton BMG Certificate at the Conrad Koh Samui and was told this was not allowed. I had been saving the cert to use it specifically for this hotel and now won't have the opportunity to redeem it elsewhere What's the difference if it is Hilton or Conrad!?!?!?!?!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:38 am

Be My Guest certs, earning stay credit and points?

I have an upcoming reservation at Hampton. When I booked by phone I mentioned that I had a 'Be My Guest Certificate' to pay. But I got contradictory messages whether stays paid with a BMG certificate count for status or get points. @HiltonHelp on Twitter said they do, but @HamptonByHilton said night credit is earned, but only points on incidentals. The hotel reservations agent said that nothing is earned, at all.

I'm going for a Gold status offer that requires only three stays and I have two paid Hilton stays booked already.

So I contacted Hilton Customer Care for the policy and they sent me this, though they said it was an internal document, not available on the web. However, they did say I could send it to staff at the hotel. (Emboldening is mine for clarity) Hope this helps:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding Terms and Conditions of the Be My Guest certificate that you are going to use. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

I found the following information which may be helpful:

A Be My Guest cards have a specific brand listed on the card. A guest may only use a Be My Guest card at the brand for which it was issued. The brand will be listed on the card. For instance, the Embassy Suites card is good only at Embassy Suites hotels.
Be My Guest cards are valid up to one year from the issue date.
Valid for 1 standard room or standard suite (at Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites properties) confirmed at the Best Available Rate only. No packages with features apply.
The guest using the card does not have to advise the reservation agent that the card will be used.
There are no blackout dates.
Be My Guest cards are typically valid for one night’s room plus tax.
The guest must adhere to the guarantee and cancel policies set by the hotel for the date(s) requested.
Be My Guest cards are non-transferable.
At Waldorf Astoria Collection hotels, guests will NOT be charged any applicable resort fee if using a Be My Guest card.
Stays with a Be My Guest Card are treated as paid stays for HHonors members. Members will receive full points (room and incidentals), any applicable upgrades and all applicable benefits.

The following hotels do not participate:

- The Drake Hotel, Chicago
- The Marquette, Minneapolis
- Flamingo Hilton, Las Vegas
- All Hilton Grand Vacations hotels

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html

Best regards,
Gail S.
Email Coordinator
Customer Care Email Department
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
www.hiltonworldwide.com "

Last edited by colin_thames; Aug 26, 2015 at 10:00 am
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:54 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by colin_thames
I have an upcoming reservation at Hampton. When I booked by phone I mentioned that I had a 'Be My Guest Certificate' to pay. But I got contradictory messages whether stays paid with a BMG certificate count for status or get points. @HiltonHelp on Twitter said they do, but @HamptonByHilton said night credit is earned, but only points on incidentals. The hotel reservations agent said that nothing is earned, at all. "

Not an easy answer to the question as Hilton can be highly dysfunctional
The answer really should be we here at Hilton have no idea our training & support just isn't that good to answer the question correctly
Over the last decade I've used at least 6 of these certs after many hundreds of nights with Hilton approaching Lifetime Diamond status but still have a way to go.

The reality is it can go either way.
I found 4 out of the times I received full stay credit and incidental points for what was charged and the actual points for what the revenue would have been had I paid
On the other occasions absolutely nothing zippo no points
My take is you really have to hope for the best
My perception right or wrong is that technically you aren't suppose to earn points on a free night.
So YMMV!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks, colin_thames - I've always received points on BMG stays but useful to see that extract that said that points should be expected.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Be my guest certificate refused....

Just checked into a European Hilton property and they have refused to accept a Be My Guest Certificate on the grounds that the room I am being accommodated in is not a "standard" room. For the avoidance of doubt I booked a standard Queen Hilton Room and had been upgraded to a Junior Suite prior to arrival. The Duty Manager has been particularly unhelpful and givem I have just come off a very long flight I have simply handed over the Amex. Suggestions for taking this up tomorrow gratefully received!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.