Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Good to know. If the associate is unsure how to process, any advice I can give them at my end or is it simply a case of handing over the cert. and leaving it with them?
Understand that these certificates are rare and most desk agents will never have seen one and even if they have, they likely have no idea how they are supposed to redeemed. The property needs to set up a direct bill and the certificate and final receipt need to get sent to the Hilton Corporate office on the back of the certificate (back in the day the address was printed there) for reimbursement. Unless the property sees them on a semi-regular basis they likely won't have a direct bill set up for this which is where some initial issues come from since desk agents obviously can't set one up and if you are staying at a limited service property there will likely not be anyone on site at check in that knows what to do. Overall it's not hard, it 's just something can't be trained or explained to a desk agent until one comes up since they are seen so infrequently.
pazza2000 and candgfan like this.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Jun 9, 2022 at 8:53 am
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Understand that these certificates are rare and most desk agents will never have seen one and even if they have, they likely have no idea how they are supposed to redeemed. The property needs to set up a direct bill and the certificate and final receipt need to get sent to the Hilton Corporate office on the back of the certificate (back in the day the address was printed there) for reimbursement. Unless the property seems them on a semi-regular basis they likely won't have a direct bill set up for this which is where some initial issues come from since desk agents obviously can't set one up and if you are staying at a limited service property there will likely not be anyone on site at check in that knows what to do. Overall it's not hard, it 's just something can't be trained or explained to a desk agent until one comes up since they are seen so infrequently.
Ok, it’s a large’ish Hilton so I’ll bank on someone on site knowing what to do, have left a note on the booking saying payment for the room rate via BMG cert
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:31 pm

The certificates have instructions for the desk agent printed on the back, explaining exactly how to process them. You shouldn't have any issues.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:38 am

Finally used my BMG cert, property didn’t include the room rate on the folio and so have only earned a handful of points on the additional’s
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Finally used my BMG cert, property didn’t include the room rate on the folio and so have only earned a handful of points on the additional’s
That is not good. Last time I used a BMG - August last year - the bill showed the full amount paid and generated the points accordingly. I wonder if something changed recently in handling BMG certificates or the property just decided to go this way.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by MP001
That is not good. Last time I used a BMG - August last year - the bill showed the full amount paid and generated the points accordingly. I wonder if something changed recently in handling BMG certificates or the property just decided to go this way.
The front desk agent processing agent didn’t seem to know how they worked. I’ve emailed the property asking for a complete folio with the room rate and they’ve wrote back saying I’ve paid with points and so there is no room rate. Odd.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:11 pm

Just to update, reached out to the property and asked for a copy of my folio showing the room rate, emailed that into Guest Assistance and they’ve retro credited. All is well that ends well.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just to update, reached out to the property and asked for a copy of my folio showing the room rate, emailed that into Guest Assistance and they’ve retro credited. All is well that ends well.
Glad to hear all well at the end
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:57 pm

Expiry Date on Be My Guest Certificate

I have a BMG voucher with expiry date 10/12/2022

Confused as to whether it expires on 10th December or 12th October!

When I called Diamond Desk they said they dont have records of expiry date and that whatever date is show on voucher is the expiry date.

They advised that the expiry date should be interpreted as per local date format!!!!!!!!! So if I use my voucher in USA In would expire on 12th October but if I use in Europe it would expire on 10th December.

Any idea what to do?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GLASGOWCHILL (Post # 399)
So if I use my voucher in USA In would expire on 12th October but if I use in Europe it would expire on 10th December.

Any idea what to do?
Use it by the date applicable to where you will be staying.

Or to be super-safe, use it by the earlier of the two dates.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GLASGOWCHILL
I have a BMG voucher with expiry date 10/12/2022

Confused as to whether it expires on 10th December or 12th October!

When I called Diamond Desk they said they dont have records of expiry date and that whatever date is show on voucher is the expiry date.

They advised that the expiry date should be interpreted as per local date format!!!!!!!!! So if I use my voucher in USA In would expire on 12th October but if I use in Europe it would expire on 10th December.

Any idea what to do?
I'm not sure if the vouchers have changed or not over the past decade but they certainly used to be issued in US-format dates. Although it would likely be accepted elsewhere in the world and you'd have a reasonable argument (esp given the unhelpful response from Hilton) there would be a slight risk of them sticking to what I suspect is the intended expiry date...

SPN Lifer and Sisosig like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Came across these certificates for the first time tonight at an online charity auction. Are these really good for any standard hotel across the system or are there restrictions. For instance I was looking at a Waldorf in the Maldives for 2500 a night standard room, would I really be able to use these there? All the auction says is Enjoy (5) consecutive nights (standard room rates) at any of our Hilton Brand properties worldwide. Taxes included but exclusive of resort fees and miscellaneous fees. Expires one (1) year from July 15, 2022. Standard rooms based on availability of the property and must be used for 5 consecutive nights. Seems odd I could use it for $12000+ stay and would hate to get out there and have them not accepted
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MattEvan
BMG, to the best of my knowledge, is still not discontinued. I received new Conrad BMG certs last week.
In the past, my certificates were issued by the hotel. I am supposed to be getting one from a recent ES stay, and they told me these are now issued by Hilton and sent in the mail.

It's been three weeks and so far nada. Does anybody know how long they usually take to come?

Thank you!

David
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
In the past, my certificates were issued by the hotel. I am supposed to be getting one from a recent ES stay, and they told me these are now issued by Hilton and sent in the mail.

It's been three weeks and so far nada. Does anybody know how long they usually take to come?

Thank you!

David
I have been issued ~50 BOG certs and all came from Hilton corporate.

to the best of my knowledge, properties can’t generate these instruments.

They take about 30 days to generate and mail.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
I have been issued ~50 BOG certs and all came from Hilton corporate.
Wow...that's loads. What's your total stays/nights?

You must have a fantastic complaint technique...and/or be important to Hilton to keep issuing those.
DiverDave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.