Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Old Jun 2, 22, 2:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I wasnít aware that William was still here but great news If so
Personally I suggest if I was in your shoes asking for the equivalent in points for a standard room if in fact BMG has been discontinued.
MP001 and ram0 like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I wasnít aware that William was still here but great news If so
Personally I suggest if I was in your shoes asking for the equivalent in points for a standard room if in fact BMG has been discontinued.
That would be the fair thing to do, however I do not have any hope after being in contact with multiple agents, they all just reply like bots "we do not issue any BMG after -Dec 21 and we no longer extend certificates".
Old Jun 2, 22, 4:40 pm

BMG, to the best of my knowledge, is still not discontinued. I received new Conrad BMG certs last week.
ram0 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ram0 View Post
That would be the fair thing to do, however I do not have any hope after being in contact with multiple agents, they all just reply like bots "we do not issue any BMG after -Dec 21 and we no longer extend certificates".
I would try and get an agent in the US and escalate the call.Like Matt Evan Iím not certain the information is correct as I was offered a bmg certificate just a few weeks ago though I declined the offer and for the record it was a Doubletree bmg
The new International call centers seem extremely poor so beware
EDIflyer and ram0 like this.
Old Jun 2, 22, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I would try and get an agent in the US and escalate the call.Like Matt Evan Iím not certain the information is correct as I was offered a bmg certificate just a few weeks ago though I declined the offer and for the record it was a Doubletree bmg
The new International call centers seem extremely poor so beware
This is strange, I did call the US Guest assistance call service and that agent told me clearly that they passed a "law" to not issue anymore BMG after Dec 2021. I also got the same reply from Guest.Correspondence email. So its just not 1 person who said they stopped with BMG.
Old Jun 3, 22, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by ram0 View Post
This is strange, I did call the US Guest assistance call service and that agent told me clearly that they passed a "law" to not issue anymore BMG after Dec 2021. I also got the same reply from Guest.Correspondence email. So its just not 1 person who said they stopped with BMG.
Who is they?
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:12 am

Just wanted to update you guys about my case, I reached out to William and he tried to sort out the matter, ended with 65 000 points, not even close to Waldorf BMG certificate worth but better than nothing I guess. Funny that he said it would be 1 nights points, but I dont know any Waldorf that cost just 65 000 points unless its really off season?
MP001 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 1:20 pm

I’m using a BMG cert. for the first time at a property later next week. Booked a standard room at a best flexible rate, albeit I see the property have pre upgraded me at least 10 days in advance which is great, however that won’t cause an issue when handing over the BMG cert at check-in will it?
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:51 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
Iím using a BMG cert. for the first time at a property later next week. Booked a standard room at a best flexible rate, albeit I see the property have pre upgraded me at least 10 days in advance which is great, however that wonít cause an issue when handing over the BMG cert at check-in will it?
No, as long as you booked a standard rate then it won't be an issue if they've subsequently upgraded you.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer View Post
No, as long as you booked a standard rate then it won't be an issue if they've subsequently upgraded you.
Perfect, I can refer back to the original email also. Odd to receive an upgrade so far in advance, my experience of UGís lately have been the opposite.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; KLM Flying Blue Gold; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Honors Diamond
Iím using a BMG cert. for the first time at a property later next week. Booked a standard room at a best flexible rate, albeit I see the property have pre upgraded me at least 10 days in advance which is great, however that wonít cause an issue when handing over the BMG cert at check-in will it?
You will be fine.
Some associates at check in might be unsure how to claim it from their side, it happened to me last time i used a BMG in August 2021, and I was upgraded too. In my case the associate said she forgot how to put it into the system as she didn't see a BMG in a long time during the pandemic, but she reasaures she will sort it out with her manager and I had no issue. "Rebill to Hilton corporate" came up on my final bill as method of payment.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by MP001 View Post
You will be fine.
Some associates at check in might be unsure how to claim it from their side, it happened to me last time i used a BMG in August 2021, and I was upgraded too. In my case the associate said she forgot how to put it into the system as she didn't see a BMG in a long time during the pandemic, but she reasaures she will sort it out with her manager and I had no issue. "Rebill to Hilton corporate" came up on my final bill as method of payment.
Good to know. If the associate is unsure how to process, any advice I can give them at my end or is it simply a case of handing over the cert. and leaving it with them?
Old Jun 9, 22, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; KLM Flying Blue Gold; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Honors Diamond
Good to know. If the associate is unsure how to process, any advice I can give them at my end or is it simply a case of handing over the cert. and leaving it with them?
Hand over the BMG cert and if the associate is totally unaware advise to seek manager assistance. Surely the front desk manager is aware
SPN Lifer and pazza2000 like this.
Old Jun 9, 22, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by MP001 View Post
Hand over the BMG cert and if the associate is totally unaware advise to seek manager assistance. Surely the front desk manager is aware
Perfect, and I should earn points on the folio without issue?
Old Jun 9, 22, 7:36 am

Perfect, and I should earn points on the folio without issue?
Yes full points awarded as a ormal paid stay.
pazza2000 likes this.

Search this Thread