Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Be Our Guest and Be My Guest Certificates: The Definitive Thread

Old Mar 10, 16, 3:55 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
If you're willing to pay the extra points to upgrade then the cert should cover the base room - might be worth contacting the property in advance to explain what you're wanting to do but I can't see why this shouldn't be possible.
Old Mar 10, 16, 6:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MattEvan View Post
Can you put a suite points upgrade on a Be My Guest stay? Conrad brand, if it matters.
BMG is not a stay type per se, it is a payment method.

You book a standard room online as normal, hotel does not need know until you hand over your bmg cert to pay for the room at checkin with the BMG cert. In effect the BMG is cash payment for the night.

As such any options available with a normal online booking are allowed, points to guarantee upgrade, nor1 etc. The BMG cert just covers the initial room cost as normal.
Old Mar 10, 16, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
BMG is not a stay type per se, it is a payment method.

You book a standard room online as normal, hotel does not need know until you hand over your bmg cert to pay for the room at checkin with the BMG cert. In effect the BMG is cash payment for the night.

As such any options available with a normal online booking are allowed, points to guarantee upgrade, nor1 etc. The BMG cert just covers the initial room cost as normal.
Thanks. This makes sense.
Old Apr 15, 16, 12:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Confused with "Be my guest" certs

Hi

I have 3 of these I want to use for a long weekend at the WA NYC.

It doesn't say much on the cert about how to actually use them?

If I google it, a page comes up on Hilton that directs me to call central reservations.

But reading on here some suggest you just book a standard room and hand them over at check out.

Which is it?
Old Apr 15, 16, 12:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
Hi

I have 3 of these I want to use for a long weekend at the WA NYC.

It doesn't say much on the cert about how to actually use them?

If I google it, a page comes up on Hilton that directs me to call central reservations.

But reading on here some suggest you just book a standard room and hand them over at check out.

Which is it?
Geoggy, please see the main thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html

To use the 3 BMG certificates at WA NYC, all 3 certificates must specifically be valid for Waldorf-Astoria (issued as service recovery following a previous stay at WA). Certificates valid for another Hilton brand (such as Conrad, Hilton Hotels or DoubleTree) will not be valid at WA.

In the cover letter enclosed with the BMG certificate, it advises you to make a booking by phone if you want to use the BMG cert. Some users, however, have reported being able to use a BMG cert for a stay booked through another method (e.g. booking a standard room and then contacting the hotel to enquire if they will honour the BMG cert for the stay).
Old Apr 15, 16, 5:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Thx Paul. I am sorted now having called them.

Guess mods can close or delete
Old May 11, 16, 8:38 pm

Anyone know the interaction between BMG and Nor1 upgrades? Can you still register for NOR1 upgrades given that the folio simply shows the new rate for the new room or will hotels refuse it?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 16, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Be my guest at Hotel with resort fee

I just wanted to provide a point of reference last night I used my be my guest certificate at the Hilton Hawaiian Village there was some confusion at check-in the agent wasn't sure how to process it the front office manager according to the name tag came out and told her how to process it. the agent asked the manager about the resort fee he told her we still charge him that. I questioned it and was told the BMG that only covers room and taxes. later that night I called the front desk inquiring about it after I received the bill via email I asked why this wasn't treated like a reward stay and the fee be waived after being on hold for about 5 minutes I was told the resort fee should have been waived. Not sure if this is the local hotel being nice but it was nice and make sense that the resort fee was removed
Old Jul 11, 16, 10:42 am

My wife has a BMG cert issued from a Homewood Suites where we were both staying, but obviously only her name is on the BMG as the room was booked under her account. I know these are supposed to be used by the named guest only, but does anyone think I will have any trouble redeeming this cert with my wife not present? She can make the booking from her account if necessary and add my name to the reservation. We are both Diamonds...
Old Jul 11, 16, 1:16 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
My wife has a BMG cert issued from a Homewood Suites where we were both staying, but obviously only her name is on the BMG as the room was booked under her account. I know these are supposed to be used by the named guest only, but does anyone think I will have any trouble redeeming this cert with my wife not present? She can make the booking from her account if necessary and add my name to the reservation. We are both Diamonds...

Hi bmrisko,

Good question. You should book the room under the name of the BMG (in this case, your wife's name) and then add your name as a registered guest. It should not present any problems this way.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Jul 11, 16, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
I had a BMG certificate that was lost during a move. I asked the Diamond Desk to reprint it and they said no. Once a BMG is delivered, that's it.

I remember seeing "non replaceable" on the certificate, but it stinks that it is gone for good.

Lesson learned. Protect them because Hilton won't replace them!
Old Jul 11, 16, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
I had a BMG certificate that was lost during a move. I asked the Diamond Desk to reprint it and they said no. Once a BMG is delivered, that's it.

I remember seeing "non replaceable" on the certificate, but it stinks that it is gone for good.

Lesson learned. Protect them because Hilton won't replace them!
Good advice and share but a very understandable policy. It will use a lot of resources to have to set up a system to track and correctly refuse "lost / replaced' certs and it will still be prone to errors.
Old Jul 11, 16, 4:36 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
Indeed, they seem to ship them via tracked courier for this reason - they're effectively cash.
Old Jul 11, 16, 8:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Good advice and share but a very understandable policy. It will use a lot of resources to have to set up a system to track and correctly refuse "lost / replaced' certs and it will still be prone to errors.
Mine came in an umarked, hand-addressed envelope. No tracking number attached.

How hard would it be to have the coupons applied to the HHonors account? Delta travel vouchers are always in your "wallet" on the website. Seems easier, and more efficient than mailing out vouchers. Then again, this is Hilton IT we're talking about.
Old Jul 11, 16, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
Hi bmrisko,

Good question. You should book the room under the name of the BMG (in this case, your wife's name) and then add your name as a registered guest. It should not present any problems this way.

Thank you!
Lauren
Thanks!

Search this Thread