Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hilton Beach Property

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I just returned from the Noga Hilton Cannes. I have stayed there before and been treated royally, but they surprised me once again. I have been Gold for many years, but found the joys of Priceline last year and am now only Silver. So, I was quite surprised that on a four night award stay I received the following. The Manager personally came around and introduced himself and advised me that I was being upgraded to a junior suite. Our breakfast was comped each day (normally 25 Euros per person) and one night we received a complimentary split of champagne on ice.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I just returned from the Noga Hilton Cannes. I have stayed there before and been treated royally, but they surprised me once again. I have been Gold for many years, but found the joys of Priceline last year and am now only Silver. So, I was quite surprised that on a four night award stay I received the following. The Manager personally came around and introduced himself and advised me that I was being upgraded to a junior suite. Our breakfast was comped each day (normally 25 Euros per person) and one night we received a complimentary split of champagne on ice.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am glad to hear this. I have a stay booked there starting next week for 4 nights. We are Gold, and was hoping that we would be treated well. I originally had booked a GLON, but decided we wanted to zip over to Italy for a couple days, so we were only going to use 4 nights. Hilton site had a great rate (now gone!) of 149/euro a night, but includes breakfast (which I guess we would have gotten free), plus beach mattresses (which I understand are somewhat pricey) . I am so excited, I can't stand it!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by luv2go
Not to hijack the thread, but I am glad to hear this. I have a stay booked there starting next week for 4 nights. We are Gold, and was hoping that we would be treated well. I originally had booked a GLON, but decided we wanted to zip over to Italy for a couple days, so we were only going to use 4 nights. Hilton site had a great rate (now gone!) of 149/euro a night, but includes breakfast (which I guess we would have gotten free), plus beach mattresses (which I understand are somewhat pricey) . I am so excited, I can't stand it!!
Well, as a Gold, you should still get breakfast free but the beach matresses are outrageous - 25 Euros plus per person (depending upon which row you choose)! So, we spent most of our sun time at the roof top pool. I've got a couple of great restaurant recommendations too, if you are interested (email or PM me).
Old Jun 16, 2004, 10:03 am

The Clearwater property is great. As mentiond above wide beaches, nice location. Hotel is a bit old, but the area is really nice.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:54 am

Need help with beach vacation...

I live in DC and my Girlfriend and I want to go on a 1 week beach vacation where we can just relax. We don't like big resorts and were thinking about the Carribean or Mexico. It does not have to be a Hilton property. We also are on a strict budget so we just need a no-frills place with AC, a great beach, and few people. Any location reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by uvajonw
I live in DC and my Girlfriend and I want to go on a 1 week beach vacation where we can just relax. We don't like big resorts and were thinking about the Carribean or Mexico. It does not have to be a Hilton property. We also are on a strict budget so we just need a no-frills place with AC, a great beach, and few people. Any location reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Please don't continue cross-posting this message in the specific hotel forums if they don't relate specifically to the hotel chains.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:26 pm

They do. I am Hilton Diamond and Starwood Platinum. I am willing to stay at either or neither during my beach trip. I lurk on both forums quite frequently and I value the opinions of the other members and assume that most people have experience beyond the company in each forum. Therefore I left my question open-ended. Please feel free to continue posting on my thread so that it gets more exposure and I hopefully get more feedback. Thank you.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines and Hilton Honors
Peaceful Beach

I always recommend Kauai for that type of trip. It's a quiet casual location with a great deal of things to do. The south tip of the island is pretty busy, but Hanalei Bay up north is the most pristine setting you have ever seen! I would highly recommend staying in Kapa'a because the resorts/hotels are less expensive and it's halfway between Poipu and Hanalei. There is a great ("Top 10 Municipal Golf Courses") golf course nearby and lots of other spectacular things to see and do (Napali Coast and Wiamea Canyon). I know it's not caribean but I give Kauai TWO BIG THUMBS UP!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:41 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
if you can wait till sept.-oct., you can snag a room at cancun hilton fot $89. as a diamond, you will be treated nicely.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I just got back from a weekend at the Hilton Los Cabos, and it was excellent. I'm Hilton Gold, and we got free breakfast with an ocean view room. Although it's a fairly large hotel it was relatively quiet and very relaxing. They have beach access right from the property, but the water was very cold. Since there aren't too many tourist-type sights, it's a perfect place to do nothing but sit by the pool, and watch whales (in the ocean) swim, jump, and play. There's always the eco-tourism stuff to do too.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:58 pm

Perfect FL beach Hilton?

As usual, we're doing things at nearly the last minute. I've read lots of posts about FL Hiltons - FLL ones seem to have shin-breaking rocks in the ocean, the Hilton Palm Beach Oceanfront got panned, Singer Island has seen better days, the Fountainbleau is so-so but has a decent beach, etc.

We want a beach that one can at least comfortably play around in and if was close to scuba diving, that would be lovely. Oh, and we want to go the last week of April. That seems to be the sticking point in a lot of cases. I thought spring break and Easter vacation would be finished by now!

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

techlady
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:06 pm

Marco Island. Not perfect but we've enjoyed our stays there.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 8:57 pm
Original Member

I agree, Marco Island.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:35 pm

Marco Island would be a good place to go.

As a Diamond last year in October, I was upgraded to a huge suite with a beautiful view of the Gulf.

In addition, the free continental breakfast buffet was excellent, and for a few bucks more, you get the hot items.

Going back to Marco again for the third year in row this October.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:42 am

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the advice! I'll put it to good use.

-techlady

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.