Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hilton Beach Property

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Hilton cancun was sold in 2011
It's the Iberostar now. We were just in Cancun and drove right by it... looks the same. It was mediocre when a Hilton if compared to nearby chain properties such as the two Marriotts down the street.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Any recent faves?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Always fancied Cocoa Beach in Floridxa, fancy having evening dinner & drinks at the excellent Coconuts on the Beach, watch a rocket launch and then walk up the beach back to the hotel...

But if your wanting awesome beach property there's the Conrad Rangali... heading back soon...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I won't submit this as "best in the world" or anything like that, but the Hilton Waterfront in Huntington Beach, CA is a nice, small, somewhat elegant Hilton right across the street from an excellent beach.

We were there last weekend. The hotel has a quiet, chill vibe to it as opposed to a big beach resort feel. It's something different, and also walking distance to tons of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. if you want more of a party scene.

I can see us returning to this one annually. Slightly out-of-season in February, but still great weather for everything short of actually swimming in the ocean.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I won't submit this as "best in the world" or anything like that, but the Hilton Waterfront in Huntington Beach, CA is a nice, small, somewhat elegant Hilton right across the street from an excellent beach.

We were there last weekend. The hotel has a quiet, chill vibe to it as opposed to a big beach resort feel. It's something different, and also walking distance to tons of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. if you want more of a party scene.

I can see us returning to this one annually. Slightly out-of-season in February, but still great weather for everything short of actually swimming in the ocean.
Glad you brought this up. Planning on heading down to Orange County next month for my wife's birthday and this hotel caught my eye. We'll be brining my 11month old son, so I was curious on different properties in the area for families with small children.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am rather fond of the HWF and stay there annually.

May stay there twice this year, as I got some rock bottom USA sports rates booked which are no longer available.

Upgrade availability is not great, not sure how that will change with the new all-suite tower. The booking page basically tells you to book the room type you want.

David
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TJMAC
Glad you brought this up. Planning on heading down to Orange County next month for my wife's birthday and this hotel caught my eye. We'll be brining my 11month old son, so I was curious on different properties in the area for families with small children.
Good-sized rooms, should be plenty of space for a crib or pack-n-play.

Easy/flat walking distance to beach and the town...about as stroller-friendly as it gets. Smallish pool area...we saw a few kids there during our stay. (Bigger kids, obviously...)

Seems like a good spot for you guys.

The "un-upgraded" room is still a pretty good partial ocean view room. There aren't really any *bad* rooms in the hotel...just better views on higher floors. And I'm sure the full oceanview suites are awesome: IIRC, they weren't priced much above a regular room, it's just that we were on a certificate award and couldn't easily upgrade it.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:42 pm

Good-sized rooms, should be plenty of space for a crib or pack-n-play.

Easy/flat walking distance to beach and the town...about as stroller-friendly as it gets. Smallish pool area...we saw a few kids there during our stay. (Bigger kids, obviously...)

Seems like a good spot for you guys.

The "un-upgraded" room is still a pretty good partial ocean view room. There aren't really any *bad* rooms in the hotel...just better views on higher floors. And I'm sure the full oceanview suites are awesome: IIRC, they weren't priced much above a regular room, it's just that we were on a certificate award and couldn't easily upgrade it.
Thanks! ^
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:14 pm

Oh, one other tip: due to construction of the new tower, I'd request a room facing north. That's what we had, and I didn't notice construction noise anytime we were in the room. Facing south, you'd overlook the job site and I expect it'd be somewhat noisy during the day.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:30 pm

I've actually never stayed at the HWF, but I'll go ahead and second the recommendation just because of the area. As a lifelong East-coaster (grew up on the Atlantic coast of Florida), Huntington Beach really clicks with me for some reason. Really like the town. I always feel strangely at home whenever I'm there, except the sun is setting on the wrong side of the water.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever

We are locals and have stayed here quite a few times. Always get a decent ocean view room as a diamond, sometimes ocean front. I do enjoy the hotel and the restaurant has usually been a good place to eat. Used to be a barman who did fun magic tricks. I ride my bicycle up to Huntington pier two or three times a week and I've been paying attention to Pacific City next door to the Hilton. Looks like there are some great restaurants in there, including in the food court. There's often something going on on Main Street half a mile north. Generally a fun area. Tons of bars and restaurants around and a great place just to hang out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.