Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Conrad Istanbul = Best Hilton Property in Istanbul for Suites

Conrad Istanbul

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Conrad Istanbul

Cihannuma Mahallesi, Saray Caddesi No:5 Besiktas Istanbul, TR 34353

Conrad Istanbul = Best Hilton Property in Istanbul for Suites (20 Photos)

Conrad Istanbul

Hilton has lots of choices in Istanbul and I previously read some discussion in the past on FT about which property is the best among them, particularly between Hilton Bosphorus, Hilton Bomonti, or Conrad.  I stayed at Bomonti a few years ago and the lounge was great, but the problem is the difficulty in receiving suite upgrades as Hilton Diamond which affects the value proposition for people who value suites.  I had not tried Conrad until now; based on my stay and I was quite happy about the beautiful suite with wonderful views of the city.  I can recommend this hotel and I will return. 

Room

I booked a Deluxe Bosphorus View which is the lowest room type eligible for Conrad Impressario benefits and received an upgrade to a Bosphorus Suite which is the third category of suites, above the Park Suite and above the Park Suite with Balcony.  This went exactly in line with my previous perception that Conrad is the best Hilton property for odds of suite upgrades.

I thought the hardware was very solid and good value for the money.  I expected a more aging hotel but the suite had nice hardwood floor in the living room (but carpet in bedroom), 1.5 bath rather than only one, and in the main bathroom there was a stand-alone shower rather than a shower in the bathtub.

2_IMG_2723.jpeg2_IMG_2724.jpeg3_IMG_2725.jpeg3_IMG_2726.jpeg3_IMG_2727.jpeg3_IMG_2729.jpeg2_IMG_2731.jpeg

Several hotels in Istanbul have great water views but Conrad is quite hard to beat especially from our 11th floor room.  We could see the Blue Mosque in the distance along with the city sky line and the sea.

1_IMG_2728.jpeg

Conrad did not cut out any amenities as a result of covid: we had shaving kits, dental kits, mouthwash, bathrobes, and there was even a pillow menu which is always great to help us sleep better.  The bathroom toiletries were the standard Shanghai Tang found in other Conrad hotels.

IMG_2732.jpeg

Despite the room being a bit hot in the afternoon if we left the curtains open due to the sun beaming straight in the large windows of the room, air conditioning worked well and we were comfortable during the night.  The main problem with the room was weak soundproofing as we could hear people talking in the room next to us.

Dining

Breakfast was offered in the main restaurant from 7am to 10:30am - this was definitely not the highlight of our stay and I thought breakfast was quite weak.  There were some hot dishes - everything was buffet-style behind a counter with staff to serve guests, unlike many other hotels we have been in Istanbul which had some kind of a la carte menu to go along the buffet, but not Conrad.  In addition, fruit selection was subpar.  Also service was not particularly impressive: we sat down and waited quite a while for someone from staff to come to our table but nobody came so I had to grab utensils and water myself even though it was early morning and there were almost no guests in the restaurant.  Someone eventually came to us but only after we had already started eating.1_IMG_2743.jpeg1_IMG_2744.jpegIMG_2745.jpegIMG_2746.jpeg

Happy hour was 6-8pm in the executive lounge.  Thankfully they did not cut out food options post-covid in the lounge: there were bite-size hot and cold choices but none of them were self-serve.  There were staff to serve what guests wanted and it was the same for beverages: drinks were available upon request but they did not want guests to pour themselves a glass or grab a bottle.  The lounge might not be as nice as it used to be on a high floor of the hotel, but there was seating outside on a terrace which can please some guests, in addition to the tables inIMG_2737.jpeg1_IMG_2738.jpeg1_IMG_2740.jpegIMG_2741.jpegIMG_2736.jpeg

Given that we booked the Conrad Impressario package we had 100 USD food & beverage credit included.  The in-room dining prices were quite reasonable relative to other similar hotels in the city and 100 USD gets you quite far.  At check-out the exchange rate they used was fair, unlike some hotels which take a significant haircut.IMG_2733b.jpeg1_IMG_2735.jpeg

Wifi

In many hotels in Istanful, wifi leaves to be desired based on standards elsewhere in the world, but at Conrad wifi worked very well with speeds of about 60 Mbps which is among the best I have seen in the city.

Overall

Overall I was pleased with our stay and for a hotel where you can often get a room for a bit above 100 EUR and not very different price from the 2 Hiltons, it is solid value.  In order to receive a suite with view I believe it might be necessary to book a room above entry level (= room with view), so in reality it cost around 150 EUR for the room we had, but nonetheless compared to suites we stayed in other hotels in Istanbul, Conrad’s offering is competitive for the price tag.

Conrad Istanbul = Best Hilton Property in Istanbul for Suites

Would you like to write a review on the Conrad Istanbul?

No, thank you.
Yes
UAuhoh, jongesander and Thepi like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Good to know about the lounge offerings being available. Trying to decide which hotel should I go to Turkey next month and if the lounge is open even if limited and not in the same space that would lean me toward the Conrad from Bomonti. That was a nice hotel but the lounge was a big selling point for me after those long days.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Checking in later and upgraded this morning to a park suite from a base room. Going to ask for a balcony room at check-in but I’m on a €60 per night airline rate so no complaints if I don’t succeed. My dad booked the same thing and is yet to be upgraded but we’ll ask at check-in as well.

edit: looks like because of the airline rate only one room could be upgraded. I gave my dad the suite so no big deal. The rooms at bomonti are newer and nicer but the lounge here being open makes a big difference. Great service and for €60 per night I can’t complain.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Oct 11, 2020 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exec Lounge

Anyone considering this hotel in the near future, double check the lounge.

Theres nothing written on Hilton.com (bait and switch) and they’re selling Exec rooms and Suites...

The lounge is only open between 6-8PM daily and outside these times nothing is provided in lieu of the lounge. Not even a coffee at the bar for eligible guests. You have to pay.

Very opportunist with the Gov ban on restaurants and bars in the city. Commercial decisions should not be confused with Corona measures.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hugolover

Theres nothing written on Hilton.com (bait and switch) and they’re selling Exec rooms and Suites...

The lounge is only open between 6-8PM daily and outside these times nothing is provided in lieu of the lounge. Not even a coffee at the bar for eligible guests. You have to pay.

Very opportunist with the Gov ban on restaurants and bars in the city. Commercial decisions should not be confused with Corona measures.
I shall be there shortly, BA-willing

The Hilton web-site says:The following services and amenities are available, but with reduced service: Executive Lounge, Fitness Center, On-site Restaurant(s), Pool, Room Service.

Which seems a fair, albeit short-hand description of the actualité you describe.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they are going to be tight on one thing, I'd expect it to be bevvies. But no coffee or tea? That's ridiculous. Occupancy has to be low which is why they shut the lounge during the day. I am not sure the lounge is fully shut, as their wording is very vague as to whether its at the bar or the lounge on the 1st Floor.

The same meaningless statements are across all Hiltons hotels right now, it can mean, full service at the bar or restaurant, or one drink voucher. A lot of hotels have no idea how to use the tick boxes and HGI's have got info like "no complimentary evening social" "no golf" "no pool" when they had none of that, nor is it part of the brand.

Brand standards are in the bin.

Marriott do this better, they actually explain whats going on and the hotels have done a much better job of keeping the standard, with the caveat of course, I mean Europe.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Grand Hyatt Istanbul seems to be handling it better than Conrad too, not only Marriott. The lounge at GH is closed, but guests can go to the hotel bar anytime to get soft drinks. In addition to happy hour of course...
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Bomonti lounge works as usual but is relocated to the restaurant area which I am used to and not bothered by. Usual softs during the day and tea time and happy hour. It's not difficult is it? Especially for a so-called premium hotel.
escape4 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by escape4
Grand Hyatt Istanbul seems to be handling it better than Conrad too, not only Marriott. The lounge at GH is closed, but guests can go to the hotel bar anytime to get soft drinks. In addition to happy hour of course...
Is JW Marriott's lounge worth it?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hugolover

2y
What are you talking about? The lounge is open from 3 pm to I do not know what time. Too relaxed to find out/speak to anyone. Happy hour is from 6 to 8 pm.
Offerings are good, vary each day, service is delightful. I definitely had a double espresso this afternoon at 4 pm served in Villeroy & Boch China.
​​​​​​
Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I'm talking about? That would be what Reservations told me by email. Perhaps on my dates it will be shut?

If its not from the horses mouth, then what can I believe?

Villeroy and Boch. I am writing this sitting on that.
Delectatio and fvn1312 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed here 2.5 weeks ago. Lounge hours was 6-8pm with drinks/food but you could stay and grab coffee until 9pm if I recall.
I remember trying to get in one afternoon and it was closed but it's possible they open at 3pm for coffee now.
Received excellent service and the food was ok given the situation.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by luxtravels
I stayed here 2.5 weeks ago. Lounge hours was 6-8pm with drinks/food but you could stay and grab coffee until 9pm if I recall.
I remember trying to get in one afternoon and it was closed but it's possible they open at 3pm for coffee now.
Received excellent service and the food was ok given the situation.
I can pretty much confirm this. Happy hour is now from 5-7pm (March 21), operating as a served buffet. Yes, it is open earlier for coffee and tea (but no cookies, cake or fruit). Service is nice, too. Bottom line, I’m very happy with it.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Dear Flyertalkers, a question. How is the outdoor pool at the Condrad? I am going to Istanbul for a weekend for the sole purpose of lounging by the pool and getting some sun. Is there a bar or anything at the pool? The pictures on Google map do not look appealing. I would especially appreciate an insight from those who stayed at both the Conrad and Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. I am currently booked at the latter, and they have a fantastic outside pool for a city hotel, but I've been staying there for so many years that would like to try something different. Thank you.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
There is a nice bar and F&B Service is available. There is also a nice area with tables and chairs where you can have a lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.