Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Are any of these remotely close to downtown or the airport?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which downtown? Which airport? Istanbul has no "downtown" per se, I would estimate that it used to have about 8 "centers" and now probably has about 15 (think of it like "L.A."), it also has two major airports with a third one being built. There are now about 20 Hilton hotels of various brands in and around Istanbul, including near both current airports and most "centers". It would really depend where you would need to be at.

Regarding the original Hilton, rumor has it that it will shortly be sold as its owner is seemingly selling all his holdings now.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:41 pm

True all. Old town and/or Ataturk Airport. We had the pleasure one time of flying in and out of the other one. What a haul that was.

Karen
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
To istanbul Ataturk you have the 'Garden Inn Ataturk Airport'. Also costs only 5k to stay or €35. They got a free shuttle also, links added under here.
In Bakirkoy you also have a Hampton which costs €44. Starting May 18th, also a Hilton coming in Bakirkoy.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:33 pm

How convenient is the Conrad to the touristic attractions? Based on Google maps it seems far.
Also, do they still give away the stuffed animal?
Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which touristic attractions? Istanbul has hundreds? You mean the stereotype classics, such as Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, etc?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:58 pm

We were there last spring and got no stuffed animals. Moreover, the lounge remains downstairs and was, when it was on the top floor, the main reason to stay there. When the lounge moved down, so did its food.

It is not far from the trolley (not walking distance though) which takes you to the spice market, Hagia Sophia, etc. There are young people who speak great English to help you buy your tickets. We stayed at Doubletree near the Hagia Sophia which is about 3 trolley stops from the sites AND a really nice neighborhood of small restaurants on the other side of the trolley tracks from the archeology museum. VERY short walk to dinner. No nice lounge or the like but the convenience was terrific.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
Which touristic attractions? Istanbul has hundreds? You mean the stereotype classics, such as Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, etc?
Originally Posted by Karen2
We were there last spring and got no stuffed animals. Moreover, the lounge remains downstairs and was, when it was on the top floor, the main reason to stay there. When the lounge moved down, so did its food.

It is not far from the trolley (not walking distance though) which takes you to the spice market, Hagia Sophia, etc. There are young people who speak great English to help you buy your tickets. We stayed at Doubletree near the Hagia Sophia which is about 3 trolley stops from the sites AND a really nice neighborhood of small restaurants on the other side of the trolley tracks from the archeology museum. VERY short walk to dinner. No nice lounge or the like but the convenience was terrific.
Yes I was referring to the stereotype classics hfly. Karen2 answered. Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
Just stayed there last week on a family suite for 54K points. Typical Conrad stay, nothing to complain about. Family suite was big enough for my family of four (me, wife and two toddlers 6 and 4 yrs old). They set up a sofa bed in a living room which works out fine. Buffer Breakfast in the restaurant was bit overcrowded but lounge was Okish. Very satisfied with the offerings during the tea (3-5 pm) and happy hour (6-8 pm), enough to fill you up esp if you don't want to go out with kids. Traffic was always nightmare. I took a taxi from hotel to go to Kabatas (main tram station) but was still in front of the hotel after 30 minutes. I got off from the taxi and start walking, took me like 30 minutes to get to the station. You can go to all the tourist locations from Kabatas by taking a T1 Tram. We were earlier staying in DT Serkeci so already saw all the touristy locations, we just move to Conrad to have some relax downtime.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Any recent stays? Is the lounge up or down? Does it have vires?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:53 pm

The top floor lounge is not coming back. When we found that out, we changed our reservation to another hotel. It about kills me because I loved it.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
That's too bad. It was one of the best lounges I've ever been to in terms of view. We might change our plans based on this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by banffflyr
That's too bad. It was one of the best lounges I've ever been to in terms of view. We might change our plans based on this.
Agree about the lounge view, the offerings were rather poor but the view compensated it.
The rooms, even after the renovation, were also not so special, and quite small.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Just stayed here for a 3 day visit. Booked 2 King Executive Bosporus View rooms, got both upgraded to King Bosporus View Suite. The property is very nice, great view from the room. The executive lounge is nice as well with a heated outdoor terrace. Granted there is no view, but that didn't really bother us. We went up to the bar on the 14th for pictures, the staff kindly let us in even though they only open in the evening. The food and drink selection for breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour was pretty good as well. For breakfast the lounge also includes a la carte orders. The staff was very warm and friendly always obliging our requests and making us feel welcome. I will definitely stay here again in the future.
The hotel is about 10 minutes walking distance form the Big Bus stop at the Naval Museum.

jongesander likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Stayed here in early Juli. Executive Lounge is closed. Instead they give you two drink vouchers for the Summit bar (house wine or soft drinks).

Breakfast was room service only. The GM emailed me breakfast is now served in the Executive Lounge and starting early August in the restaurant. The pool was open.

The Hilton Bosporus seems to have a better offering if the lounge matters for you. As per @Andriyko in the Hilton Bosporus thread:

"The lounge is closed but they provide limitless soft drinks via room service and one can request a plate of snacks and alcoholic beverages between 6pm and 8pm. I took the plate once for the photo opportunity but did not try anything, but it looked good. They also gave me drink vouchers for the bar which I forgot to use.
The voucher is good for a soft drink or house wine/beer."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.