Hilton Boston Back Bay {US-MA}

Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:28 am

With the $15 gold/diamond voucher, for breakfast, you get coffee, a croissant with excessive butter, a blueberry muffin and a fruit plate, though the fruit is slightly frozen. The cost is $16.05 with the tax.

Checkout is at 11am. I was told they aren't currently charging the $20 urban destination fee. This was in Aug 21.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
With the $15 gold/diamond voucher, for breakfast, you get coffee, a croissant with excessive butter, a blueberry muffin and a fruit plate, though the fruit is slightly frozen. The cost is $16.05 with the tax.

Checkout is at 11am. I was told they aren't currently charging the $20 urban destination fee. This was in Aug 21.

Is the restaurant open for a hot breakfast, and that the credit just didnt cover it? Or, is this literally it? I have a stay coming up in a couple of weeks and this is disappointing to see.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:03 pm

No, they had the full range of options. I think the full buffet was $25. I am cheap so I went with the $15 continental breakfast.

Without asking I was credited $16.05 a checkout, so I ended up paying nothing extra.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:50 am

Actually, it turns out that I wasn't credited $16.05 at checkout. I was charged the entire $16.05 amount to my credit card, and received no $15 credit in lieu of what was previously the free continental breakfast benefit, as a Diamond. I am now left to argue it out with the hotel, from a distance.

If I could do it again, I would vigorously interrogate the front desk at Hilton Back Bay during check out to ensure confirmation that the $15 credit had been applied. I would ask for proof in writing, with the credit clearly indicated. I would not walk away and assume what they told me verbally was actually true.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Actually, it turns out that I wasn't credited $16.05 at checkout. I was charged the entire $16.05 amount to my credit card, and received no $15 credit in lieu of what was previously the free continental breakfast benefit, as a Diamond. I am now left to argue it out with the hotel, from a distance.

If I could do it again, I would vigorously interrogate the front desk at Hilton Back Bay during check out to ensure confirmation that the $15 credit had been applied. I would ask for proof in writing, with the credit clearly indicated. I would not walk away and assume what they told me verbally was actually true.
The challenge with the credit is that the night auditors are adding them to the folios. If you have breakfast on the day of checkout, the desk agent has to manually credit you the benefit. Checkout via app wont credit you the benefit.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by sannmann
The challenge with the credit is that the night auditors are adding them to the folios. If you have breakfast on the day of checkout, the desk agent has to manually credit you the benefit. Checkout via app wont credit you the benefit.
I checked out at the front desk.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:56 am

I checked out at the front desk.
It sounds like the desk agent wasn't properly trained on the benefit then. As the night auditors are the ones generally posting them to the portfolios, they are the hotels' experts on the benefit. As I mentioned, this creates an issue if someone gets breakfast on their day of checkout.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:43 am

As indicated, if I could have done it again, I would have been quite adamant during check out to ensure that the credit had been applied. I would not have accepted the empty promise by the check-out clerk at face value. I would have asked for confirmation, in writing, and not left until it was received. Others can do as they wish.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:46 am

As indicated, if I could have done it again, I would have been quite adamant during check out to ensure that the credit had been applied. I would not have accepted the empty promise by the check-out clerk at face value. I would have asked for confirmation, in writing, and not left until it was received. Others can do as they wish.
Which just reinforces the point that guests are now forced to waste time and go through financial gymnastics because of this failed rollout.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Which just reinforces the point that guests are now forced to waste time and go through financial gymnastics because of this failed rollout.
Well, guests should submit feedback to Hilton on this issue, too. Hotels have to pay Hilton a set fee for every Diamond file opened; so, its in their interests to fix these issues soonest.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:17 am

Corrrection

Originally Posted by sannmann
Well, guests should submit feedback to Hilton on this issue, too. Hotels have to pay Hilton a set fee for every Diamond file opened; so, its in their interests to fix these issues soonest.

You are incorrect. Hotels must pay a fee to Hilton only for complaints that Hilton's Guest Assistance team (or Diamond Desk, etc) resolve. (Hotels even get a small number of 'freebies' but that isn't significant.) If somebody at Hilton decides to handle a case, they have the option of charging any compensation to the hotel or having Hilton pay it.

If the person taking the complaint sends it to the hotel for action (as they often do), there is no fee to the hotel. If the guest 'appeals' the hotel's decision, there is no charge to the hotel and Hilton pays any compensation out of its own pocket.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
You are incorrect. Hotels must pay a fee to Hilton only for complaints that Hilton's Guest Assistance team (or Diamond Desk, etc) resolve. (Hotels even get a small number of 'freebies' but that isn't significant.) If somebody at Hilton decides to handle a case, they have the option of charging any compensation to the hotel or having Hilton pay it.

If the person taking the complaint sends it to the hotel for action (as they often do), there is no fee to the hotel. If the guest 'appeals' the hotel's decision, there is no charge to the hotel and Hilton pays any compensation out of its own pocket.
Hilton Guest Assistance can see on the folio that that hotel had failed to apply the food and beverage credit and will either ask the hotel to adjust the folio or offer the guest another service recovery gesture.

Theres a very helpful Honors Representative here on Flyertalk that you can also send a message to, should you need assistance.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:30 pm

I was looking for a hotel in Boston and I liked this location but holy heck have you seen the recent trip advisor reviews? Has anyone been there recently, I'm wondering if it's really as bad as it seems?
HILTON BOSTON BACK BAY - Updated 2021 Prices & Hotel Reviews (MA) - Tripadvisor
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by disalex
I was looking for a hotel in Boston and I liked this location but holy heck have you seen the recent trip advisor reviews? Has anyone been there recently, I'm wondering if it's really as bad as it seems?
HILTON BOSTON BACK BAY - Updated 2021 Prices & Hotel Reviews (MA) - Tripadvisor
I has a 4 out of 5 rating... That said, the recent reviews seemed consistent with the experience Mrs isle-hawg and I had this week. We received an upgrade to a Panoramic view room without asking. Since this was a points stay, I did not have to pay the extra fees and got the credit of $32 a day for and food and beverage incidentals . Housekeeping comes every day, not that we used it for a two day stay - but not a given these days, and some may appreciate that. The location is great for many attractions that are in easy walking distance, as is many restaurant options.

There is no executive lounge currently, but those in US/Canada did little to nothing for me anyway.

The staff was friendly, we were able to check-in before noon. No complaints on my end.

I could quibble about lack of electrical outlets or room furniture selection/layout other than the bed but it would be just that. If I were to go back to Boston to see another game I would stay there again without hesitation.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:40 pm

does anyone has idea if the executive lounge is back at this time or they are gone forever? I'm planning to stay this again but if there is no lounge I'll likely stay with hyatt then

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.