Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Niagara Falls - Fallsview {CAN}

Embassy Suites Niagara Falls - Fallsview {CAN}

Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:58 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
If it is a weekend night, I wouldn't bet on the Fallsview upgrade. During the week your odds go way up. That said, if you will be quite upset if you don't get the Fallsview room, you should pay for it. You'll note the large price difference. If they can sell those rooms, they will. And people that want the view will pay for them. So it's totally luck of the draw (i.e. availability) if you hope for the upgrade.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:19 am

Programs: HHonor gold, AA, Delta, United
Thanks for all the replies! we will be arriving on Aug 8 which is a Monday, staying for 1 night, so I'm hoping it will not be too crowded there. I think I will stick with the Embassy Suite, crossing my fingers for the upgrade
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by iwls01
Thanks for all the replies! we will be arriving on Aug 8 which is a Monday, staying for 1 night, so I'm hoping it will not be too crowded there. I think I will stick with the Embassy Suite, crossing my fingers for the upgrade
Too bad you cannot arrive on a Friday or a Sunday. There are fireworks at 10 pm you can see from the Fallsview rooms. There is also a band playing by the falls on Sunday night.
We have stayed there recently and they do charge for upgrades. I really think you should get the fallsview room, call and ask to speak to the reservation manager and ask them if you can be upgraded to a room ending in 11. They are the best rooms. I would say that they are worth the upgrade. We prefer to be on the 15th or 16th floor as you can see both the Canadian & American Falls from 1511 or 1611. You also get a nice view of the falls from the Living Room window not just the Bedroom.

There is a nice Keg Restaurant on the 9th floor with a great view of the falls. You will get to eat breakfast in the restaurant as the facilities are shared by Hilton & the Keg.

I really think that you should pay for the upgrade, but be sure you are getting an 11 room.

The managers reception is limited to 2 drinks per room.

Enjoy!
Old May 2, 2006, 12:29 pm

Bumping to look for any recent experiences, particularly with regard to upgrades on award stays for Diamonds. My wife and I are looking at a Sunday night in August, and the only listed award room is for the 2 queen city view. Is this property still charging for fallsview upgrades?

Mike
Old May 2, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Stayed at ES (cityview room) Fallsview in July '05. Booked two rooms and both were very spacious and nice. If you do get a cityview room, request a high room as there is a band at the CopaCabana next door which plays very loud music until 11pm.

Reminder to non-Canada residents to save your original receipts and submit it to be reimbursed for GST tax. Total receipts must be a minimum of $200 in order to get the GST reimbursed. Current GST rate is 7%.

You can get a refund at the duty free shop at the border or you can mail it in when you return.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/nonresi...ividual-e.html
Old May 10, 2006, 2:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Based on this thread, just booked award night at this property in a couple months.

On June 1 it gets re-classified from a Cat 4 to a Cat 6 so I made sure to get my award reservation done before then!
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Hilton or ES in Niagara Falls ??

Mrs Anvil & I are going to the Chris Isaak concert in August and our dilemmas is whether to go Hilton or ES (or Starwood)...
... I know "search is my friend" which is how this thread cameup.

Im gold with both HH and *wood (and I'm getting double bonus for latter stays now) so thought would do a sat nite at one and a sun nite at other.

The Sheraton thread was basically split 50/50 between which to go to.

Any recent thoughts on the Hilton vs ES would be appreciated.

cheers
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Sorry also wanted to know if Sunday is generally a checkout day for most tourists so better chance of upgrades ?

As a side note: Chris Isaak tix arrived in mail yesterday ! Hootie Hoo !
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:06 am

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Advice on Embassy Suites Niagara Falls Snafu

We are staying in Niagara Falls for a couple of nights on vacation this week and have run into a bad error and snafu at the Embassy Suites Niagara FallsView that I need advice on.

I booked for my family a King Whirlpool FallsView Room at the Fallsview room rate. For those who have stayed in Niagara (or any city where one part of the hotel has a view of some sort) you pay a premium for a fallsview room.

To make sure that all would be okay when arriving I called and spoke to an operations manager 5 days prior to the stay who noted on our reservation a request for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite with a fallsview.

Upon checking in to the hotel...not only did we not have the upgrade (which happens sometimes...thats why I booked at least a King Whirlpool Fallsview Room) but they also put us into a regular CityView room!!!!

Talking to the night front desk manager did no good. The hotel was booked solid and they could not move us to the room type booked. The front desk manager was also very condescending and did not understand why I, My wife and daughters were extremely frustrated that we did not get the room typed booked at the property. (Also..it was midnight when we checked in...with 2 very young children and an exhausted wife...fresh from 10 hours of flying to Buffalo from Arizona...I was not about to invoke the option of having the Embassy Suites put us up in the Hilton Fallsview in Niagara...one can do that type of thing on a business trip when traveling alone...but when traveling with a family you just cannot drag them all over town)

I have a call into the Diamond Special Services to help on getting answers and solutions to how this error occurred and will also be speaking to the GM at the Embassy Suite Fallsview about this issue in the morning but need advice from fellow FTers on how I should handle this with the GM and later if needed with Hilton Corporate.

As a Diamond...what should I request for NOT getting the room type BOOKED (have hard copies of reservation) and being placed in a different lower cost room type at an Embassy Suites property? This is even more egregious in this case since we are at Niagara Falls and the whole purpose of booking a Fallsview room was to see the falls and not be placed in a City view room.

Also, if I do not get a satisfactory answer from the GM and proper compensation for this error, what should my next step be beyond the hotel GM and Diamond Special Services?

Last edited by capetown; Jun 26, 2006 at 3:27 am
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG
Sorry to hear of your plight

It's just plain wrong. I'm anxious to hear what the experts here have to say as I have a future stay at the same hotel (I'm only a gold though). Personally I'd be happy with the wrong room being for FREE until they could move us to the right room (and maybe enough points equivalent to what I would have earned for my entire reservation).

Good luck!

Last edited by Racefan6; Jun 26, 2006 at 8:18 am Reason: misspelling
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Ask to be Moved to the Sheraton Fallsview!

Originally Posted by Racefan6
It's just plain wrong. I'm anxious to hear what the experts here have to say as I have a future stay at the same hotel (I'm only a gold though). Personally I'd be happy with the wrong room being for FREE until they could move us to the right room (and maybe enough points equivalent to what I would have earned for my entire reservation).

Good luck!
Because of all the positive reviews on tripadvisor etc., I stayed once at the ES and was not impressed (on a point stay, not upgraded (ok), but not impressed with front desk attitude). I have also stayed at the Hilton which is literally a block away, and had a much better experience (nice upgrade, friendly staff, better complimentary breakfast). However, I can appreciate your predicament given that you are travelling with family. I would demand to be comped a comparible fallsview suite in another hotel if they are unable to honour your original booking. The best suites I have ever stayed in in Niagara Falls are at the Sheraton Fallsview - fantastic view, much better beds than either ES or Hilton, and very elegant decor. Snag one if you can!

SG
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:52 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
Recieved Credit For First night Snafu and Correct Room Second Night

All,

Wanted to update the couple of folks who responded to my OP that after a call from Diamond Services, the Embassy Suites did credit our stay for the first night where we did not recieve the room booked.

And for the second night as should be expected we were placed in the correct FallsView room we originally booked.

But you know, we never received an apology or sorry or anything from the
staff here...the GM never even bothered to return Diamond Services call. We will be out after our last night here (and back to the "real world"for the next part of our vacation--Toronto and NYC) but I need to warn as many other FTers about this property as possible. There have been far too many good reviews in the past about the Embassy Suites Fallsview in Niagara and thier performance is actually quite horrid.

With that being the case...what would you all reccomend as the best way for me to get the word out that reservations should be made at the Embassy Suites Fallsview with much trepidation?

Should I post a new topic or just add it into this topic so that anyone doing a search can be forewarned and advised to stay at the Hilton Fallsview and or the Shearaton or Marriott when visiting Niagara Falls, CA?

Also I chose the Emabassy Suites Fallsview property after many hours of research OVER the Niagara Falls Hilton and Marriott based on the excellent reviews many folks had posted on TripAdvisor. Thus be forewarned that as a frequent traveler you MUST take any hotel review or group of positive reviews on TripAdvisor with a large grain of salt.

Last edited by capetown; Jun 26, 2006 at 3:59 pm
Old Jun 26, 2006, 5:11 pm

I think that Hilton and the hotel have made amends. As for the future, I suggest that you post a review to Trip Advisor; write a letter to Conde Nest; etc.

Although it does not excuse the hotel, your very late time of arrival may have contributed tothe situation given that the hotel was full. Perhaps you/we could lobby Hilton to introduce the equivalent of Hyatt's 1-800-CHECK IN.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
One night comp, no appology seems pretty cheap

If I were the management of the hotel, I would comp the OP to a better room than originally booked (if possible) or at least provide a free dinner in addition to the comped first night. Most importantly of all, I would provide a written apology for the "mix up". All the more critical since the OP is a diamond.

Not sure why there is such a difference in opinions / reviews... either a lot of the clientelle that writes favourable reports on tripadvisor et al. have lucked out with the staff and management on the days they have been there, or the hotel has gone downhill recently. I had a stay in April that I would characterize as unpleasant.

Anyway... glad the OP had some level of resolution. Hope the rest of your holiday improves.

SG
Old Jun 26, 2006, 7:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Let me see if I have this straight:

1. The ES comp'ed your first night to atone for the snafu (not keeping your room set aside as you are a Diamond,) and moved you to the room you originally booked the second night and on.

2. The ES GM and desk staff ignored you and exhibited the exemplar for poor customer service.

3. You would like to warn others about the possibilities.

IMO, if I am reading your posts correctly, you have been compensated by the first night and the move to your booked accommodation.

The ES staff or GM tendering an apology under duress means nothing - it's like when you tell your child "LOUDER!" and the child responds "I SAID I'M SORRY!" Give it up: these people don't really care, are hopeless and may see the light only when occupancy drops and people book events away - that may not happen. Take your business elsewhere.

You have posted here with the full property name and abbreviations - anyone on FT searching for this property will be sure to see this thread and be aware of the potential pit-falls (no pun intended .)

Add your own posts to TripAdvisor etc. (and know TripAdvisor has been cited some times as a source of often bogus reviews posted by people with conflicts of interest.)

Let it go for the sake of enjoying your holiday and have a wonderful trip.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.