Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Modifying hotel reservation directly with hotel

Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, I modified my hotel reservation directly with the hotel (to remove 1 night from a 2 night reservation). The hotel emailed me a screen shot to show it has been changed, however, the reservation in the Hilton app is unmodified. It’s been several days, will they eventually synch?

I want the first night to be removed from the system as it was a friends and family rate
Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Which hotel?
:D! likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Which hotel?
a doubletree

P.s. their reservation software looks like it was built with Visual Basic and running on windows 98
Old Sep 22, 2023, 7:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Which hotel?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Call back?

Call Hilton?

Twitter DM.

No telling what their internal system shows. Usually when a property adjusts a reservation, it’s eligible for repricing at market rates.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I guess it could be the hotel uses a different back end system. Not sure if that's possible.

P.S we need to get the thread merging mod over on the QR forum
Old Sep 23, 2023, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Which hotel?
is this against corporate policy? I wouldn’t want them to get in trouble, I think they did it as a favour.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
is this against corporate policy? I wouldn’t want them to get in trouble, I think they did it as a favour.
They're not going to get in trouble, individual hotels have lots of leeway to modify or adjust reservations locally on their end over and above what the rate rules may technically allow.

In any event I don't think what specific hotel this is really matters IMO, if your reservation is still showing 2 nights online then about the only thing you can do is call the hotel again and double check.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
They're not going to get in trouble, individual hotels have lots of leeway to modify or adjust reservations locally on their end over and above what the rate rules may technically allow.
Rule #1 on these rates: "Eligible Team Members and their authorized family / friends must each log in at the Go Hilton booking site with their own Hilton Honors sign-in and password to manage their own reservations".
Not that someone on property cannot make/modify/cancel a F&F rate, but you are not supposed to.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 12:39 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a question regarding modifying a reservation made with points. Please move to another thread if it doesn't belong here.

I booked a standard room for 3 nights on points and would like to shorten to 2 nights by removing/canceling the last night. The hotel seems to be sold out for those nights so they aren't showing any rooms on points available, only 2 room options (1 of which is the standard room I have booked) are showing as diamond guarantee with very high cash rate which I'm obviously not interested in. I doubt if I cancel my reservation the full 3 nights will go back into inventory as standard award for me to grab back the first 2 so I'm hesitant to do that.

Can I call Hilton to just cut off the last night and refund me those points? Or do I need to do call the hotel to do that? Or is neither one an option and I'm stuck keeping it at 3 nights?
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a question regarding modifying a reservation made with points. Please move to another thread if it doesn't belong here.

I booked a standard room for 3 nights on points and would like to shorten to 2 nights by removing/canceling the last night. The hotel seems to be sold out for those nights so they aren't showing any rooms on points available, only 2 room options (1 of which is the standard room I have booked) are showing as diamond guarantee with very high cash rate which I'm obviously not interested in. I doubt if I cancel my reservation the full 3 nights will go back into inventory as standard award for me to grab back the first 2 so I'm hesitant to do that.

Can I call Hilton to just cut off the last night and refund me those points? Or do I need to do call the hotel to do that? Or is neither one an option and I'm stuck keeping it at 3 nights?
hotels cannot modify a points reservation. calling hilton reservations will be the answer, although the question is can they without a potential points re-pricing.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 1mileman
hotels cannot modify a points reservation. calling hilton reservations will be the answer, although the question is can they without a potential points re-pricing.
While at one time that was the case in OnQ, with the new system PEP, you can modify a points reservation. But... while the property can potentially modify the dates of stay, the member still needs to reach out to HH to make sure the corresponding number of points are returned to their account. This can definitely be done, but you really need to make sure that the HH rep. you speak with follows up on their end of the deal.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by 1mileman
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
While at one time that was the case in OnQ, with the new system PEP, you can modify a points reservation. But... while the property can potentially modify the dates of stay, the member still needs to reach out to HH to make sure the corresponding number of points are returned to their account. This can definitely be done, but you really need to make sure that the HH rep. you speak with follows up on their end of the deal.
Thank you. Will reach out to Hilton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.