Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Final 2023 promo (6 September-31 December)

Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Promo: Earn 3X points in select cities around the world.

Earn 2X point on all other stays. Requires registration: Hilton Honors Multiply Your Points Promotion

Offer valid for stays completed September 6 - December 31, 2023.

Here's the full list of 3X eligible properties. Or if you prefer: Hiltons list imported into Google Maps. The import was not fully verified for accuracy; so the map should be used at your own discretion and risk.

Print Wikipost

Final 2023 promo (6 September-31 December)

Old Aug 31, 2023, 7:42 am

[QUOTE=aww3583;35508390]Alphabetized list of properties in North America participating in the 3x points promotion. 1051 in total.Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton

Too bad this list was not on a map!
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
[QUOTE=Northeaster01;35543459]
Originally Posted by aww3583
Alphabetized list of properties in North America participating in the 3x points promotion. 1051 in total.Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton

You do realize that it was a poster here that compiled this list by himself, by hand, to help the rest of us, right? If there's a city you never heard of, you can look it up on a map yourself. And if you know the places, you should know whether you want to go there or not. And if it's the various locations within an area, just then go look at the Hilton website map view of that place to see the relative location of the hotels.

I'm really grateful Awww took the time to do this at all.
SPN Lifer, as219, sallyerd and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
[QUOTE=Eujeanie;35543626]
Originally Posted by Northeaster01

You do realize that it was a poster here that compiled this list by himself, by hand, to help the rest of us, right? If there's a city you never heard of, you can look it up on a map yourself. And if you know the places, you should know whether you want to go there or not. And if it's the various locations within an area, just then go look at the Hilton website map view of that place to see the relative location of the hotels.

I'm really grateful Awww took the time to do this at all.
Appreciate the shout out. Must admit... "took the time to do this all" was approximately 30 seconds. Copy from website. Paste into Excel. Click "Sort A-to-Z". Copy from Excel. Paste into Flyertalk.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: HH D
What I find really disappointing about Hilton is that there are numerous hotels on their 3X list that no longer exist, such as Conrad Chicago, Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall and Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport/Burlingame. Apparently they could care less about correcting that list.

Ha! They do care to read this forum!
:D! likes this.

Last edited by Sisosig; Sep 2, 2023 at 5:23 am
Old Aug 31, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
[QUOTE=aww3583;35544137]
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Appreciate the shout out. Must admit... "took the time to do this all" was approximately 30 seconds. Copy from website. Paste into Excel. Click "Sort A-to-Z". Copy from Excel. Paste into Flyertalk.
To an old tech dinosaur like me, it's like saying "oh yeah, I split the atom, but it was nothing".
sallyerd and Freetotravel like this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Northeaster01
It is not really that hard.
  1. Open Excel.
  2. Type 'Americas' in cell A1.
  3. Go to the Hilton promo page, select and copy the Americas column.
  4. Paste it into Excel, cell A2, using Shift+Ctrl+V (= without formatting)
  5. 'Save as' the workbook in a CSV format.
  6. Go to Google My Maps (this step asumes you have a free google identity)
  7. Create a new map.
  8. Rename it to 'Hilton 3X promo hotels'; add a sensible description.
  9. In the nameless layer, import your CSV. The CSV only has one column (Americas) so select: continue > finish.
  10. The layer will now be called 'Americas.csv'. But some locations won't be recognized. Luckily these can easily be edited, because they will be put on top of the list.
  11. Open the table, repair those locations one by one.
  12. For example: type ", Anaheim" after 'Suncost Park Hotel' and it will be fine.
  13. Rename 'The Drake' in 'The Drake Chicago'
  14. Rename Umbral in 'Umbral, Curio Collection by Hilton, Mexico'
  15. Edit "Hilton Garden Inn Valencia at Six Flags"; remove "at", then add ", California" or Google will place it in Spain.
  16. If a hotel name is spelled perfectly, but still Google cannot find it: add a new row > type the correct name in the new row > it will be found now.
  17. Remove the row that did not get recognized.
  18. Finally - this is going to take much more time - check your map for obvious errors, hotels that are way beyond the 3X promo areas.
You'll notice a handful of false place markers, only because the list that Hilton supplies does not contain 'State' information. And without that, even Google gets confused.
  1. Find 'Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth' on the map, near Detroit.
  2. Resettle it by adding in the table: ", Massachussets".
  3. Find Hampton Inn Covington near Atlanta. Atlanta is not a 3X market. Rename that one: Hampton Inn Covington, Louisianna. Notice it move on the map towards New Orleans.
  4. In Vermont, find Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington; add the right State to that name: ", Ontario". Toronto is a 3X area.
  5. Find 'The Inn at Saratoga' near Albany, NY. Rename it 'The Inn at Saratoga, CA 95070' (California appears to have two, you want the one in the Bay Area.)
  6. From Washington, Pennsylvania, relocate Hampton Inn Washington to the D.C. Area.
  7. From Lancaster, Pennsylvania, relocate Homewood Suites Lancaster to California.
Just 25 simple steps, and there's your map!
SPN Lifer, cfischer, DELee and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I like this promo. Rebooked from Marriott for next week to get 3x in NYC. Madrid in October is only 2x but Munich in November is 3x again. Much better than the Marriott offering
Old Sep 3, 2023, 5:30 am

Still working on an interactive map, but this is how it looks for Northern America. The markets that will credit tripple points are:
  • Seattle.
  • Portland.
  • San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Northern Monterey Bay.
  • Los Angeles (from Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys until Long Beach / Anaheim).
  • San Diego and cities North up to Oceanside.
  • Las Vegas + Kingman, AZ / Lake Havasu, AZ.
  • Greater Dallas, but not Fort Worth.
  • Houston, Galveston Island
  • New Orleans (across Lake Pontchartrain included).
  • Orlando.
  • Greater Washington DC Area.
  • New York City.
  • Boston area.
  • Chicago and surrounding cities within Illinois.
  • Toronto + neighbors.
  • Montreal (City only)
  • Mexico City.

3X markets in Northern America.

After zooming in the Bay Area would look like this. But I'm still trying to find out if there's an automitic way to better display names like "Hilton Garden Inn Palo...", "Hilton Garden Inn Fremo...". And maybe Hilton will come up with a map of their own, hopefully.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
[QUOTE=aww3583;35544137]
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Hey! Don't be so modest... it would've taken me 2 or 3 tries as I bumbled about bringing up Excel and making assorted typos and back-spacing LIKE I JUST DID TO TYPE THIS SIMPLE OLE' message of Thanks to you :-)
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:57 pm

MAPS anybody!!! ... MAPS anyone???

Hello Madam, Sir, would you like a map of this promo?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...C0&usp=sharing
The _Banking_Scot and the810 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 10:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Hyatt LT Glob, Mrtt LT P, Hilt LT Dmd, IC Amb, Acc P, GHA Tit, Sixt/Av/Hrtz Dmd/Pres
I have a question (which has probably been answered elsewhere, but I cannot find it) - my excellent travel agent booked two rooms (Impresario rate) in my name (my buddy stayed in the other room, but both rooms were booked under my HH account and paid with my card).

I got all the promo points on one room (plus the 1,000 MyWay Bonus), but for the other room, I "only" got the base points and the diamond bonus.

Is this correct?

When I look at the T&C of HH, I find this, which sounds like the second room should also have gotten all the bonus points?

https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-hon...rual-of-points

A Member may earn Base Points for up to four rooms per stay ("Earning Rooms") if all eligible charges for Earning Rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on Earning Rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for Earning Rooms.

Would be roughly an additional 100k points if the second room should also earn full bonus points (including the 2x impresario bonus, which was also booked for the second room).

Thank you for your advice.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have it transferred to all on one folio? Or did you have two? If the latter, it's working like you've found in my experience.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:15 pm

A Member may earn Base Points for up to four rooms per stay ("Earning Rooms") if all eligible charges for Earning Rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on Earning Rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (20%, 80% or 100%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through double or triple Base Point promotions, will apply to the total Base Point credit earned for Earning Rooms.
Aren't you quoting the T&C for the regular 2X and 3X Points room rates? Your assumption would be correct if the rooms you booked were both on a 3X Points rate. But as far as I know an Impressario rate can only be based on a 1X BAR-rate. And I think a promo is limited to one room only when you book multiple rooms. (Not 100% certain about that.)
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, Hyatt LT Glob, Mrtt LT P, Hilt LT Dmd, IC Amb, Acc P, GHA Tit, Sixt/Av/Hrtz Dmd/Pres
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Aren't you quoting the T&C for the regular 2X and 3X Points room rates? Your assumption would be correct if the rooms you booked were both on a 3X Points rate. But as far as I know an Impressario rate can only be based on a 1X BAR-rate.
What are "regular" 2x/3x vs. "irregular" ones? The 2x/3x are from the promotion mentioned in this thread. The wording in the T&C doesn't seem to exclude this type of promotion, and I couldn't find anything in the T&C of the promotion itself that would indicate that.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:41 pm

"Regular" or standard 2X Points Package rates, are rates that any Hilton Honors member can book, at any time of the year, as long as a hotel is offering such a rate. (I don't see 3X Points rates being offered that much anymore.) Such rates are not part of a seasonal promotion. It makes sense that when you book two rooms, both on a 2X (3X) Points Package rate, you will receive double (triple) points for both of them, because you paid extra for those points.

Promotional offers are limited to one room only, is what I think, but I am not 100% certain about it and I couldn't find any recent promo T&Cs to demonstrate that this thought is right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.