Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Final 2023 promo (6 September-31 December)

Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Promo: Earn 3X points in select cities around the world.

Earn 2X point on all other stays. Requires registration: Hilton Honors Multiply Your Points Promotion

Offer valid for stays completed September 6 - December 31, 2023.

Here's the full list of 3X eligible properties. Or if you prefer: Hiltons list imported into Google Maps. The import was not fully verified for accuracy; so the map should be used at your own discretion and risk.

Print Wikipost

Final 2023 promo (6 September-31 December)

Old Aug 21, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
This promo seems to be more based on promoting travel to certain large city greater metropolitan areas. Because this is for after the typical family travel season of summer, I think the point of this promo is to help those areas where business travel has not fully rebounded and fortunate for me its includes those respective airport hotels as well as the more far flung suburban areas in those greater metro areas.
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
And not that everyone is clamoring to go to Aptos (near Santa Cruz, CA), but it's listed above as being in Oregon.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: HH D
Sorry, mixed it up with Astoria, OR, thinking that one is in the Portland corner of Oregon, with Portland and vicinity being in the 3X-promo range.
Yesterday I also determinded that Houston/Pasadena should better be filed under TX, not CA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Sorry, mixed it up with Astoria, OR, thinking that one is in the Portland corner of Oregon, with Portland and vicinity being in the 3X-promo range.
Yesterday I also determinded that Houston/Pasadena should better be filed under TX, not CA.
YOU did that whole list by hand??? I thought you just pushed a couple of buttons and things happened - like going from two-sided to one-sided on your printer!

The only reason I even noticed was because I live in Oregon and looking to see if there was anyplace I could squeeze in for a weekend or something.

And neither the Hampton Inn in Astoria nor the one in Hood River made the 3x cut, unfortunately.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 9:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
And neither the Hampton Inn in Astoria nor the one in Hood River made the 3x cut, unfortunately.
Looks like targeted cities, and outside of that nothing. Entire states without any properties. Even within the targeted areas, not all of the co-named properties are there. Portland-Sherwood HI (meh) isn't on the list.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:22 am

YOU did that whole list by hand??? I thought you just pushed a couple of buttons and things happened.
I first tried using Bing AI Chat, which almost worked as you described. I asked the chat robot: "Could you get me the ZIP code of these hotels please? <+small list>" My idea was: this way they can be grouped together, based on location. And it would work, just could sit back and see it happen! However after each three ZIP codes found (which took about 10 seconds) it chatted "Do you want me to continue?" Then after a couple of minutes it said: "Your time is up for the day."
SPN Lifer, Eujeanie and the810 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:44 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by aww3583
I dont disagree, but these frequent double points promotions is why were ending up with 60k point minimum rates for Hampton Inns nowadays.
I doubt it. These promos probably aren't that well know by the typical traveler. The reason you are getting 60k points for a Hampton is because cash rates have gone up significantly and they can probably get almost $300/night for that Hampton.
the810 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Multiply your points fall promo

I didn’t see this posted yet, please feel free to ignore or remove in case I missed it, but received an email to sign up for the fall promo (September 6 - December 31). If offers double points everywhere and triple points in select cities/markets.

I don’t believe this is targeted, seems to be the fall promo for everyone

link to those cities below, it’s pretty comprehensive though it’s mostly large cities so those who travel to small towns this won’t be much help.

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/2...points/hotels/

Seems like a solid promo, don’t see any restrictions, it seems to kick in immediately (no after second stay provisions) and goes through the holidays.

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 23, 2023 at 3:00 pm Reason: Removed unnecessary, personalized part of link
Old Aug 23, 2023, 1:21 pm

Not amazing....but better than nothing
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:42 am

Was really hoping for double night to maintain diamond.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:59 pm

I was thinking that award stays will earn nothing with this promo, but maybe I'm wrong...if I have an award stay where I get 1000 bonus points just for being Diamond (according to My Preferences), will that 1000 be doubled or tripled?

And if I'm on an award stay and have incidental spend - restaurants, etc., - will those points be doubled or tripled?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
if I have an award stay where I get 1000 bonus points just for being Diamond (according to My Preferences), will that 1000 be doubled or tripled?
No, the 1,000 bonus points won't be double or tripled.

And if I'm on an award stay and have incidental spend - restaurants, etc., - will those points be doubled or tripled?
Yes, you will get promotional points for the incidental spend.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I was thinking that award stays will earn nothing with this promo, but maybe I'm wrong...if I have an award stay where I get 1000 bonus points just for being Diamond (according to My Preferences), will that 1000 be doubled or tripled?

Unlike other chains, Hilton rarely differentiates between paid and award stays for its promotions. This has been true in the past with promos earning fixed points per award night/stay as well with no incidentals.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Unlike other chains, Hilton rarely differentiates between paid and award stays for its promotions. This has been true in the past with promos earning fixed points per award night/stay as well with no incidentals.
Yes I know, and I find that very generous of them. However, since this one is a multiple of spend, if you are on a points stay you will get nothing except a multiple of incidental spend. In my case all my stays this Fall are on points (and I want to keep them that way for economic reasons), so I'm ok with getting nothing. I just asked to be sure. In the Spring I have many paid stays so hopefully the next promotion will benefit me more.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 1:02 am

But how about junk fees? If a daily junk fee includes $20 food/beverage credit, will it earn points? (I mean the whole junk fee, not just the restaurant part.) Because normally you would get 2X or 3X for your restaurant visits. Or should the junk fee (and what it gets you) be considered as a gift from the hotel to you, like a 'free breakfast' that also won't get you any points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.