Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Discussion for Hilton Honors Hotels in Maldives {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Due to our recent interest in a family vacation to the Maldives, I have conducted extensive research and compiled the results into a table for easy reference. Hope it's useful for those needed.

eyeballer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:09 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
WA is 150k now??? I thought 120k was the max standard reward. oh man...
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
WA is 150k now??? I thought 120k was the max standard reward. oh man...
Yes, it is indeed 150K and very few rooms are available.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This is a very useful resource, whiteniao. Thank you for providing it.

I have one suggestion: please switch the orientation of the chart to have the hotel and resort properties at the top instead of on the side. This way, the columns will be fewer, resulting in them being wider and easier to read.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
This is a very useful resource, whiteniao. Thank you for providing it.

I have one suggestion: please switch the orientation of the chart to have the hotel and resort properties at the top instead of on the side. This way, the columns will be fewer, resulting in them being wider and easier to read.
Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I'll see if I can further improve the table.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:44 am

Useful chart, thank you very much!
Not sure if anyway to do this without visiting each island but a comparison on the beaches / house reef quality / snorkel ability / free excursions if any / natural beauty of the island / busy with other boats passing, etc... would be nice to somehow include those type of factors.

I am still most drawn to the Conrad because it is on a natural (not man made island) and there seems to be much more natural beauty on the property, the most remote, no other boats passing by, no light pollution, etc... Even though there is no denying the WA has the best hard product with vastly superior base rooms.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: United Mileage plus & Alaska airlines
Very nice chart!

I assume these points are per night. Does anyone stay more than one or two nights in the Maldives? Holy moly! Also, the cost to get to the place from the airport-is that round trip or one way?

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 25, 2023 at 10:02 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by lawgator
I assume these points are per night. Does anyone stay more than one or two nights in the Maldives? Holy moly! Also, the cost to get to the place from the airport-is that round trip or one way?
Yes lots of us do I have 7 nights at the WA coming up for my honeymoon in January.

The prices listed are return in this case - but worth noting excludes taxes which in the case of the WA is a smidge over 27%
Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: United Mileage plus & Alaska airlines
Congrats on the honeymoon! Wow that's like over 700,000 pts!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by lawgator
Congrats on the honeymoon! Wow that's like over 700,000 pts!
Thank you mate! Just need to get through the wedding planning and day itself first I was lucky enough to find a straight 5 block so I got the 5th night free. Ended up coming to 900k points
​​​
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by whiteniao
Thank you for your helpful suggestions.
I'll add another suggestion...could all the Maldives threads be moved to their own forum far, far away so the majority of us who have no interest in them don't have to scroll through 100 threads on these properties a day? Or better yet, just a single forum, "Really expensive islands where you go to sit on a beach and get fleeced". Then Maldives properties could be joined with Koh Samui, Seychelles, etc. Thanks!

Also, in case anyone plans to respond to the above with a retort of "Why did you click on this thread, then?" it is because I was hoping, praying that all the Maldives threads were being consolidated into one...
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:08 am

I think many will find the thread quite useful
Maldives are an aspirational stay in the "points" world as people think the return on their points is of high value there.

In your point of view, that thought process may be flawed given the outrageous cost of transfers to get to the property, the meals, the drinks, the excursions, etc... all for a place you are cannot leave and at their mercy.
But in part this comparison chart and hopefully future comments can bring those extra charges to light in terms of apples to apples comparison.

Not to go way off topic but what aggravates me most in regard to Maldive is blog posts or Youtube videos where they list top 10 attractions or top 10 things to do on the Maldives with a list of things on specific resorts.
The reality is you go to one island/one resort maybe 2 during a Maldives vacation and that is all you see. There is also usually zero local culture, zero local food, etc...
There are local islands but they are not yet established for tourism so rarely visited and not pristine like the resort islands.
That does differ it from the other places you mention like the Seychelles or Koh Samui
It is a flawed location in that regard but the beautiful beaches, and water, sunny weather along with the safety and privacy of a deserted island has obvious appeal.
Old May 6, 2023, 4:10 pm

Cost/ time/hassle of getting to the various Maldives Hilton properties from MLE?

Has anyone recently researched the cost / time / hassle of getting to the various Hilton properties in the Maldives after landing at MLE airport?
Old May 6, 2023, 8:59 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Check hotel specific threads for more help and potential contacts at the hotels to help you.

It is not cheap at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.