Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

reinstate expired hilton points questions

reinstate expired hilton points questions

Old Feb 28, 23, 3:31 pm
Original Poster
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 132
reinstate expired hilton points questions

I have 200K Hilton points expired recently. After talking to the CS, they said they can reinstate 20% of the 200K(40K points) as courtesy. I have two questions though.
(1) Can I still buy back the rest 80%(160K) after they reinstate 20%(40K)? I noticed the Hilton web site says we only allow for reinstate request for one time, I am not sure if the 20% reinstatement they do disqualifies me to reinstate the rest 80% by buying points back?
(2) If I can still buy the rest 80%(160K points) back, how much will I need to pay? Hilton web site says we pay $250 straight fee for anything above 100K. Willl this still be the case if I do step (2) after step (1) is done? If that's the case, then I should have to pay $250, right?

I am just not confident in what the CS says and want to double check in this forum. Anyone has done this recently? I appreciate if you can share your experience. Thanks.
popomama is offline  
Old Feb 28, 23, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Posts: 15,420
Any recent reports will probably be here:
The Definitive “HELP! My Hilton Honors Points Have ALREADY Expired!” Thread
jerry a. laska is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.