Wiki Posts
Search

Will I get free breakfast?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Will I get free breakfast?

Hi all

staying at Waldorf Orlando. Booked through BA holidays. Will I have any chance of getting breakfast benefits for Goldcard I hold through Credit card membership?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wantmymoneyback
Hi all

staying at Waldorf Orlando. Booked through BA holidays. Will I have any chance of getting breakfast benefits for Goldcard I hold through Credit card membership?
In the USA no free breakfast. You will get a food & beverage credit daily for your Gold status. If 2 or more people you will get 2 credits a day. Can't remember how much the credit is for Waldorf hotels. You charge your breakfast to your room and they will deduct the amount of the credit from the charge at billing. There is a thread dedicated to the credit. And hope hotel applies it properly.

I missed the part about booking site used. The above is still true if entitled to the benefits. But as booked on a 3rd party site you will get no benefits unless the hotel deems they want to give them to you anyways. Probably no stay or night credit either or points earned either.

Last edited by Baze; Dec 2, 2022 at 4:25 pm Reason: add extra info
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Hi all

Mention your gold status immediately when checking in.

You should get $25x2 people food credit.

Breakfast at Waldorf is good.

If you're going to Disney the hotel can get you in a little early.
jalves likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
Mention your gold status immediately when checking in.

You should get $25x2 people food credit.

Breakfast at Waldorf is good.

If you're going to Disney the hotel can get you in a little early.
Check for reciprocal benefits at the attached Signia. Breakfast at the Signia is strong value for the money.

Breakfast at the WA is at Oscar's. The continental (cold) buffet is $26 per person. The hot buffet is $38 per person. Most menu items are $22-$28. Your daily credit as a HHonors Gold member is $25/day/person. Coffee, juice, soda will run $6 - $10 ea.

If you're in a hurry, or into lighter fare, your credit should be usable at Zeta in the Signia hotel. Zeta has grab-n-go pastries, sandwiches, and fruit.

Like the previous poster said, if you're going to Disney, link your WA reservation to your Disney account and you'll have access to the "Extra Magic Hours" which gets you into the parks 30-60 minutes before everyone else. Granted, this privelege is extended to all Disney resort guests, so don't expect the lines to be empty, they'll just be shorter (relatively speaking).

The Signia pool (and possibly the WA pool) is under renovation through the end of the year.
Pittie Pup likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Never booked through BA holidays but pretty sure that is considered a third party and no gold F&B benefits will apply.
craigthemif and Cymro like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Never booked through BA holidays but pretty sure that is considered a third party and no gold F&B benefits will apply.
that was really my main question. BA holidays is British Airways Holidays. So yes a tour operator.

No chance they honour the status?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
that was really my main question. BA holidays is British Airways Holidays. So yes a tour operator.

There's always a chance if you ask them nicely. But the rules say no.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

Are you actually a Hilton Honors Gold member? Not sure when you say "Goldcard" status what that means - there are a couple of credit cards that do give you that status, the American Express Surpass gives Gold, the American Express Aspire gives Diamond.

If your "Goldcard" gives you that Hilton status, which should be on your Hilton account, you should get the benefit.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold

This has come up a couple of times before - BA Holidays is definitely considered a third-party and not a direct booking, so by the rules you aren't entitled to breakfast. There are reports however of status benefits such as breakfast and upgrades being honoured but if they say no you can't really argue. Pretty much guaranteed no points or nights/stay credit. So in short, I think the answer is maybe.

I've had no experience of BA Holidays booking, but one time our corporate TA put a reservation through booking.com instead of the usual GDS at a UK property I did get all the diamond benefits, but no points/stay credit. After being offloaded from a Malaysia Airlines flight which went tech a few years ago and sent to Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 again upgraded and given lounge access, and no points/stay credit.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:27 am

I'll highjack this thread to ask my question. I also have a HH Gold Membership through my Amex Card. Now I've booked a prepaid rate via the Amex Travel Agency for the quin in NY. Is this also considered an 3rd party booking? So I can ask politely and hope for some benefits, but they are not guaranteed?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:28 am
Suspended

This is why I told you to mention your status as soon as you give them your name. Before they even bring up the reservation.

There's a chance they'll process your status benefits if you do.
kravudin likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond

I can confirm that on a stay I booked through Amex FHR the benefits were recognized and applied. But on multiple Hotwire bookings the status benefits were not applied. I didn't expect the Hotwire bookings to allow for status benefits. But I was pleasantly surprised that the Amex FHR allowed for it. I asked the front desk associate if this was correct, just to ensure I wasn't going to charge items in anticipation of credits being applied that in the end wouldn't. They stated that Amex FHR is different from the other third party companies, as they have an agreement and specific program in place with FHR.

Doesn't hurt to call the property to clarify.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I agree with everyone mentioning that you are a gold member upon check in. That might be enough to get the meal credit.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by kravudin
I'll highjack this thread to ask my question. I also have a HH Gold Membership through my Amex Card. Now I've booked a prepaid rate via the Amex Travel Agency for the quin in NY. Is this also considered an 3rd party booking? So I can ask politely and hope for some benefits, but they are not guaranteed?
I think that the Quin is actually a Hilton Grand Vacations location, in which case I do not think they give any benefits even when you book direct with the hotel/hilton website. Now if you booked this as an FHR and Amex lists specific benefits "ex. 100 credit", then you would certainly get the Amex benefits.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by kravudin
If this is an AMEX FHR prepaid booking then people have had mixed results obtaining HH benefits and points; but my understanding is it should be eligible for HH benefits and points. If it is an AMEX THC prepaid booking then it is not eligible for benefits or points. See this thread (and threads linked within):
Elite recognition and points when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts?
See also:
AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts breakfast
Amex Hotel Collection + Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by MarcD
This has come up a couple of times before - BA Holidays is definitely considered a third-party and not a direct booking, so by the rules you aren't entitled to breakfast. There are reports however of status benefits such as breakfast and upgrades being honoured but if they say no you can't really argue. Pretty much guaranteed no points or nights/stay credit. So in short, I think the answer is maybe.

I've had no experience of BA Holidays booking, but one time our corporate TA put a reservation through booking.com instead of the usual GDS at a UK property I did get all the diamond benefits, but no points/stay credit. After being offloaded from a Malaysia Airlines flight which went tech a few years ago and sent to Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 again upgraded and given lounge access, and no points/stay credit.
See also:
Do Travel Agent bookings count for stay/points accrual?
Gold Benefits Booking Through BA
MarcD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.