Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Peloton Bikes @ Hilton Properties

Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite

Currently at a Hampton Inn and they have their Peloton bike installed but the pedals are different and my peloton shoes don't clip in? Makes no sense to switch the pedals? Are all the bikes Hilton uses configured with SPD Cleats and not Delta? Anyone else have. a datapoint from another hotel and the pedals installed? Thanks. Id rather not carry two sets of cycling shoes...they pedals do have baskets on one side but the other side is not compatible with peloton shoes...

Last edited by BmanCCP; Nov 30, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
I've never seen a Peloton at a Hampton... could someone use the bike if they don't carry cycling shoes with them? (flip the pedals or something?)
Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by johnndor
I've never seen a Peloton at a Hampton... could someone use the bike if they don't carry cycling shoes with them? (flip the pedals or something?)
You would not historically have seen this; however now that Hilton has partnered with Peloton, the bikes will *theoretically* become ubiquitous very quickly.

And the hotel-issue Peloton pedals are usually double-sided, with toe cages on one side, so cycling shoes are not necessary.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Staying in an HGI. Photos of the pedals below. I'm not a Peleton guy, but one side looks to fit some kind of shoe and the other side is universal.

Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
looks like mountain bike SPD vs road bike SPD-SL
Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassadorless / UA 1K / National Executive Elite
Exactly, yet Peloton bikes use Look Delta Pedals and their branded shoes are such. It makes no sense to change the pedals to SPD! I understand having baskets on one side but who during this roll out thought it was smart to use different clip in pedals that Peloton sells? A fumble for this rollout.
lgormley likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BmanCCP
Exactly, yet Peloton bikes use Look Delta Pedals and their branded shoes are such. It makes no sense to change the pedals to SPD! I understand having baskets on one side but who during this roll out thought it was smart to use different clip in pedals that Peloton sells? A fumble for this rollout.
I'm not actually sure what you're getting worked up about here - the pedals shown above are exactly what "institutional" spec Peloton bikes have had for 5+ years, ever since the original Westin partnership. Go to a Westin, an early-adopter Hilton (such as Hilton McLean, which has had Peloton for a couple years), or most any office gym with a Peloton bike and you'll see these exact pedals. There has been no "change" to SPD. This is OEM spec for hotels circa 2017 or so. Here is a reddit thread from four years ago if you don't believe me.

It is helpful to keep in mind the intended market dynamics here. Peloton's original and continued placement in hotels, etc. is for the purpose of exposing members of a target segment (exercise-conscious, tech-savvy travelers) to the product and bringing them into the ecosystem. It is not about retaining existing users - Peloton's customer retention has always been enviably high. So given this context, it makes sense that they would equip these bikes with what would be the most accommodating configuration for a new user likely to be riding in street shoes - wide platform pedals with cages.
mloradites likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 7:43 pm

It appears that you do need to create an account, in contrast to what Hiltons website says. There is no guest profile option on this bike.

"Bikes are free to use for all our guests* Peloton membership is not required. Already a Member? Use your existing login to sign into the Bike and keep your streak alive.

If you're new to Peloton, create a profile to ride the Bike as a guest the Bikes on-screen instructions will guide you on how to create a profile that can be used on Peloton Bikes at all our participating hotels and resorts."
Old Aug 14, 2023, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
It appears that you do need to create an account, in contrast to what Hiltons website says. There is no guest profile option on this bike.

"Bikes are free to use for all our guests* Peloton membership is not required. Already a Member? Use your existing login to sign into the Bike and keep your streak alive.

If you're new to Peloton, create a profile to ride the Bike as a guest the Bikes on-screen instructions will guide you on how to create a profile that can be used on Peloton Bikes at all our participating hotels and resorts."
You can still use the bike. You just cant enjoy all the extra add-ons.

That is, if you can find one that works. Id bet that half the Pelotons Ive seen have been out of service since this program rolled out.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
I’d bet that half the Pelotons I’ve seen have been out of service since this program rolled out.
The push to roll these out chainwide happened to very unfortunately and randomly coincide with the massive seatpost recall issued by the OEM. Many bikes were deployed just in time to be taken out of service. I doubt anybody was very happy about that.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by aww3583

That is, if you can find one that works. Id bet that half the Pelotons Ive seen have been out of service since this program rolled out.
For sure.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
The push to roll these out chainwide happened to very unfortunately and randomly coincide with the massive seatpost recall issued by the OEM. Many bikes were deployed just in time to be taken out of service. I doubt anybody was very happy about that.
Interesting. Thanks for the info! Had no idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.