Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat

1 Review | 100% Recommended

, PL

Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport (20 Photos)

Here is my review of Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport (not to be confused with Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport). 

There are now two Hilton properties near to Krakow airport. Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport is conveniently situated less than one minute's walk from the airport terminal. However, the newer Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport is a cheaper option well worth considering.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport, but it is straightforward to walk. It took me only six minutes to walk from the hotel entrance to the airport departures entrance.

To walk from the airport to the hotel, turn right out of the terminal. At the end of the terminal building, turn left and walk straight on, across a roundabout and single-track railway line and then you are at the hotel. The route is level, well-lit and the pavement on the right-hand side of the road is in good condition and suitable for luggage. I arrived on KLM around 11pm and had no problem walking to the hotel. After dark you can clearly see the red "Hampton" sign of the hotel almost immediately after leaving the terminal. The only people I saw were two hitch-hiking monks!

view of airport.jpg

View of the airport from the hotel. 

exterior.jpg

Exterior of hotel

Check In

Check in was quick and straightforward. I was informed about breakfast times and given a coupon for a Gold/Diamond snack, which I later redeemed for some chocolate. There are two elevators and you need to flash your card to get to your floor. 

Room

The room was clean, standard and entirely as expected.

bedroom.jpg 

Bedroom

1_tea tray.jpg

Tea tray with 1 still and 1 sparkling water

1_mirror.jpg

Mirror

room 1.jpg

Bedroom

fridge.jpg

Fridge

1_safe.jpg

Safe

floorplan.jpg

Floor plan. 518 looks like the only non-standard room.

corridor.jpg

Corridor

Bathroom

The bathroom was fine and clean. 

bathroom 4.jpg

bathroom 5.jpg

1_bathroom 3.jpg

1_bathroom 1.jpg

Dining

Breakfast is taken in the lobby. There is a decent hot buffet with scrambled egg, Polish sausage / hot dog, bacon, hash browns, baked beans plus various cold items, cereals, and apple and orange juice. There are also two waffle makers. It was tasty and certainly a better option than taking breakfast in the airport lounge. No pictures of the buffet area which was quite busy. The lobby provides plenty of room for breakfast and there was no problem finding somewhere to sit.

The bar offers 500ml draft lager for PLN 17.

lobby.jpg

Lobby

1_notice 2.jpg

Lobby

Gym

There is a fitness centre in the basement. Apparently there is parking there too, although I also saw an outside car park behind the hotel.

notice.jpg

fitness room.jpg

fitness room 2.jpg

fitness room 3.jpg

Service

Service was polite and efficient from check-in to check-out. 

Overall

Overall this is a good property and a solid option for either a late arrival or an early departure from Krakow airport. Although Hilton Garden Inn is directly connected to the airport, the Hampton is barely less convenient and can be recommended as a good airport hotel.

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Sisosig, pretzlaff and Schwann like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Friendly and modern Hampton Inn

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Kapitana Mieczys?awa Medweckiego 22 Balice, 32-083

Friendly and modern Hampton Inn (18 Photos)

There are 2 Hilton properties in the vicinity of the airport, this Hampton Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn.   The difference between these 2 properties are from price factor and location.  The HGI is located just across from the terminal but it is priced accordingly - more expensive compared to the Hampton Inn.  Since I knew that I would not partake in any of the hotel services, as it will be a quick night in/out of the property due to my late arriving and early departure, I decided to go for the cheaper Hampton Inn especially since I only had a backpack with me. 

IMG_20220612_050035870.jpg

IMG_20220612_050047372_HDR.jpg

This property is walkable from the terminal,  about 10-15 mins without dragging any heavy luggage and walking speed dependent.  The whole journey by foot to this place is doable as there is a sidewalk all the way to the property.  Outside of that, there is really not much around the area - it is interestingly facing a sort of smallish wheat field and surrounding it are houses and lots of airport parking companies.  

I would even dare say that this is not too bad of a property to even use as a base to visit Krakow - as there is a train station (airport station) to downtown Krakow, especially if hotel prices in Krakow are crazy.  

Check In

I arrived close to midnight at this property and was surprised to see that the lobby/social area was still busy with lots of guests having a drink.  I was helped immediately, however the check-in process did take some time as I was helped by what I believe was someone new so there were lots of delay as she had to ask her colleague.  I did actually do an online check-in hoping that things would be more straightforward, but I have no idea why it still took like forever.  

The initial associate helping me moved over and even though taken over by the more experienced front desk agent, it still took them forever - another guest (which i think was also a fellow XP runner like me) arrived after me and had a 3rd party booking, and from what it seems, looks like a 3rd party booking and non-elite member was easier to process as in the end, the both of us ended up in the lift together even though I arrived about 5 mins earlier.

IMG_20220612_045857334.jpg

IMG_20220612_045916645.jpg

IMG_20220612_050011310.jpg

IMG_20220612_050014808.jpg

IMG_20220612_050019192.jpg

IMG_20220612_050021193.jpg

Room

I already knew from the design at the lobby social area that this was going to be the new Hampton Inn new concept room (my 2nd time at such a new Hampton Inn after the last one in Madrid).  This was more or less the same design as the Madrid property - which I liked as it made the room much more welcoming and not so basic. 

IMG_20220611_230859204.jpg

IMG_20220611_230903449.jpg

The usual small working desk, open wardrobe and tea/coffee making facilities were available.  The room had a view towards the airport direction.  

IMG_20220611_230925466.jpg

IMG_20220611_230934602.jpg

IMG_20220611_231014848.jpg

Sleep quality was good - with no external nor internal noise disturbance.  The climate control worked well, without being too loud and kept the room temperature well cooled.  Since I did not bother to set up the internet nor TV, not much to comment on these points, but I expect it would be sufficient. 

IMG_20220611_231007588.jpg

IMG_20220611_231012380.jpg

IMG_20220612_045651347.jpg

The bathroom area was actually quite spacious and the walk in shower area was very well designed and spacious.  Water temperature and pressure was good.  Toiletries were the usual Hampton Inn Spa brand.

IMG_20220611_230930168.jpg

Overall

Since this was such a short overnight stay, I did not try anything else at this property.  I am sure based on my previous experience at other Hampton Inn's in Poland, I am sure that the breakfast standard would have been good.  The staff were friendly in general (albeit the slow check-in process).  All-in all I would not hesitate to return to this property and recommend it to others.  

IMG_20220612_045758359.jpg

Friendly and modern Hampton Inn

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Krakow Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Schwann likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is super helpful. I think I prefer the Hampton because it has free breakfast versus HGI. Any particular treatment that is better for Diamonds here? Good to know it's possible to walk, too.
Old May 6, 2023, 12:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This is super helpful. I think I prefer the Hampton because it has free breakfast versus HGI. Any particular treatment that is better for Diamonds here? Good to know it's possible to walk, too.
Curious with your statement on the HGI - don't you as a Diamond also get complimentary breakfast at HGI? Or does this particular HGI not offer this as part of their (own) policy?
But no, like most Hampton, no particular treatment that is done for Diamonds - the usual. (Yes I know some do take the next step and offer a welcome drink).

Cheers!
Old May 6, 2023, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Curious with your statement on the HGI - don't you as a Diamond also get complimentary breakfast at HGI? Or does this particular HGI not offer this as part of their (own) policy?
But no, like most Hampton, no particular treatment that is done for Diamonds - the usual. (Yes I know some do take the next step and offer a welcome drink).

Cheers!
You're right, I was thinking it was a food and beverage credit like in the U.S.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
If this is the cheaper option I was wondering why this is 30,000 (432 PLN) points as opposed to the HGI being 25,000 (618 PLN)

Seems odd.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
If this is the cheaper option I was wondering why this is 30,000 (432 PLN) points as opposed to the HGI being 25,000 (618 PLN)

Seems odd.
Ironically I booked the HGI krakow last night for 3 nights in march as I fancy visiting…..I thought exactly the the same thing.

Last edited by wizla; Jan 23, 2024 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A lag between older hotels and newer ones in terms of HH pricing is nothing new. HGI KRK AP started at 10k points when it opened.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by hugolover
A lag between older hotels and newer ones in terms of HH pricing is nothing new. HGI KRK AP started at 10k points when it opened.
Makes sense
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.