Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cancelling reservation violating cancellation rules within 24 hours of booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist

Today I made a mistake by booking a reservation at Waldorf Astoria Maldives with points. I was supposed to look at December dates. But I made a stupid mistake on the month. I made the reservation for July instead of December and it is already within 30 days (yes that is stupid I did not proofread the details...). I only discovered this before bed but it is still within 24 hours. I have already contacted the twitter team in this case. But does anyone have any experience in cancelling the reservation in such a case?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:32 am

If you call Hilton Reservations, usually they will reach out to the hotel directly and ask for a waiver to process cancellation
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by khkchan
If you call Hilton Reservations, usually they will reach out to the hotel directly and ask for a waiver to process cancellation
Called reservations and they cancelled it without a problem. The twitter team is too slow.
GUWonder and SanDiego1K like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:28 pm

I've always called the front desk. Told them I'm a stupid old man. (The front desk girls love that.)
No issues with cancellations.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think hotel reservations have the within 24 hours of booking thing like airline reservations do. At least I've never heard of that in my many, many years of traveling.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by zig2
Today I made a mistake by booking a reservation at Waldorf Astoria Maldives with points. I was supposed to look at December dates. But I made a stupid mistake on the month. I made the reservation for July instead of December and it is already within 30 days (yes that is stupid I did not proofread the details...). I only discovered this before bed but it is still within 24 hours. I have already contacted the twitter team in this case. But does anyone have any experience in cancelling the reservation in such a case?
If a hotel or agent is reluctant to cut the customer a break, then this can be tried: modifying the reservation to get a date change done (with a new check-in date some date 31+ days out), so as to then be able to get a reservation cancelled without penalty.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by zig2
Called reservations and they cancelled it without a problem. The twitter team is too slow.
You are able to cancel it without any problem.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Baze
I don't think hotel reservations have the within 24 hours of booking thing like airline reservations do. At least I've never heard of that in my many, many years of traveling.
When I book a non refundable rate with Marriott (which is not very often), the last couple of years it says something like:

Prepay Non-refundable, changes up to 4 days prior to stay, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking

SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.