Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton reservation site not showing map of properties location

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton reservation site not showing map of properties location

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Exclamation Hilton reservation site not showing map of properties location

I just found that Hilton's reservation website is not showing locations of various properties on a map. The map used to appear with the list of hotels. It was on the top-right after you click "Find a Hotel". This was incredibly helpful to select a hotel. Any workaround? I am using the following site:

https://www.hilton.com/en/

Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Works for me. Clear your cookies, check your browser settings.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Bug in Hilton Site -- Read the Details

aww3585: Many thanks. Based on your screen shots, I think there a bug in Hilton's site. I just tried Orlando FL for one night Jun 22 - Jun 23. I see the map exactly as in your images. Then if I edit the location and/or dates, the map stays on screen with the updated locations. However, originally I was seeing the following webpage. I tried 3 browsers: Firefox 101.0.1 (64 bit) (default browser -- posting from Firefox), Microsoft Edge (screenshot from Edge), and Google Chrome.

Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Tintin
aww3585: Many thanks. Based on your screen shots, I think there a bug in Hilton's site. I just tried Orlando FL for one night Jun 22 - Jun 23. I see the map exactly as in your images. Then if I edit the location and/or dates, the map stays on screen with the updated locations. However, originally I was seeing the following webpage. I tried 3 browsers: Firefox 101.0.1 (64 bit) (default browser -- posting from Firefox), Microsoft Edge (screenshot from Edge), and Google Chrome.

I just searched using Safari for your Chicago dates and the map appeared correctly. I'm inclined to think it's more of a cache/settings issue.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I forgot to mention: I am using the flexible date option, "My Dates are Flexible" on the home page (https://www.hilton.com/en/) from the beginning. That is, open a fresh browser, go to https://www.hilton.com/en/, enter a location (Chicago, in my case), a tentative date (July 1 to July 6, in my case), click on "My Dates are Flexible", close the calendar window, click on "Find a Hotel". When I use aww3585's search, I do see the map. Then if I update the location, date, and the flexibility option, on that page, then the map remains in place and updates (to Chicago, in my case).

I checked all settings. My Firefox browser settings are set to delete all cookies, histories, etc. at browser closing. I also tried Edge and Chrome, which I don't use often, but found the same issue.

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I just searched using Safari for your Chicago dates and the map appeared correctly. I'm inclined to think it's more of a cache/settings issue.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I'm still seeing that map on the booking page. Too bad - I absolutely hate that "feature" and wish it was true that it had gone away.

(it takes up way too much real estate on the screen, and doesn't show me anything that actually informs my booking choice).
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Having yuge HH website issues the last few days. It takes me through captcha and then wants me to log in again. I had to call in on Sat for a same day point booking. Dimond status auto-recognized on a generic 1-800 number, and "only" a 10 minute wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.