Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Tours (FRA) France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond

I haven't found a thread on this hotel. I apologize if I missed it.

Stayed here beginning of May 2022 for four nights. The HGI and the neighbor Hampton are in identical twin buildings on "rue Nationale" where a bridge crosses river Loire. So coming from that bridge both buildings form a landmark. Looks really great. The bridge has no motor traffic, bicycles and pedestrians only plus the modern tramway. The hotel is owned by NAOS hotel group that also manages the HGI in Bordeaux and in Le Havre.

I booked a King Room w/view and got exactly that category. So no upgrade. However, they had reserved room 601 which proved to be very nice. The hotel has 7 floors and floors 5-7 are much smaller in size with fewer rooms only. Rooms .01 and .02 sit on the front towards river and bridge with large floor to ceiling windows. Windows did not open. External isolation was good, AC worked well. Internal isolation was ok. The room was of good size with a king bed, an arm chair, a board that served as desk with safe and mini-refrigerator below. This room category offered a Nespresso coffee maker, we had four capsules or so a day.TV had few foreign channels only (sorry, I do not remember exactly which channels. German broadcasts might have been ZDF and 3Sat).

We arrived by train and there is a tram stop right beside the hotel. Most convenient. Tickets can be bought from ticket machines at the stops. Since we arrived 1 May there was absolutely no public transport. We didn't even see a taxi and opted for an Uber instead.

Check-in was most informative and pleasant. The young lady gave us a map and explained the layout of the city centre. Beside that typical French "Hausmann" architecture the centre consists of medieval timbered houses. Very picturesque. And all within walking distance.

We asked for daily house keeping, preferably at 09:30 (I love my room being made when coming back from breakfast). This worked out perfectly well on morning 1 and 3 but not so on morning 2. Eventually the room was perfunctorily made. No hand towels and no coffee capsules.

Breakfast was on the basic side and staff was rather slow refilling items and cleaning tables. We received breakfast vouchers. I forgot them the first morning but simply gave my room number.

There was a guest laundry which worked well. Detergent was sold at reception, the use of the washing machine and tumble dryer was free.

Check-out was good. All correct, all pleasant. Most of reception staff were attentive and forthcoming. I would stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.