Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Room Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Gold Room Upgrade

I am a gold member. Curious if I am more likely to get a room upgrade if I check-in on the app as soon as I am able to or in person at the front desk?

Thx
Old May 18, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jashah
I am a gold member. Curious if I am more likely to get a room upgrade if I check-in on the app as soon as I am able to or in person at the front desk?

Thx
Ask at front desk...golds are way down the list for upgrades after Lifetime Diamond, Diamond, frequent property guests, etc. etc.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
Keep the hope down on the success rate for upgrades. Being gold myself, I appreciate the points bonus and f & b credit, but upgrades are even lower than the teeth I seem to pull when asking for a 12 pm check out.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jashah

Thx
Re: checking in on the app... there's been rumors for years that checking in on the app locks you into the room you select and eliminates any chance for an upgrade. The front desk assumes you checked in online to pick a specific room and do not wish to be changed from that room. YMMV.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
in europe, as a gold, i was given executive loung access more times than not.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
Re: checking in on the app... there's been rumors for years that checking in on the app locks you into the room you select and eliminates any chance for an upgrade. The front desk assumes you checked in online to pick a specific room and do not wish to be changed from that room. YMMV.
If a desk agent attempts to change a room in this situation OnQ will throw up a large warning message basically asking you if you really want to do this. Also, Hilton's OnQ training that every desk agent is supposed to go (granted I did it a long-long time ago) through teaches you to never preemptively change a room that has been chosen by a guest unless they ask for it or there is some overriding reason that room is unavailable. Technically you're not locked into anything and any agent can change whatever/whenever but there is no reason/incentive for them to do it.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; May 19, 2022 at 11:50 am
Old May 19, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
As a gold, I got an upgrade this morning to king exec room tonight with lounge access at heathrow t5. Purposely avoided checking in as on app as wasn't bothered which bit of the car park my room overlooked.

Have a separate two night stay tomorrow in Evian and was keen to get lake view room with balcony so in my head iv pulled myself out of the upgrade list by checking in on app there.

Had three upgrades out of three eligible hilton stays this year at notts gateway, Reading and at NCL airport.

​​​​​​
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:06 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Yes, usually your room won't be changed if you choose it online, but recently it happened to me twice - one was a further upgrade, having already been upgraded before olci, and the other was just to another room for an unknown reason but didn't bother me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.