Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hilton | Hilton Honors

Have you stayed at these properties? Oceana LXR, WA LV, Conrad LV, WA AZ, La Quinta)

Have you stayed at these properties? Oceana LXR, WA LV, Conrad LV, WA AZ, La Quinta)

Old May 15, 22, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Have you stayed? Oceana LXR, WA LV, Conrad LV, Crocksford, WA AZ, La Quinta Curio

Looking for general insights and comparisons for a 3 night stay-cation Fourth of July stay. Wife and I are looking to mostly relax in luxury / the sun, nothing specific. Would prefer a place that counts as a resort to use multiple $250 Aspire Resort credits. Weve never been to Vegas and dont care too much for gambling, but would explore a bit if there. Currently booked at WA LV but all these places have availability right now. (If there is a WA/LXR/Conrad in the US worth flying to feel free to share. Hawaii all booked though lol)

Just stayed at WA Beverly Hills (was amazing) and will be staying at WA Monarch Beach for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. If it wasnt for lack of standard award availability probably would just book WA MB again.

Last edited by Dezzie B Ligon III; May 16, 22 at 12:07 am
Old May 15, 22, 11:51 pm

WA LV

I think youre on the right track with the WA LV, its much better than the Conrad LV, having very recently stayed at the Conrad. La Quinta isnt a bad idea, but therell be more to explore, see, and do during the summer in LV, as opposed to Phoenix.
Old May 16, 22, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAATM View Post
I think youre on the right track with the WA LV, its much better than the Conrad LV, having very recently stayed at the Conrad. La Quinta isnt a bad idea, but therell be more to explore, see, and do during the summer in LV, as opposed to Phoenix.
Getting a lot of conflicting word elsewhere. Seems others prefer the Conrad over the WA. Any idea why that is? Any benefits one has over the other with soft or hard products?

I also forgot about the Crockfords LXR, where does that stack up?
Old May 16, 22, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Forgot about Crocksford LXR too
Old May 17, 22, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
We stayed at the Oceana in October and were overall very satisfied with our experience. In my opinion, it was probably the best Hilton portfolio property I have stayed at in the US. There were issues with slow service at breakfast and the prices of the item were high but I would not see this as a deal breaker for us to stay there again. It is NOT considered a "resort" in the classification used for the $250 resort credit on the HH credit card so if that is important to you then that would rule out the Oceana. Further details can be found in the properties Master Thread. In all I think it is a better property than the WA Monarch Beach but it is definitely a different feel and vibe....it has less of a beach resort feel than the WA MB. Staff was much more personable and provided more personal service...they were looking to please the guests vs the "just give us your money and don't ask for much" service at the WA MB.

My overall suggestion to you would be to research the Master Threads for all the properties as you likely are not going to get many people that have stayed at all the properties you are trying to compare and it they have it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I've also stayed at the WA LV and enjoyed my stay there but again.....apples to oranges.

Last edited by christianj; May 17, 22 at 7:00 am

Search this Thread