Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can a guest pay for a reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

The name of the card I’m using to pay for my reservation is not in my name, but the name of another guest listed in the reservation. Is this fine?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:23 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Yes..
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As long as that person is there when his or her card is presented.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
As long as that person is there when his or her card is presented.
Yes, as long as the person is present. Interesting situation I had recently though...traveling with family and two rooms booked in my name, but they wanted to pay for their own room. It was doable, but they pulled their credit card out of the machine before it was finished processing (as we all have done many times) and apparently you can only make one attempt at using a different card than the one on file. It automatically billed to the card on file. It was a Hampton Inn. No big deal to any of us and we sorted it out, but it was odd.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Neither the card nor the person the card belongs to needs to be present as long as a credit card authorization form is filled out in advance. You would need to contact the property and get them to fax or email the form to the person paying the bill. They would return it to the property before the guest they are paying for checks in. This is done every day at every property. Properties somewhere in the back office will have thick binders full of these for months or years at a time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
You may not get any points though: The paying person needs to add his/her Hilton account to the reservation upon arrival.

To earn Hilton Honors Points or credit toward tier status for hotel stays, a Member must be a registered, paying and staying guest at a participating hotel within the Hilton Portfolio
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
You may not get any points though: The paying person needs to add his/her Hilton account to the reservation upon arrival.

To earn Hilton Honors Points or credit toward tier status for hotel stays, a Member must be a registered, paying and staying guest at a participating hotel within the Hilton Portfolio
This correctly states the official rules. Must pay to get points.

In real life, not so much. Whatever Honors number is in the reservation gets the points in my experience. Obviously, YMMV.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
IRL, this isn't a given.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I always book two room at the Conrad Bali under my name. I pay one, and my friend pays the other. I have always gotten the points for both rooms.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:15 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PF91
The name of the card I’m using to pay for my reservation is not in my name, but the name of another guest listed in the reservation. Is this fine?

The hotel will take money anyway that they can get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.