Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Doubletree by Hilton Venice North

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

Hi,

Have not seen this hotel on FT.

I have booked a Saturday night here at the end of april before a week at the Hilton Molino Stucky.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/vce...d=&gclid=&AWC=

Whilst not that close to Venice, I will be landing at 2135 and the Hilton Stucky was wanting €500 for that night. So will use this to sleep , relax in the morning then taxi/ water taxi to the Hilton . Hotel price was €80 ( HGI mestre was €120)
Website says the hotel is currently closed but opens on 1st April ( 3 weeks before arrival) so will keep an eye out just in case reopening is delayed

Regards

TBS
wizla likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Have not seen this hotel on FT.

I have booked a Saturday night here at the end of april before a week at the Hilton Molino Stucky.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/vce...d=&gclid=&AWC=

Whilst not that close to Venice, I will be landing at 2135 and the Hilton Stucky was wanting €500 for that night. So will use this to sleep , relax in the morning then taxi/ water taxi to the Hilton . Hotel price was €80 ( HGI mestre was €120)
Website says the hotel is currently closed but opens on 1st April ( 3 weeks before arrival) so will keep an eye out just in case reopening is delayed

Regards

TBS
TBS, did you stay at this DoubleTree? I have a flight at 8:35 am and am wondering if this is a good option.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

ah apologies. I meant to post earlier.

I cancelled my venice holiday trip in April as I had some work issues so did not stay here sorry ( ended up in dubai in june instead

Msy plan a venice trip later in the year.

Probably a reasonable hotel to get to the airport early instead of renting on a water taxi from venice itself

Regards

Tbs
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
We stayed here last week as a quick stop over before and after catching a cruise from Venice. Overall I regretted doing so

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere on the side of a motorway intersection. No shops, bars or indeed anything in walking distance. It's around 10 minutes from the airport, around 25/30 minutes to the centre of Venice.
It cost us €44 from the airport in a taxi to this hotel. Over €50 on the return. Hotel airport shuttle vague and not a reliable service, and it seems to be chargeable.
No easy way to get into Venice by public transport from the hotel. Taxis cost €80+ to get into Venice Cruise terminal from hotel. The hotel provided shuttle quoted us €20 each (!) to get into town which for a group of 6 was pretty eye-watering.

Hotel building itself very nicely designed, but isn't all that well maintained and pretty filthily in places (who thought a cream carpet in a hotel hallway was a good idea?). There are the ruins of a half finished conference building to the side of the hotel which gives a slight dystopian feel to the place.
Outside pool area lovely, but steam room/sauna not working and pool was pretty freezing and not heated (though we are in October!).
Rooms in need of a deep clean, especially the showers.

They were hosting a large event which took over most of the common areas one of the nights. They kindly allocated us a room right next to the action with a live band playing in reception until 2am or so.
Service throughout was distance at best, often shambolic especially in the restaurant and bar. Food wise lunch/dinner in the restaurant is pretty nice, but let down by the service. Breakfast not all that good either in selection or quality and served in what I think is their event space with large tables of 10/12 people.

No diamond recognition to speak of.

They "upgraded" me one of the nights to a Junior Suite (which I'm confident happened only to suit the mentioned event's room allocation) and they kindly overcharged me the difference between the junior suite and my booked deluxe room. It took me over a week and various emails for them to get a refund put through.

In theory this would make a good airport stopover, but because of the lack of a shuttle and pricy Venice taxis you may as well pay a bit more and be closer to town in a nicer hotel or at a hotel near the airport offering a decent shuttle service. Between that the other points above I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve with the place.
It does have some very reasonable redemptions, one of the rooms was only 22K points which is the lowest I've seen in a long time but the cost in getting to and from the hotel cancels saving out here in my opinion. We won't be back in a rush!

Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here three years ago and even with my rental car it was not easy to find due to the complicated roads system.
However it did not take me long to get to VCE airport via the back roads at 6 a.m. the following morning.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.