Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points in the City Promo Starts February 3, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points in the City Promo Starts February 3, 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by troyintn
I registered but will need to look at the hotels since sometimes I am downtown and others SFO I am really in Santa Clara. SEA is bellevue etc.
I'd like to know what the "markets" are as well. Such as Tysons Corner and Alexandria, VA. Are they part of the DC market for this promo. They'll show up in the search for "Washington, DC" hotels.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Points in the City

Beginning February 3, Hilton Honors members who register for the Points in the City promotion and stay in popular city destinations, including Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle or Washington, D.C. through May 1 will receive an additional 2,500 Bonus Points per stay.

Plus, also through May 1, every stay will earn you an additional 2,500 Bonus Points through the Points Unlimited promotion, so that’s an extra 5,000 Bonus Points!

Participating hotels and an FAQ can be found at the registration link, but if there are any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

William
san888 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
Beginning February 3, Hilton Honors members who register for the Points in the City promotion and stay in popular city destinations, including Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle or Washington, D.C. through May 1 will receive an additional 2,500 Bonus Points per stay.

Plus, also through May 1, every stay will earn you an additional 2,500 Bonus Points through the Points Unlimited promotion, so that’s an extra 5,000 Bonus Points!

Participating hotels and an FAQ can be found at the registration link, but if there are any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

William
Thanks for that. It seems this new "City" promotion does not count award stays, but the first "Points unlimited promotion" does ? So a paid stay would get 5,000, but an award stay would just get 2,500? (on the participating hotels, of course).
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:10 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Thanks for that. It seems this new "City" promotion does not count award stays, but the first "Points unlimited promotion" does ? So a paid stay would get 5,000, but an award stay would just get 2,500? (on the participating hotels, of course).
I found this in the FAQ for Points in the City:

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points in the City” promotion?

Yes – members will earn 2,500 Bonus Points per stay on reward stays.

Best regards,

William
KRS and san888 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Will I earn Bonus Points for Reward Stays with the “Points in the City” promotion?

Best regards,

William
<jaw drops>

Wow.

William - thanks for keeping an eye on us here at FlyerTalk. David

p.s. now FTers know what HH points are worth...
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

Best regards,

William
Thanks for that. Too many words for my old eyes - I did see "complimentary" stays not included and jumped to my conclusion. What a great time to have a trip planned to LA! All 3 hotels on the list.

And I just want to add...thank you Hilton for including award nights. I'm torn between these 2 HH promos and a (on the surface) a more generous Marriott one...but for the Marriott one it would be on paid stays only, and since we still have a buttload of Hilton free nights left over from Covid, I would rather get some bonus points on those free nights.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 3, 2022 at 6:11 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I guess we need to wait for some real-life experience ...
I happened to have a stay on the first day/night (Feb 3) of the promotion.

Stacking confirmed.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17

Stacking confirmed.
Woohoo!

David
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best regards,

William
Seems a pretty unfair promotion timing. On one hand, it says that Feb 2 - Feb 3 stays should count:

If I check-in before February 3, 2022, or check-out after May 1, 2022, do I still earn credit for that stay?

Members checking in before February 3, 2022 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after February 3, 2022 and prior to or on May 1, 2022. If you start a stay in the middle of the promotion period and check-out after May 1, 2022 you will not receive the bonus.

but in the very next breath it says that these can't count if you didn't magically learn about and register for promo EXACTLY on THE MORNING OF Feb 3:

Will I receive Bonus Points with the “Points in the City” promotion for any stays within the Promotion Period that I completed PRIOR to registering for the promotion?

No. Only members registered prior to check-out will receive Bonus Points with the “Points in the City” promotion for nights within the Promotion Period.

So since I didn't read this thread until today (since my previous visit to FlyerTalk was before the thread was started on Feb 1), and since Hilton didn't notify me in any other way that this new promo existed, I missed out on this promo on quite likely the ONLY stay I would have had at a participating hotel during the promo period.

And even after the promo went live, there was no indication on my account page (and nothing in my email) about this promo or about their being another new promo (until I clicked the button to see if there were any promos), so how in the world (without reading FlyerTalk that day) was I supposed to register in time for my Feb 2 - Feb 3 stay to count, given that I checked out at 11 am PT Feb 3???

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 5, 2022 at 7:31 pm
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:42 pm

…and yet again, the first post about this promo was from an external source, not an HH rep. This must be quite frustrating for HH SM reps.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smmrfld
…and yet again, the first post about this promo was from an external source, not an HH rep. This must be quite frustrating for HH SM reps.
So HH needs to allow them / William to post before the start date as well as before the promos pop up in our accounts.

David
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Repooc17

Stacking confirmed.
Stacking confirmed for me as well. My stay began prior to Feb 3 and ended after. Received both
2022 Points Unlimited
Points in the City
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have two trips, first business trips since March 2020, to Boston and DC. But, of course, they are in May so after the Promo. Oh well.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Glad I noticed this today! I was registered for the 2022 Points Unlimited, but now with this one stacking, it makes it twice as enticing to hotel hop on a 4 night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.