Hotels and Places to Stay

Hilton | Hilton Honors

Do quarantine packages earn points?

Old Jan 12, 22, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold

Do quarantine packages such as in Qatar earn points? The package would be booked through a government website. e.g https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com...oking/overview
Old Jan 12, 22, 12:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
This may depend on the property. My experience with ASQ in Bangkok was yes, we got points. In Thailand there is a government(?) website that lists quarantine hotels and you link through that to book with the hotel via email directly with the hotel.
Old Jan 12, 22, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
For Singapore, answer is no.
Old Jan 12, 22, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I think it may be hotel specific. I've gotten points on two quarantine stays, both booked thru government required websites.
Old Jan 13, 22, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I don't suppose anyone would have specific experience of hotels in Qatar?
Old Jan 13, 22, 8:36 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tobegold View Post
This may depend on the property. My experience with ASQ in Bangkok was yes, we got points. In Thailand there is a government(?) website that lists quarantine hotels and you link through that to book with the hotel via email directly with the hotel.
It really comes down to whether youre booking directly with the hotel or through a third party.

In Thailand you can still book through a third party - eg Agoda - and you will not get points / elite benefits. You can book quarantine packages directly with the hotel and you will get points and benefits.
Old Jan 17, 22, 10:59 am
Original Poster

The booking will be made through QatarAirwaysHolidays.com website.
Old Jan 17, 22, 11:00 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jahason View Post
The booking will be made through QatarAirwaysHolidays.com website.
Then no.
Old Feb 2, 22, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jahason View Post
Do quarantine packages such as in Qatar earn points? The package would be booked through a government website. e.g https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com...oking/overview
I can confirm my experience. I asked hotel reception to add my HH number in case anything is possible. I received no points but did get two nights credited.
Old Feb 5, 22, 6:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Did you get points for the whole package (which includes the PCR test, airport transfer, etc), or just for the underlying room rate?
Old Feb 5, 22, 7:05 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Did you get points for the whole package (which includes the PCR test, airport transfer, etc), or just for the underlying room rate?
According to the booking email from the hotel, only the room and meals portion would earn points, but when I checked my Hilton account it looked like the entire package earned points, maybe I lucked out that time.
Old Feb 5, 22, 10:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
According to the booking email from the hotel, only the room and meals portion would earn points, but when I checked my Hilton account it looked like the entire package earned points, maybe I lucked out that time.
Yeah, sounds like you did. I only got points for the underlying room rate. I might write and ask, as the package details seemed to indicate that I would get points.

Search this Thread