Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The most commonly posed questions about the new food/beverage benefit, which is now extended into 2023, are
  • how it works for multi-night stays, and
  • to what extent it applies outside the US
Here's what we do & don't know:
  • The credit does not accumulate over the duration of your stay. For instance, if you stay for 2 nights at a $15/night property, you cannot use the benefit toward a single $30 purchase.
  • Thus, the credit for a given day may only be used on that day. It expires afterward.
    • Hilton's FAQ insists that "[t]he credit does not 'expire' until the member checks out." This is, to put it politely, complete nonsense.
  • The Hilton FAQ states that "the daily amount re-sets each day to the maximum daily credit value at midnight." Unfortunately, this addition to the FAQ--made in Spring 2022--raises as many questions as it answers.
    • The Hilton FAQ states explicitly that "for a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure." This would be the sensible approach, but the alleged "midnight reset" policy cannot be reconciled with it.
    • A similar problem exists for any stay of N nights. Unless a guest arrives after midnight on the first night, or departs before midnight on the last night, there will be N+1 "days" (using midnight as the demarcator) but only N usable F&B credits. For example, a guest arrives Monday for a two-night stay. That means the credits may be used only on two of the three "days," those being Monday evening; Tuesday; and Wednesday morning (departure).
  • The benefit terms were revised in December 2022 to cover Motto properties outside the US; previously, the F&B credit applied only to US properties. However, the official T&C now refer more vaguely to “complimentary continental breakfast OR a Daily Food & Beverage Credit (varies by brand and region).” (link)
  • A reputable blogger reported in late December 2022 that the Hilton Fallsview in Canada is also issuing F&B credits in lieu of free breakfast, with Hilton corporate appearing to ratify this decision. (link) In November 2023, a FT member reported the same occurring at the Doubletree Calgary North (link).

*Select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, New York City, San Francisco, Key Largo, Key West, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

(return to top)

Official Hilton benefit statement/FAQ (updated December 2022):

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What hotels offer the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is available to Gold and Diamond members at all of Hilton’s luxury, full-service and lifestyle properties as well as all Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the United States, and Motto by Hilton globally, replacing the MyWay complimentary continental breakfast benefit.

The brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Motto by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.

2. Which members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit is provided to all Gold and Diamond members that select the F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit. The credit is provided to the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room for each night of their stay. The credit is per person (up to two people) in one guest room per stay.

Members can check their Hilton Honors status and make changes to their MyWay benefits by logging in to their account online at HiltonHonors.com or Hilton Honors mobile app.

3. What are the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit values for each Brand Category?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive a $10 F&B Credit per night when staying at Hilton Garden Inn, a $15 F&B Credit per night at full-service and lifestyle properties, and a $25 F&B Credit per night at luxury properties.

A $18 F&B Credit per night will be provided at full-service and lifestyle properties located in the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key West, Key Largo, New York City, San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

A $12 F&B Credit per night will be provided at Motto By Hilton Tulum and a 10€ F&B Credit per night will be provided at Motto by Hilton Rotterdam Blaak.

The full list of participating brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts , LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Signia by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, and Hilton Garden Inn.

4. Does the Daily F&B Credit impact Hilton brands that offer all guests complimentary breakfast?

Guests staying at Hilton’s brands that offer complimentary breakfast to all guests will continue to receive this offering. The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit does not apply to the following brands: Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton.

5. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work?

Prior to arrival, members will be notified by email or notification through the Hilton Honors app of the complimentary Daily F&B Credit. Members can then log in to their Hilton Honors account online or through the Hilton Honors app to select their preferred MyWay benefit for their next stay – the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit or Hilton Honors Bonus Points.

Upon hotel check-in, the member’s status will be confirmed, and they will be informed by the front desk staff and/or the Hilton Honors app about the Daily F&B Credit including which on-property outlets are participating. Each day of their stay, the Hilton Honors member will charge their eligible F&B purchases to their room, and the credit will be automatically applied to their total bill for those F&B purchases charged to their room.

6. Will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit accrue across days?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is provided to the member (and up to one additional guest registered to the same room) for each night of their stay and does not accrue or rollover from one day to the next if unused.

The daily credit amount may be used in full on the day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items throughout these days until the maximum daily amount is reached.

7. How does the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit work for a 1-night stay? Would a member receive two credits (for check-in and check-out day) or one credit?

Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit for the member and one for the additional guest registered to the same room each night of their stay, consistent with the previous complimentary Continental Breakfast benefit. For a one-night hotel stay, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit; the member may use the credit on the day of arrival or day of departure. The credit may be used in full/entirety on day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items each day until the maximum daily amount or total stay maximum is reached.

8. Which F&B outlets can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized at all participating F&B outlets on-property, including the market/grab-and-go and in-room dining/room service, where applicable, plus participating third-party outlets. The Daily F&B Credit cannot be utilized for any non-F&B related spend, such as the room rate, spa or gift shops.

9. Can members use the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on alcoholic beverages?

The Daily F&B Credit may be used to purchase alcoholic beverages, subject to state and local laws.

10. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on day-rate reservations, such as WorkSpaces by Hilton?

Like the previous elite continental breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit will not apply to day-rate reservations.

11. Will members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit on rates/packages that include F&B, such as the Breakfast Included rate?

Yes, Diamond or Gold members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B credit on Points eligible rates including specific food & beverage rates or packages.

12. Do members who book with a group such as a meeting or conference receive the Daily F&B Credit?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit benefit is provided to Diamond and Gold members, based on their MyWay selection, on Points eligible rates and reward nights.

13. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit apply to taxes and gratuity?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit can be applied to taxes and gratuity.

14. How do members add/register a guest to the reservation?

When booking the reservation through preferred Hilton channels, such as online at Hilton.com or the Hilton Honors app, members should ensure they indicate the total number of people staying in the room to receive up to two Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit allowances.

15. Does the Hilton Honors member receive an additional Daily F&B Credit for double occupancy?

The complimentary Daily F&B Credit is intended to cover up to two guests, which includes the Hilton Honors member and one additional guest registered to the same room (on one room per stay), per night.

16. Can the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be utilized across multiple outlets within a day?

The Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit can be utilized across multiple outlets within one day. It will be automatically applied against all eligible F&B charges made within that timeframe, up to the total daily credit amount.

17. If members do not have F&B charges, can they apply the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit to the total folio?

The Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit was created to provide guests with more dining-related flexibility, so the credit can only be applied to eligible F&B charges billed to the member’s room.

18. Some members may utilize the hotel restaurants or bar areas for meetings, dinners, etc. without staying at the hotel. Does the Hilton Honors member have to be staying at the hotel to receive the F&B credit?

Hilton Honors members, even if utilizing hotel facilities such as a restaurant or bar area, must be a registered guest of the hotel to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

19. Do members receive the Hilton Honors complimentary Daily F&B Credit on redemption/reward stays?

Yes, Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members that select the complimentary Daily F&B Credit as their MyWay benefit will receive the Daily F&B Credit on hotel reward stays, both reservations booked with all Points or Points & Money.

20. Do members receive the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit at all-inclusive properties?

Like the previous elite Continental Breakfast benefit, the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit is not offered at all-inclusive properties.

21. If a member selects Points over the Daily F&B Credit on a reservation with a registered guest, do they receive double Points?

The Hilton Honors Bonus Points selection via MyWay Benefits is a one-time bonus per stay, regardless of the number of guests.

22. Can a guest make a change to their MyWay benefit mid-stay to receive the Daily F&B Credit?

No, Hilton Honors members should make their MyWay benefit selections prior to check-in or during arrival in order to receive the complimentary Daily F&B Credit.

23. When does the credit expire each day?

The credit does not “expire” until the member checks out. However, the daily amount re-sets each day to the maximum daily credit value at midnight. Members can use up to the total daily maximum and are responsible for anything beyond that amount.

Since the member gets a new credit each day (for the number of nights of their stay), the only day they can use any leftover credit is the morning of check-out. (return to top)

24. How will the complimentary Daily F&B Credit appear on my hotel bill/folio?

The total eligible Daily F&B Credit amount used and billed to the room during a member’s stay will be automatically applied and appear as one line item per day on a member’s hotel bill/folio, deducted from the total stay cost at the end of their stay.

25. How will the Hilton Honors Daily F&B Credit be handled at hotels with Executive Lounges?

At hotels that have an Executive Lounge that offers complimentary breakfast, Diamond members and Gold members upgraded to Executive Lounge access will not receive the Daily F&B Credit. These hotels will provide the Daily F&B Credit to Gold members not upgraded to Executive Lounge access.
(return to top)
Print Wikipost

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Super Mario
The Hyatt footprint can be a big deal. It costs you actual money. Looking at the choices in DC, there are very few for Hyatt. In the few searches I did, there was a double-digit amount of Hilton properties that were cheaper than the cheapest Hyatt. In there was Homewood, Hampton, Embassy, etc with the included breakfast if you must. Not to mention so many other brand choices, giving multitudes of different experiences. Many of which you could use the cost savings to buy nearly any breakfast you want.

That doesn't sound like a good business model to me. Targeting people who will flee at the slightest change of a loyalty perk? Those customers aren't nearly as desirable as this thread makes it sound.
Hilton does have a lot bigger footprint than Hyatt which is a plus for Hilton. Also weird Hilton gives out status so freely when their elite requirements is the same as Hyatt and there are a lot more properties.

Makes a lot more sense for me to stay at Hyatt for my DC stay. This is a business stay for two days and pleasure for the weekend. They Hyatt is only $20 a night more but a LOT nicer hotel. The Washington Hilton is getting dated and the exec lounge when it was open wasn't that great but nice place to grab bottled water or soda in the afternoon. I liked staying there because a lot of times the front desk would look at your activity and base upgrades on that and also give you full breakfast vouchers a lto of times. Hasn't been happening lately. And last time I stayed there I had to check out at 1 p.m., latest they would give me and I only needed my bags stored for a coupel hours and they charged me to store my bags until 3 where I would have had my room until then at the Hyatt.

Seeing this is a personal stay for the weekend makes sense to pay the $20 extra a night not even involving the breakfast benefit. It's a nicer hotel for one so worth it there. I may be having a friend join me for the weekend and I'm using a suite certificate (something Hilton doesn't have and a suite would have been a lot more if I confirmed one). My flight is at 5:25 so I can just head to Reagan around 4 p.m. from my room where if I was at the Hilton I'd have to pay to store my bags and if I want to use the fitness center or am out in the city and want to shower and change before heading to DCA, I wouldn't have that luxury at a Hilton.

As far as the status challenge goes, it makes perfect sense. Alaska and Air Canada are doing it right now. A few Hotels did it about ten years ago when Hilton had a major devaluation.

Alaska requires you to submit your status and your flight activity. They won't give out the status if you aren't showing many flights and can tell you have the status through a match and when you get the status you have to fly so many flights in 90 or 120 days and you keep it for the year and have the entire year to meet the requriements for 2023.

Hyatt and Marriott can just ask for proof of your diamond status and number of stays or nights you had in the past year. If someone has only ten stays it's obvious they have the status through a match or credit card and just deny it and if someone has 30 stays and they have earned status grant it. Business travelers will be a lot more likely to make the switch if they have the perks from day one and just require ten nights in 90 days for the status through year end. If Marriott did that they'd get enough stays out of me for Platinum in 2022, I just don't want to start out with only Gold perks.

A lot of the people complaining in this thread have the status through a credit card that is basically free, not from spending 30 stays a year with Hilton.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
There simply aren't enough people hitting the elite night thresholds for offering a status match to be worth it for Hyatt/Marriott. It's also an open secret that Hyatt and Marriott are rolling out Globalist/Platinum for paying an Aspire-ish AF in 2022 because the past couple of years has shown that the credit cards are the true loyalists (2019 vintage Aspires have a roughly 100% annual NDR since then, 2019 Diamond by head-in-bed is below 10%... it's a similar tale for Hyatt/Marriott).
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
\\

One other nice thing if they did a daily credit that has been brough up a couple times is if only one person wants breakfast. There's been a couple times mentioned that only one spouse wants breakfast or they want to split an entree and the hotel would only give $12 or $15 credit instead of the entire amount because it is designed per person. If they did the credit per room instead of per person could also benefit couples who want to split an entree or if one wants to sleep in or has their spouse with them on business and has a business breafast.

Resort fees and urban fees have been around for a while and surprised you haven't encountered them. At least in this case you are getting glasses of wine and breakfast out of it.
If the hotel follows the rules the new benefit is actually a plus since you can get the free breakfast and can use the credit on something else.

I've always had an issue with resort fees and don't see them going away and unfortunately they are hitting NYC now and looks like they are hitting places like Portland.

But people can vote with their wallets and if they don't like the breakfast change just give your 30 stays a year to Marriott or Hyatt where you get a good breakfast benefit (for me the late check out is a big deal and I have voted with my wallet many times and given Hyatt and Marriott my business when a late check out is important) and the resort fees is why Hilton doesn't get my business in Vegas. I give all my Hilton business to a Ceasars property since they waive the resort fees and will give a late check out. Only exception is if I don't need a late checkout and want to be on the northern side of the strip sometimes the HGVC will get my business but only because they waive the resort fee on my corporate rate and the other Hiltons won't.
How did you come to the conclusion that I've not encountered resort fees? I've not encountered one like this where you are simultaneously charged and credited breakfast at the same time. It's just odd, especially for Portland. I will add that this particular hotel was always independent, and just came under the Hilton umbrella about 2 months ago.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hhdl
There simply aren't enough people hitting the elite night thresholds for offering a status match to be worth it for Hyatt/Marriott. It's also an open secret that Hyatt and Marriott are rolling out Globalist/Platinum for paying an Aspire-ish AF in 2022 because the past couple of years has shown that the credit cards are the true loyalists (2019 vintage Aspires have a roughly 100% annual NDR since then, 2019 Diamond by head-in-bed is below 10%... it's a similar tale for Hyatt/Marriott).
Doesnt Marriott already have a high fee credit card but only offers gold? I'd be very surprised if Marriott gives out Platinum with a credit card that basically has no annual fee like Hilton. In fact when Am Ex platinum started giving out gold at Marriott, Marriott took away benefits from Gold and added Platinum making it the same stay/nights requirement that gold was and adding the breakfast benefit.

If Hyatt does add globalist I hope they don't turn it into what Hilton Diamond has become. I can't imagine them making Globalist free with a credit card seeing they give the suite certificates and 4 p.m. checkout. You can still get Hyatt with a credit card you just have to spend a lot. Hilton used to give out diamond with only a $40K a year spend on the credit card so it was still easy to obtain, not sure why they had to make it even easier.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
How did you come to the conclusion that I've not encountered resort fees? I've not encountered one like this where you are simultaneously charged and credited breakfast at the same time. It's just odd, especially for Portland. I will add that this particular hotel was always independent, and just came under the Hilton umbrella about 2 months ago.
It is odd that they are charging a resort fee in Portland at a regular Hilton. Hope this doesn't become the norm in big cities. IA couple Hiltons in NYC are charging it. I haven't had the resort fee since they've placed the breakfast credit in effect, but have had stayed at properties like the Bentley where I've had to pay the fee and received free breakfast. This is the first I've heard of a property including breakfast with a resort fee. If someone doesn't have status with a hotel, I wouldn't have as big of an issue paying it if the breakfast is decent and I'm getting a couple glasses of wine every night and bottled water every day.

I've always thought Hilton should throw in bonus points as part of the resort fee if you are an elite that already has all those benefit, or better yet give a late check out.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by hhdl
I mean, Marriott already has a $450 premium card. I can't imagine they think anyone would pay more than that unless they plan to offer it as a true Cobalt card. Hyatt I could potentially see.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I mean, Marriott already has a $450 premium card. I can't imagine they think anyone would pay more than that unless they plan to offer it as a true Cobalt card. Hyatt I could potentially see.
And the $450 only gives you Gold status which isn't as valuable as Hilton Gold, except for the 2 p.m. checkout and doesn't provide nearly the benefits the Hilton card does except the Marriott card does give you a $300 Marriott credit. l can't imagine anyone paying more than that even if it gives Marriott platinum. I'm really surprised Hilton hasn't raised their annual fee and eliminated the airline credit since the Platinum and Delta am ex annual fees went up a lot.

Hyatt is pretty protective of their top teir and I can't see them offering one either
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Please take any further comparative credit card discussion to the appropriate forum.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I thought the T&C said the credit could be used any place on a property for F&B charges. I wonder if it's like the late checkout with Marriott and a property considered a "resort" is exempt.
The T&C for the credit mentions (paraphrasing) something about it being useable at "designated outlets" which is very much not anywhere. This opens things up to interpretation property by property as to what that can mean.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
The T&C for the credit mentions (paraphrasing) something about it being useable at "designated outlets" which is very much not anywhere. This opens things up to interpretation property by property as to what that can mean.
This is one of the infuriating elements of this plan. Hilton has touted “increased flexibility” as the supposed reason/benefit for the F&B credit. But an HGI (for instance) could say that the pantry is not a “Designated Outlet,” leaving the guest merely with the option of purchasing a $12++ breakfast with their $10 credit.

Owners: 2
Guests: 0
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by twitch76
This is one of the infuriating elements of this plan. Hilton has touted “increased flexibility” as the supposed reason/benefit for the F&B credit. But an HGI (for instance) could say that the pantry is not a “Designated Outlet,” leaving the guest merely with the option of purchasing a $12++ breakfast with their $10 credit.

Owners: 2
Guests: 0
Sure, or the HGI could say that they're not participating in the credit which leaves you with nothing. The same as a DT could say that their gift shop/pantry is not a designated outlet and that the only way to use the credit is at their singular restaurant for dinner only. The same as a Curio could say that the two chain franchise restaurants leasing space in their lobby do not participate in the credit since those outlets are not owned by the property, etc. FWIW, internally there is no requirement for properties to offer hot items/meals within the boundaries of the credit. You need to offer items that are less than the credit, but not hot items. Those are only "encouraged" to be offered for less than the nightly amount.
jamesteroh likes this.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Dec 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Hilton used to give out diamond with only a $40K a year spend on the credit card so it was still easy to obtain, not sure why they had to make it even easier.
Even more proof that this place is pretty detached from reality.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:59 am

Hilton Newark Airport. Stayed for one night, spent $24 exactly at the lobby Starbucks. Checked out via the app and no credit. Asked front desk and they said I should have checked out from the front desk. They posted a refund of $24 back to the credit card.
Hopefully this becomes automated soon, especially for check out day breakfast charges.
lgormley likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did a stay in Columbus last night for a last minute breakfast meeting this morning.

Friend about an hour way from there I hadn't seen in a while came up and we caught up and he crashed in my room. Nice thing was the property did offer my a nice upgrade but it was a one bedded room and I needed a two bedded room.

Seeing it was a breakfast meeting with a client I only wanted coffee and went down with my friend who ordered breakfast and of course nothing on the menu that $12 would cover. The total bill came out to less than that and they gave me two chits for $15 each. I was told that only one chit could be used per person and mine would cover the coffee of course but my friend would have to make up the difference on his breakfast which was around $20 before tip. I thought about just coming back after my meeting and grabbing a diet coke and a few bags of chips to take with me and was told the entire voucher had to be used at once.

I wish Hilton would have consistency in the policy. I've stayed at hotels where I was able to use the combined total on one meal or use part of the credit in the restaurant and part of it in the store or later that day.

I totally understand it's suppose to be $12 per person credit in this case and not allowing me to use the excess on mine towards another person who went over the $12 voucher, but I thought the policy was that it was for the entire day and didn't have to be used at once. I ran into that issue at the Chesea HGI in NYC in October as well, was given two voucher for each day and it all had to be used at once, I wasn't able to get an OJ from the restaurant and then use the balance in the store.

There have been times at night where I will go to a bar with a friend and we'll split an appetizer and each get a drink. Not sure how they'll handle it in that case if we both get diet cokes and the voucher for two will cover it where it's suppose to be per person where we are sharing the appetizer. Hopefully they'll be willing to divide the check in half and each of us use a voucher or the credit instead of saying the appetizer is goingon one persons bill and they have to make up the difference between the appetizer and drink charge and the credit.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Diamond,
November we stayed at Hilton Union Square in San Francisco. There they just have a grab and go place for meal items. The breakfast sandwiches were underwhelming, though we did have them one morning when getting a 6:30 am pickup for a trip to Yosemite. We found a fantastic diner a few blocks away where we would have a big breakfast. We'd use the $30 F&B credit to have a drink in the bar upstairs or grab a bottle of wine and some snacks to have in the room. In this case having the flexibility to use the F&B credit that way was nice.

However we just came back from Burlington, Vt where we stayed at Doubletree. Nice hotel, but even with the $24 F&B credit, breakfast ended out costing 18.95 a day for two of us. There really wasn't any other option for using the F&B credit because most of the time we were family for other meals. In this case I would have preferred the free breakfast that I used to get. There also seems to be no additional benefit for being Diamond versus being Gold, except that I could park in the Diamond member parking spaces.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.