FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2062014-update-daily-food-beverage-credit-2022-onwards-u-s-canada.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Dec 14, 2021 8:09 am

Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada

Hi everyone,

As this year comes to a close, Hilton Honors has been focused on providing you, our loyal members, with increased flexibility, choice and control around their benefits – in recent months, that has included giving members more time to enjoy their status, benefits and Points by issuing another round of program extensions, as well as enhancing the space-available elite upgrade benefit by notifying members 72-hours in advance of arrival that they’ve received a complimentary room upgrade. And as we embark upon a new year, Hilton remains committed to delivering the best experience possible for its Hilton Honors members.

In July 2021, Hilton Honors began offering its elite Gold and Diamond members a complimentary Daily Food & Beverage Credit at luxury, lifestyle, full-service and Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the U.S., ranging from $10 to $25 per member, or $20 to $50 for two registered guests, per night, depending on the brand and property location.

Today, we are extending the credit into 2022 and beginning on Feb. 1, 2022, increasing the credit amounts across its lifestyle and full-service brands from $12 to $15 per night, and $15 to $18 per night in select markets, to provide members even greater value. The select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key Largo, Key West, New York City and San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

For additional information on the Daily F&B Credit extension, please visit the updated Daily F&B Credit FAQs.

Best Regards,
William

ORDnHKG Dec 14, 2021 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 33811363)

Today, we are extending the credit into 2022 and beginning on Feb. 1, 2022, increase the credit amounts across its lifestyle and full-service brands from $12 to $15 per night, and $15 to $18 per night in select markets, to provide members even greater value. The select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key Largo, Key West, New York City and San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

Hi William, how come HGI remain at $10 per person per day ?

Super Mario Dec 14, 2021 8:44 am

Glad to hear about some of the increased amounts. Those few bucks make a big difference. I don't think the minimum should be any lower than $12 though.

11277m Dec 14, 2021 8:52 am

I'm sorry to hear of the extension to that system. I wonder what will happen next?

twitch76 Dec 14, 2021 8:59 am

Well… that’s thoroughly unfortunate.

To say that I’m disappointed in Hilton would be an understatement.

(ETA: At least Hilton didn’t blatantly lie about the rousing success and positive feedback from guests. So there’s that.)

twitch76 Dec 14, 2021 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 33811467)
Glad to hear about some of the increased amounts. Those few bucks make a big difference. I don't think the minimum should be any lower than $12 though.

I agree… the increased amount helps the bitter pill go down (except, of course, for my previously preferred brand, HGI, where the pill is just as bitter).

The problem, of course, is that hotels can set their prices at whatever ridiculous amounts they think the market will bear. The only thing worse than in inflation is funny-money-inflation… it’s like an episode of Who’s Line is it Anyway… “where everything is made up and the points don’t matter.”

jebr Dec 14, 2021 9:18 am

Will there be any Hilton-enforced brand standards that require that a reasonable breakfast meal be offered at/below the credit amount? I have no confidence in $10 covering even a breakfast sandwich with a side and beverage at an HGI without a brand standard requiring it, much less anything resembling the old benefit of a free hot breakfast buffet. Even $15 at a Hilton won't go very far.

hugolover Dec 14, 2021 9:23 am

It's good to see the trial was a success and they haven't seen a drop-off in custom.

simonsmith Dec 14, 2021 9:30 am

Very Disappointing News

RAPC Dec 14, 2021 9:44 am

I'm pleased to not be a regular customer in the US based on this. I do have a few stays planned for next year at various US Hiltons, with most of them being an easy switch to either Hampton Inns, or other groups. I've checked in with a couple of the properties after seeing this announcement just now and even the increased amounts cover circa 50% of the breakfast cost, before tax and service. Easy decision to plan to stay elsewhere, as breakfast is a key benefit for me. Understand it isn't for everyone though and each to their own etc.

wizla Dec 14, 2021 9:50 am

Originally Posted by RAPC (Post 33811687)
I'm pleased to not be a regular customer in the US based on this. I do have a few stays planned for next year at various US Hiltons, with most of them being an easy switch to either Hampton Inns, or other groups. I've checked in with a couple of the properties after seeing this announcement just now and even the increased amounts cover circa 50% of the breakfast cost, before tax and service. Easy decision to plan to stay elsewhere, as breakfast is a key benefit for me. Understand it isn't for everyone though and each to their own etc.

Completely agree, yes it doesn’t effect me being here in the UK but I too wouldn’t be happy if it did.

smmrfld Dec 14, 2021 10:03 am

This is terrible. How is it being automated, or is HH withholding that info from its SM reps?

bse118 Dec 14, 2021 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 33811363)
Hi everyone,

As this year comes to a close, Hilton Honors has been focused on providing you, our loyal members, with increased flexibility, choice and control around their benefits – in recent months, that has included giving members more time to enjoy their status, benefits and Points by issuing another round of program extensions, as well as enhancing the space-available elite upgrade benefit by notifying members 72-hours in advance of arrival that they’ve received a complimentary room upgrade. And as we embark upon a new year, Hilton remains committed to delivering the best experience possible for its Hilton Honors members.

In July 2021, Hilton Honors began offering its elite Gold and Diamond members a complimentary Daily Food & Beverage Credit at luxury, lifestyle, full-service and Hilton Garden Inn hotels in the U.S., ranging from $10 to $25 per member, or $20 to $50 for two registered guests, per night, depending on the brand and property location.

Today, we are extending the credit into 2022 and beginning on Feb. 1, 2022, increasing the credit amounts across its lifestyle and full-service brands from $12 to $15 per night, and $15 to $18 per night in select markets, to provide members even greater value. The select markets include the cities of Boston, Chicago, District of Columbia, Key Largo, Key West, New York City and San Francisco, the County of Los Angeles and the state of Hawaii.

For additional information on the Daily F&B Credit extension, please visit the updated Daily F&B Credit FAQs.

Best Regards,
William

Still an absolutely terrible program.

* $10 at an HGI is a sham: just completed a stay at major city HGI - $10 gets you a cup of coffee and a side of toast. Doesn't cover a drink at the bar either.
* This system is absolute reporting nightmare for expense reporting systems that require itemized meal receipts. Transaction costs in admin to report aren't worth the benefit
* I've been told by hotels at check-in that "the credit can't be used for breakfast on check-out day"
* I have to audit my folio to ensure that the manual process has been done properly. More transaction costs for me.

I will continue to minimize my on-property food and beverage spend until this is ended. Maybe Hilton considers that a win.

krazykanuck Dec 14, 2021 10:05 am

Originally Posted by jebr (Post 33811587)
Will there be any Hilton-enforced brand standards that require that a reasonable breakfast meal be offered at/below the credit amount?

Unfortunately, I think we all know the likely answer to that is no. Hilton hasn't shown interest in that so far, why start now?

I last expressed my continued unhappiness with this policy and saying that on a recent trip I purposefully booked a Marriott property because of it, and I got a rather prompt reply back from somebody who clearly didn't even read or understand what the point of my complaint was.

gbdbld Dec 14, 2021 10:20 am

Can Hilton at least explain what time does the daily credit reset for multi day stay?