Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Received in an.email from HiltonHonors today entitled "-----, your Card Member perks summary is here".

Enroll now and earn a Free Night Reward after you spend $8,000 with your Card through February 28, 2022.

Terms and conditions:
I just earned one free night, however, when i called to redeem, Hilton said Maui Grand Wailea doen't have any standard room, they are all premium rooms. WTH! This hotel is not even on the excluion hotel list. Anyway, if anyone has any good tips which other location is good to use this free night, please discuss.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:13 pm

***WARNING***.FREE NIGHT AWARD WILL NOT BE VISIBLE IN YOUR HILTON HONORS ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must complete your stay by the expiration date 2022-12-31. Please note, your free night reward will not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your records

I am guessing Hilton gets at minimum 30% breakage or no use of these targeted $8,000 spend awards not redeemed because they will NOT BE DISPLAYED in your Honors account. Heck I do not even know what day of the week it is since this Pandemic began.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Dian Wen
I just earned one free night, however, when i called to redeem, Hilton said Maui Grand Wailea doen't have any standard room, they are all premium rooms. WTH! This hotel is not even on the excluion hotel list. Anyway, if anyone has any good tips which other location is good to use this free night, please discuss.
You can use the certificate anywhere there is standard room availability, and it doesn't always have to be 95K, I've used mine at "lesser" places where we wanted to go...of course the more expensive the room, the better. I'm planning to use/used in the past ours at the Del Coronado in San Diego, the Oceana in Santa Monica, Crockfords LV, Waldorf Astoria LV, Inn at Saratoga, Sound Hotel Seattle...it depends on where you want to go where you don't want to use your regular points and the room rate is more than you'd want to pay out of pocket The Del and the Oceana are both in the $700-800 range for our dates, but I'm also happy using it on a $250 and up room if I have to. And I also like using it on a one-night stay only (all our uses were a special add-on "last night" to the rest of the trip being at a more affordable/fewer points place.

That's why I'm surprised you just want one night at the Grand Wailea - was this an add-on to more nights you're already staying? We try to use regular points for places like that because you get the 5th night free, these certificates can't be used to achieve that. And I make reservations for those popular places the minute they become available, usually a year or so in advance.

Note: Just trying to show you can basically use them anywhere - I know people use them in the Maldives, Europe, etc. and those are great redemptions but we personally like to stick closer to home these days, that's why mine are all west coast environs.
Dian Wen likes this.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Dec 23, 2021 at 4:20 am
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:01 am

Thank you for the tips! We are in bayarea, so your hotel suggestions are excellent. Yes, we booked four days at the Grand Wailea Maui taking advantage of their current timeshare promotion offer. So I was hoping we can using this free hotel night in Maui for an add-on. So far nothing came available so we used Marriott points for 2 nights at Marriott Wailea. My husband stayed at Waldorf Astoria LV he said it is great hotel. It is about $500/night there. I will look into other hotels you mentioned. Happy holidays!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:46 am

Thank you for the tips! We are in bayarea, so your hotel suggestions are excellent. Yes, we booked four days at the Grand Wailea Maui taking advantage of their current timeshare promotion offer. So I was hoping we can using this free hotel night in Maui for an add-on. So far nothing came available so we used Marriott points for 2 nights at Marriott Wailea. My husband stayed at Waldorf Astoria LV he said it is great hotel. It is about $500/night there. I will look into other hotels you mentioned. Happy holidays!
Are the timeshares at the Grand Wailea just in the regular part of the hotel? We stayed across the street at the Ho'Olei condos (part of the GW) and they were fabulous. Longer to get to the pool and beach but worth the trade off.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:52 am

This is the first time I saw a timeshare offer for the Grand Wailea, They just sold me a 4 nights 2 queen bed room for $999+ tax, little over $1100 total. This is great bargain considering the room rate is over $1k per night. They said no upgrade option since it is very limited supply.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:06 am

This is the first time I saw a timeshare offer for the Grand Wailea, They just sold me a 4 nights 2 queen bed room for $999+ tax, little over $1100 total. This is great bargain considering the room rate is over $1k per night. They said no upgrade option since it is very limited supply.
Sounds great!
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Centurion
***WARNING***.FREE NIGHT AWARD WILL NOT BE VISIBLE IN YOUR HILTON HONORS ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure why you're yelling so loudly but considering Amex Hilton Free Night Certs weren't visible to us in our online account until last month/this month, this is hardly a change from the last couple years.

But good to know if true. I haven't finished my $8k spend quest yet.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:03 am

Received my certificate last week as soon as I hit 8k spend.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by ck8
I have an $9,000 bill that I need to pay on Pay.gov. This is not a tax transaction but it is in a sense a debt. I wonder if they would try to call this a cash equivalent? This would allow me to double dip and meet the $15k for FNC and the bonus for the $8k.
This counts towards my spending thresholds on my Delta Amex Reserve, so I would expect it would qualify towards this promo. After all, they do get a swipe fee for the transaction.

edit: my error, I thought you were making a tax payment through pay1040.com which does charge a 2% swipe fee.

I'm not sure about pay.gov. When I first started Medicare, I paid the premiums on-line with my Amex and there was not a fee for using the card. I don't know if it counted towards my Amex spending.

Sorry about that - good luck with it!

David
jamesteroh likes this.

Last edited by DiverDave; Dec 28, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

I got the offer on my no-fee card. If I meet the $8K, then upgrade to Surpass, would I get another night with $7K more spend? Or would the clock reset with the upgrade and require $15K more for the second night?

P2 has the same offer on the no-fee card. If we are not traveling together, can I give her my award (or vice-versa)?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by paradox
I got the offer on my no-fee card. If I meet the $8K, then upgrade to Surpass, would I get another night with $7K more spend? Or would the clock reset with the upgrade and require $15K more for the second night?

P2 has the same offer on the no-fee card. If we are not traveling together, can I give her my award (or vice-versa)?
My understanding (you can also read back in the thread as this has been discussed) is that the $8k spend also counts for the yearly $15k spend.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by pzpa
Received my certificate last week as soon as I hit 8k spend.
As did I. I knew I was close and called the Diamond desk and the agent was able to tell me precisely where I was with spend for the offer, so the next day I completed it.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
My understanding (you can also read back in the thread as this has been discussed) is that the $8k spend also counts for the yearly $15k spend.
Only from January on...what you spent for this promo in Nov & Dec does not, unless you were topping off what you needed for 2021.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Only from January on...what you spent for this promo in Nov & Dec does not, unless you were topping off what you needed for 2021.
Well, of course. Spend towards the 2021 $15K has to consist of spend in 2021; spend for the $8K can be completed during the promotional period of 2021-2022; spend for the 2022 $15K has to consist of spend in 2022. I completed my 2021 $15K spend in early December; completed my $8K spend last week (spend included the 2021 spend that went toward 2021 $15K).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.