Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Enroll now and earn a free night reward after spending $8K on your card thru 28 Feb 2022.
The Free Night Reward can be redeemed any night of the week for a one night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward. To redeem the Free Night Reward, you must call 1-800-446-6677. Free Night Rewards issued through this promotion on or before 12/31/2021 will expire on 12/31/2022 and Free Night Rewards issued on or after 1/1/2022 will expire 12 months from date of issuance.

Link to check for offer: https://global.americanexpress.com/enrollments/oletenroll?campaignId=ggll1121&offerType=ggll01&lo cale=en-US&cid=OH,MB,CobrandFNCLPCarousel,MULTIPR,Carousel ,Offers,SingleLink,i83174

You must complete your stay by the expiration date. Please note, your free night reward may or may not be visible in your Hilton Honors account, so please retain your email for your record.

Print Wikipost

Amex: Spend $8000 by 28FEB2022 Get a Free Night Award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Amex via chat. There’s an internal counter they can check.
Thanks! I just did. It appears they subtracted my returns, which is fair I guess, but some people seem to report otherwise.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
This is really a great deal. Especially for my Aspire Card! I paid $15000 for property tax before the end of last year and got two free nights. I have booked 2 weekend nights at Waldorf Astoria Cabo which should cost $4000+ in cash
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by levilevi
logged into Hilton this morning and I see cert there with 1//31/23 expiration
For folks that are seeing their certificate when logging into the Honors website, where exactly do you go to see the certificate?

EDITED TO ADD: I found a blog post from Ben Schlappig that describes where to see it (not linking since I know that's sometimes frowned upon on FT). I just scroll down on the main page past my status level, and it shows the certificate. That is handy, as I never received an e-mail from Amex.
levilevi likes this.

Last edited by lbbzman; Feb 4, 2022 at 6:53 am Reason: Added information on where to find cert online
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
What is the $15,000 spend marker for a free night people are referring to? I have Aspjre and just crossed $8k for the $8k promotion. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
What is the $15,000 spend marker for a free night people are referring to? I have Aspjre and just crossed $8k for the $8k promotion. Thanks in advance!
The $15,000 free night is for the Surpass card. The Aspire card requires $60,000 spend for a free night (this free night is in addition to the free night received for Aspire renewal).
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jbeckett
The $15,000 free night is for the Surpass card. The Aspire card requires $60,000 spend for a free night (this free night is in addition to the free night received for Aspire renewal).
jbeckett is right! It's for the Surpass card. Sorry about the confusion.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Thanks! I just did. It appears they subtracted my returns, which is fair I guess, but some people seem to report otherwise.
that’s because they have changed the way they count between December and January. We have two cards. First one didn’t have returns subtracted.. The second had some credits subtracted.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by lbbzman
For folks that are seeing their certificate when logging into the Honors website, where exactly do you go to see the certificate?

EDITED TO ADD: I found a blog post from Ben Schlappig that describes where to see it (not linking since I know that's sometimes frowned upon on FT). I just scroll down on the main page past my status level, and it shows the certificate. That is handy, as I never received an e-mail from Amex.
App or webpage?

thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
that’s because they have changed the way they count between December and January. We have two cards. First one didn’t have returns subtracted.. The second had some credits subtracted.
Ah, I was wondering some people said returns didn't count. I guess it makes sense but my returns were for theatre tickets that I purchased before November1!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by levilevi
Thanks for the heads up - still no emails from Amex/Hilton now closing in 3 weeks post spend posting - but logged into Hilton this morning and I see cert there with 1//31/23 expiration - so all good there, thanks!
With just the last 4 digits visible online, and no email with the full cert, hoping when I goto book they can see on my account just fine...
Same with me. The Cert is in my HHonors account, but I never received any notifications/emails from Amex or Hilton like I normally do. Glad I checked but whats going on with their communications.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
App or webpage?

thanks!
I only see it on the webpage in the account tab directly below where it shows your status
lbbzman likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
App or webpage?
Webpage.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Southwest, AA, Starwood, MR
Data Point - I never received an email and it's not showing when I log into my account, but I did earn the FNC a few days after hitting the $8k spend. I only know that because I chatted with Amex (less than helpful, 1 chat rep thought I was talking about the $15k spend in the calendar year), then sent a twitter message to Hilton to confirm.
san888 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I am close to earning this reward and then had a blinding flash of the obvious. Since I have the Surpass card, I can earn one night for $8K spend or two nights for $15K spend.

As long as I hit the $8K by the end of this month.

And if I understand correctly, both will be good for any night of the week, which I think is true for any rewards issued before the end of this year.

Normally I don't put much spend on this card, but looks like at least $15K for this year!

David
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
And if I understand correctly, both will be good for any night of the week, which I think is true for any rewards issued before the end of this year.
Last I heard any nights earned in 2022 go back to the weekend nights, as they were before Covid, but things could have changed.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.